The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• Lehki said:
    Wasn't he technically a 3p? He won and left the game when his doll was present at a murder.
    He was town with an alternate win condition if I remember correctly
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'd check, but trying to find the end of Day 2 in that game was -always- problematic. The confusion was understandable either way.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Fyler said:
    DEX DUMP STAT?! Listen bitch.
    Don't worry, you'll just

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • One doth not hath a clue'eth as to what'eth she is doing'eth.

Herein lie my Hunger Games salute.

Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ok, few people have dropped suggestive hints as to their identities or having post restrictions, there's a vote-train we can look back to, and since I don't think there's enough on the table to create a momentum shift from No Lynch and I don't particularly look forward to having another marathon game I'll

Vote None
  • That's the end of the day then, I guess?

As a point of clarification, @Sylandra (it wasn't mentioned in the rules specifically, but it's been the general practice), are we free to chat and discuss between the last vote and the start of the night phase?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    Nobody: Tremula, Luce, Kendra, Ellowyn, Breandryn, Shaddus, Lehki, Ushaara (8)

With 15 alive, that's a no lynch!

---

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE.
    You have 48 hours to submit your night actions to me before Day 2 begins.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ssaliss said:
    That's the end of the day then, I guess?

As a point of clarification, @Sylandra (it wasn't mentioned in the rules specifically, but it's been the general practice), are we free to chat and discuss between the last vote and the start of the night phase?
    Yes, and yes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE IN. PLEASE STAND BY FOR ACTION CONFIRMATION AND RESPONSE. WHEN ALL HAS BEEN COMPLETED, THE DAYPHASE SHALL OFFICIALLY BEGIN.
    Daraius said:
    NIGHT ONE HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED

We suspect you are waiting for the delicious results of how the night unfolded. Of course you are. That's why you're reading, isn't it? We see you, breathless with anticipation, so anxious to see who it is that got the chop. Unless it's you, of course.

But it isn't you. Is it? Because no one died last night.

And what fun is a game where no one gets hurt, even a little bit?

We have no news for you today. Perhaps you can fix that for us tomorrow.

---

IT IS DAY TWO
    With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    On my way home from work and BOY DO I HAVE NEWS TO SHARE.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I did what I set out to do, and all seems to be well otherwise. Woohoo!

Okay, I am back! The information that I can confirm is that we have an item giver out there in the wide world, similar to the shopkeep from Touhou. I'll be happy to share what I got later on, but one less role to worry about figuring out is a plus to us. I'm figuring, in a game this size:

Scum: 3-4 people.

o Godfather
    o ?????

Town: 8-10 people.

o Item Giver
    o Investigator (guessing)
    o Blocker (guessing)
    o Doctor (guessing)
    o Protector (Guessing)
    o ??????

Third Party: 3-4 people.

o ????

• And true to earlier games, no one died night 1 :D
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Assuming there's either a tracker or a watcher is probably also pretty safe, but maybe not both. We've had jailors too more or less every game, right? 

Thinking either scum target was doctored, jailed, and/ or immune, which is lucky but not outside the realm of realism.
  • Or there's a cult *spooky sounds*

In all seriousness, though, yeah. Your suggestions are the most likely.
  • There might be a thief, is there is an item giver. *side-eyes @Lavinya*
    Giving low weight to a cult being present or mafia deciding not to act, so agree that block/doctor/jailing are more likely.

Or they targeted someone like Catherine from Reign game who was X-shot kill proof iirc. 

I have no clue if I was targeted for a night action or not but @sylandra can you say how you'll handle the 'no self-watching' policy Kiradawea had in the last game?
  • I had a pretty quiet and uneventful night, how was everyone else's? 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Mine was much the same!  I have nothing to report.  Excited to see how everyone else's night was.
    Ushaara said:
    Giving low weight to a cult being present or mafia deciding not to act, so agree that block/doctor/jailing are more likely.

Or they targeted someone like Catherine from Reign game who was X-shot kill proof iirc. 

I have no clue if I was targeted for a night action or not but @sylandra can you say how you'll handle the 'no self-watching' policy Kiradawea had in the last game?
    If anyone has any questions about their particular power, I'm happy to answer in PM. I will say some powers make themselves more apparent than others!
    Daraius said:
  • Tremula said:
    Okay, I am back! The information that I can confirm is that we have an item giver out there in the wide world, similar to the shopkeep from Touhou. I'll be happy to share what I got later on, but one less role to worry about figuring out is a plus to us. I'm figuring, in a game this size:

Scum: 3-4 people.

o Godfather
    o ?????

Town: 8-10 people.

o Item Giver
    o Investigator (guessing)
    o Blocker (guessing)
    o Doctor (guessing)
    o Protector (Guessing)
    o ??????

Third Party: 3-4 people.

o ????
    Are you saying that you were visited by or visited the item giver last night?
    @Othero I was visited by the item giver, I didn't visit them.

• Well I have some pretty significant issues with how day 0 was conducted and how abruptly it ended (@Ushaara), but as that conversation seems to cause everyone to shut down I'll refrain from throwing anyone under the bus. 

Though I don't see anyone else coming up with any ideas how to proceed.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Fyler said:

Though I don't see anyone else coming up with any ideas how to proceed.
    Well, we -are- talking about some sort of person that brought Tremula an item or something last night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I didn't play the Touhou Mafia and it is a bit hard to parse through all those pages, anyone able to give a brief rundown on what to expect?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Well, if the item giving is like it was in Touhou, there's a person out there who has items. They can use a night action to uncover more items (perhaps there's a limited amount?) or choose to hand out one. The shopkeep was special, though, in that she could sell items so everyone could see who bought what. It was my undoing then because I wanted the Pokeball she was selling, and people turned against me because of how strong an anti-town power it could be.

• My night was quiet until I suddenly heard a loud voice speaking in all caps claiming that the administration was not satisfied with my posting and that my warning level was being raised. This makes no sense to me. You can see my vote counted yesterday so I clearly satisfied any posting restrictions that I may or may not have. I can only conclude that another player sent me the message.

So now the question is what was their motivation for sending this? As town or scum the goal of this isn't really clear to me. Like were they trying to get me to exaggerate any posting restriction that I may or may not have even more so it would be easier to figure out who I was? For a town or a scum, there's probably better uses for a message sending power.

Okay now if this claim sounds oddly familiar to you, there's a reason for that. It's because in the Pokemafia, also on day 2, I made a wild claim of somebody sending me weird communications in the night right. It is too weird of a coincidence for me to just ignore. Maybe they just thought it would be funny to mess with my head like that, or it'll somehow make me look scummy? But what if this callback was actually related to a 3p goal somehow? A very meta goal. One to somehow make players reference specific events from past mafia games? What other big moments should we be watching out for happening again? 
    @fyler I simply don't want another marathon game. Didn't see people changing their vote or revealing more than they had already, so didn't want to be twiddling thumbs waiting for a timeout.
    Sounds like it might have been a Los Alamos character who targeted you Lehki?

Tremula, don't need to reveal the item or what it does, but does it fit with the theme of a previous mafia game?