The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Lehki Might also be an arson priming. Raise a bunch of warning levels and then blanket b&.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Ushaara it does, and I'm willing to share full information on it if there's interest, because it comes from my own game. Maybe the item giver will give Silvanus a Los Alamos item next!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm hmm. I've been waiting for more people to speak up, but as of this moment I'm pretty convinced there is a bus driver out there, or some similar role.
  • Ushaara said:
    @fyler I simply don't want another marathon game. Didn't see people changing their vote or revealing more than they had already, so didn't want to be twiddling thumbs waiting for a timeout.
    Yeah, that's my problem. It's day 0, we've barely started, we were on like page 3. The "marathon game" defense makes no sense. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's a bus driver do again?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    What's a bus driver do again?
    Target two at night. Actions against A now target B instead and vice versa until the morning comes.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well we've different interpretations on what is abrupt then, I guess. From my point of view, I waited another ~48 hours from when I could have placed a vote to end the day to see if anything more of substance would come up.

You pointed out the quick bandwagon (which I did think was one of the best pieces of information we learned), and a few people hinted as to role/post restrictions. Then posts went into what I thought was an irrelevant direction (Rolsand's win condition) and I felt that nothing more productive would be likely forthcoming, so used my perogative to end the day.

Disagree with my judgement? Sure. Trying to make more out of it than that? Overthinking.
  • What info were you hoping to get from day 0 that you didn't get? Thinking it was rushed means you think we missed something or didn't get something that we should of. What did we lose out on by ending day 0 when we did?
  • That's not a real question, I don't know what information is out there therefore I can't identify it. 

Thinking it was rushed means 7 people voted in quick succession at the opening of the day without conversation, and following a conversation shift, the 8th abruptly ended the day claiming they were preventing a marathon game after just a handful of days (most of which were the weekend). 

It's not an argument that we "missing something" or "should have gotten something." We may have gotten nothing further, but we did have something. Night favors the mafia by design, especially early nights, any behavior that accelerates us to the night without sufficient reasoning should be viewed with skepticism. 

The proof is in our reality. What do we know now to vote on that we didn't know last yesterday? There's nothing new to base a vote on, yet we gave the mafia an opportunity to kill one of us and we just got lucky. It's mafia, you discuss and act on behaviors sometimes, you can't just opt for the Night and hope information falls into your lap. 

People may be okay with no vote day 0, I usually am because there's a lack of info. However, we had a really rushed bandwagon of 7 votes, which is more of a lead than most day 0s have. Without that, I wouldn't be speaking out. In mafia you look for the unusual, and that was kind of unusual. 
  • As a note I haven't voted for a reason, and though I'm poking Ushaara a little, I don't feel any inclination to vote for him. But this is the stuff we should be talking about.
    Some of the people that were on the no-lynch train are being pretty quiet today so far.

I'm still debating how much I should reveal about my role. Just to be sure, Celina, have you experienced nothing of note from the last night?

• Nope, all quiet on the western front. 
    Okay, that clinches it for me.

I have pokémon to share with people. I did not know which ones I had or how many initially, since I could only first access my PC on night 1.

I have started the game with 12, and still have 11 at this time. I must send out a pokémon to befriend someone every night. This is mandatory. Inaction/indecision on my part results in Sylandra using the RNG to do it for me. I also do not know if they have powers of their own or what - I'm left to kind of guesstimate what they might do based on their identity. That said, no one can receive more than one from me, and I cannot keep any from the PC for myself.

Last night I sent one out to befriend Celina. From what I could see on my end, all seemed to go smoothly, but it looks like it ended up with Tremula instead.

This is why I feel like there must be a bus driver, or someone with a similar redirecting power. This also firmly establishes for the town that we seem to have "self-watching" limitations - that we might not always know or see when powers are being used on us.

Getting this out early also means I can freely report if an extra pokémon suddenly and inexplicably goes missing from my PC, via theft or any like effect. I'll want to keep close tabs on where my babies are, so it is easier to pin mischief makers!

Well, I had no indication of anything being amiss, but now I'm going back to reread my night message.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I think it perhaps felt more abrupt to you than it did to me (others?) because your first post wasn't until the game's third day.

But anyway, I believe continuing this will just be a distraction that allows mafia to sit back while we rile each other up, so would prefer if we moved to following up on something that we -have- learned, like possibilities for what was done to Lehki?

Maybe a role/voteblock?
    Okay, so here's what happened on my end. When dawn rose, I had a pokeball lying at my feet, with a note that stated it was now mine. I'm not sure if you wrote the note or not, but if you did, could you tell me the type of food this Pokemon likes, @Vivet? That, or if you know the move that it knows, I'm more than happy to confirm what you said as true.

I have no idea what move it knows! Or any of them for that matter.

But it does like jalapenos!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well that is revealing information and lines up with what you said earlier about wanting to reveal sooner. I can see why you would want to do that, and now we can at least suspect there is a bus driver if you are to be believed.

However, that wouldn't be a very hard thing to coordinate between mafia members on night one, and convenient that you got bussed to the moderator of the Pokemon mafia game. This isn't to say I disbelieve you, just saying I don't believe yet. To Vivet: Any reasoning for giving your pokemon to Celina on night on? To Tremula: Does the Pokemon have a day or night power if any?

Also to the voting day 0 no lynch. I didn't think it was highly suspect with Ushaara's vote, I thought as far as day 0s go, I learned more from it than I have in most mafia games. But I will agree that some of them have also been quiet, especially for having voted in general.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Any reasoning for giving your pokemon to Celina on night on?
    Since I had not much else to base decisions on, I went with what played up to my thematic sensibilities.
  • Vivet said:
    Silvanus said:
    Any reasoning for giving your pokemon to Celina on night on?
    Since I had not much else to base decisions on, I went with what played up to my thematic sensibilities.
    So was it cyndaquil? 

And do you have my sweet baby Togepi?
    @Silvanus yep, it has a day power, and a situationally strong one. It was thematically appropriate for Celina to get it, but unfortunately this isn't PokeMafia and there are no trades

No Togepi this go around - there's a mix of new and returning.

Should I list what's available/left? Withholding that information might be somewhat useful, but that is questionable at best.

Since you all know, it might be fun to see if people think I should or not. Create a point of discussion, even if it is minor.

• NUUUU MAH BABY. I don't know who you are, bus driver, but I will find you. 
    My phone keeps trying to call you Flyer.

Fyler, you didn't get any sort of misfire or misdirection message supporting Vivet's claim that she tried to buff you but failed, did you? I mean, she's got no reason to lie, but it's just as possible she and Tremula are in cahoots in some way.

Do bus drivers see what they caused to happen? What happens if they target people who don't do anything at night?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Vivet said:
    No Togepi this go around - there's a mix of new and returning.

Should I list what's available/left? Withholding that information might be somewhat useful, but that is questionable at best.

Since you all know, it might be fun to see if people think I should or not. Create a point of discussion, even if it is minor.

Imo, no. If there's a bus driver or someone who can control you, that sounds kinda gameable. Keep them guessing.
  • Ushaara said:
    I think it perhaps felt more abrupt to you than it did to me (others?) because your first post wasn't until the game's third day.

But anyway, I believe continuing this will just be a distraction that allows mafia to sit back while we rile each other up, so would prefer if we moved to following up on something that we -have- learned, like possibilities for what was done to Lehki?

Maybe a role/voteblock?
    A roleblock is easy enough to test/confirm. Just toss out a random vote, and then unvote if/when the vote is confirmed. A roleblock... hmm. Not trying to fish for information, @Lehki, but did you do a night action? Not asking for a claim, and if you don't feel confident sharing that information I won't push for it, just trying to piece it together.

Also, to be honest, I've never been at the wrong end of a warning stick before. What does it actually do, mechanically?
  • Err, the first would, obviously, be a voteblock, not a roleblock. I blame the time being 05:30. Stupid clock, why must you be so early?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I had surgery yesterday and have an awkward drip in my good hand so limited posting atm. Please don't read into my quiet. 

My night was uneventful. 

• I may or may not have a night action.  I doubt this was a role/vote block.  A vote block I'm pretty sure Sylandra would have made it clear to me in the message if I could not vote this dayphase.

Also @Sylandra not sure what you're asking about warning sticks. You just said yourself we're trying to piece together what it meant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (I have asked nothing. I'm omniscient!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."