2»

Comments

• ShedrinShedrin Member Posts: 751 Transcendent
    Xenthos said:
    Kagato said:
    Xenthos said:
    Kagato said:
    Xenthos said:
    I suspect that you will keep those skills, so if you switch to that org you can flex to them all you want.

As far as I know they do not refund lessons if you had learned them and the guild revoked your access to classflex, so I can't see the new system being more forgiving in that respect... (unless they do refund and I have just never heard of it, of course!)
    I mainly asked since at present you can still classflex to a guild skill outside of your city/commune, you just can't use skills that exclusively require power from a specific nexus.  Under the new system, you won't be able to access them at all unless you become a citizen of that city/commune is the impression I'm currently getting.
    Can you classflex to a guild that has revoked your classflex permissions?
    Not really the same thing.  Ultimately I'm not fussed on a personal level since I haven't taken up classflexing beyond a single trade skill.  Seems a bit wrong though that the door is abruptly slammed in one's face after a not-small investment, both on an in-game (building rapport with a guild and earning their trust so  you can flex to their skills) and meta level (getting a single guild skill to transcendent takes 285 credits) unless they move to another city, which carries it's own implications in that they will be locked out of skills obtained within THAT city unless they move back THERE again.  It's not particularly fair to expect someone to either a) change cities every time they want to flex to a skill not held by that city/commune or b) put up with a loss of up to 285 credits if they want to hold onto the skill on the outside chance that they will shift to that city/commune, or 58 credits worth of lessons from forgetting it permanently and transferring those lessons to their lesson pool.  Don't forget that not everyone has an abundance of credits and that purchases like that can be a VERY rare treat for some players.
    I guess I'm not sure how it's not the same thing.  Guilds won't exist, so classflex perms will be revoked.  Mechanically it is the same as if a guild leader stripped it from you, no?  What's the difference in your mind?  That it wasn't done at the whim of a player?
    I think that is an important distinction. It's the admins taking it away from you rather than it being 'naturally' taken away as a consequence of rp.
  • ReylariReylari Member Posts: 139 Master
    edited February 8
    Mechanics also allowed you to learn it in the first place, without joining that city, I think is what Kagato is getting at. If mechanics are now outright disallowing you to switch to a class you have learned, then the lessons should be refunded.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,288 Transcendent
    Reylari said:
    Mechanics also allowed you to learn it in the first place, without joining that city, I think is what Kagato is getting at. If mechanics are now outright disallowing you to switch to a class you have learned, then the lessons should be refunded.
    If we're going with the "mechanics allowed it," how are you differentiating between someone who guildhopped between a lot of guilds to learn their skills and make them dormant (collection) vs. someone who got them via classflex?  Because one of these knew when they were guildhopping that they were locking their lessons away (it was only later when classflex came out that it was viable to reactivate without going back to that org).

I'm not sure that they keep track of that stuff...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Member Posts: 3,173 Transcendent
    Yeah I don't think it should be refunded. When I went to Glomdoring, I had all my cacophony skills still dormant, as well as tarot and spellcraft which would never be used in Glom, to save me should I return. If you don't plan to go to that org, you can forget them permanently and get a partial refund. Otherwise everyone who org hops should get a full refund of redundant skills for fairness.

• ShedrinShedrin Member Posts: 751 Transcendent
    Lavinya said:
    Otherwise everyone who org hops should get a full refund of redundant skills for fairness.
    I support this too. Lessons in general are too expensive as I've said in the past.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me. Member Posts: 1,532 Transcendent
    Is this where I can line up for my lesson handout, I'm owed orghop backpay.
  • IanirIanir Gods Posts: 42 Divine
    Sorry about the radio silence here. Outer-org classflexing is going to remain; however, we are changing the permission handling for this to cities rather than guilds at this time. Sorry for the confusion!
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,493 Fabled
    Ianir said:
    Sorry about the radio silence here. Outer-org classflexing is going to remain; however, we are changing the permission handling for this to cities rather than guilds at this time. Sorry for the confusion!
    Might not be decided yet, but would the lesson costs for switching change?

Like would it be 100 for org classes and 200 for outer-org flexing? (like covenants) Or just a flat 200
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 923 Fabled
    Ianir said:
    Not a problem @Ianir, thank you for clarifying this - muchly appreciated!
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,294 Fabled
    How wiil inner org classflexing work?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,102 Transcendent
    The same way I imagine, except you don't have to ask the guilds for permission and you will have the options to flex from the get go.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,294 Fabled
    If there are no guilds who gives permission though?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 5,288 Transcendent
    Tylwyth said:
    That's why you don't have to ask...
  • DylaraDylara Member Posts: 1,102 Transcendent
    Tylwyth said:
    Nobody, like I said, you will have the option from the beginning.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."
  • VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 849 Virtuoso
    It's automatic. Basically just think of it like now except every guild gives you permission automatically. They can't say no.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi Member Posts: 2,078 Transcendent
    What's going to happen with guild based emotes? Like, Aquas have one that explicitly has them making a bubble of water, Aeros have at least one invoking wind, etc.
2»