Lusternian AMA

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Will your name really be Dixin
    The playa you love to hate
  • Drakius said:
    Will your name really be Dixin
    It's on the table, ask again in 5 days.
  • @everyone - Guys, we messed up at Ascension. The Soulless are coming and we're pretty much doomed. How does your character spend their final day of existence?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ixion said:
    Heartstop and stay as a soul forever, tormenting people with lewd puns.

Joke's on you. I tried this once with Terentia and failed miserably.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Re Breandryn: Hanging out with her favourite people (ie demanding their attention) and finally telling off the people she never has but really wants to. Yes, she actually does hold a lot back, who knew?

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Breandryn said:
    @everyone - Guys, we messed up at Ascension. The Soulless are coming and we're pretty much doomed. How does your character spend their final day of existence?
    Final day of existence? To heck with that. There is historical precedent set for mortal ingenuity being able to overcome the Soulless. We might not be able to do it the same way as we did before, but there's no way Phoebus would just give up on looking for some way to save Lusternia because the Seal thing fell through.

Oh, and people can ask me questions if there's actually anything someone wants to hear about from me.
    Why is @Phoebus so dead set against alchohol?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    She hates the way she gets while drunk, and since she has basically zero tolerance, that means no drinking ever.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    She hates the way she gets while drunk, and since she has basically zero tolerance, that means no drinking ever.
    Can e-confirm this.

(Sylandra personally avoids alcohol because she doesn't want to embarrass Daraius, mainly.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sure, I will play too.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'll play.

Open question to the others in this. Your org blows up tomorrow and isn't coming back, ever.

Where do you relocate to in game (or choose to stay rogue) and why?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    I'll play.

Open question to the others in this. Your org blows up tomorrow and isn't coming back, ever.

I'm onto you. You are just looking for which org would give you the most new Mags.

My own answer: I think this answer would depend on a number of things like why and where halligods would go. But ideally, I would probably go back to Glom because I just enjoy the dark, but not taint, themes.
  • That depends on the circumstances around it blowing up, as well as a little bit of who gets to me first.
    I think I can safely say that it wouldn't be Glom and that Gaudi is unlikely as well.

@Karlach how would you say that becoming Karlach changed your character? 
  • Karlach said:
    I'll play.

I've been giving this a bit of thought lately, beyond flat out quitting the game (glom4lyfe) I likely would go back to Gaudiguch or explore my gem obsession in Hallifax.

An anyone question, if you had the chance to win TA, what would your name be? Would you have a theme in mind you might mold your newly transformed character around? If so, what would it be?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Karlach said:
    I'll play.

Phoebus would stubbornly start gathering a team to build a new floating sky fortress city, and relocate there. You didn't say a new city couldn't be built, just that the original wasn't coming back. ;) We can call it "Hallifax Mk. II" or something.

If technicalities aren't allowed, my answer is...well, I'd quit the game, so she would just go dormant as a rogue forever, I guess. I have no desire to play Phoebus anywhere but Hallifax, and having that choice taken from me by something beyond my own control would completely kill my desire to continue playing.
    Nelras said:
    That depends on the circumstances around it blowing up, as well as a little bit of who gets to me first.
    I think I can safely say that it wouldn't be Glom and that Gaudi is unlikely as well.

@Karlach how would you say that becoming Karlach changed your character? 

Karlach is less hot headed than Morkarion, certainly doesn't jump into things with the same emotional rashness where everything is done on the fly and purely on instinct. There's a more laid back and methodical aspect to his character, playing the long game and willing to accept short term losses, which would have infuriated Mork.

Also, unlike before violence isn't always the answer, diplomacy sometimes is worth trying first.

There's a shift in focus and purpose, something I actually struggled finding for the character when he first changed, and he and I both went through this weird phase of an identity crisis. Taking time away from him the last two years helped me come up with a more focused set of ideas.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Alright. For Breandryn's question: Pash doesn't believe in the end of the world, because of the multiverse thing, so she would probably treat that day no differently than any other day. Drauzgot would go hunting.

For Karlach's question: Pash would go to Serenwilde. She likes the trees a lot.

@Breandryn, have you made socks for every Divine active in the game?
    Karlach said:
    I'll play.

Shaddus would probably rogue it up until he could get unenemied to Hallifax.
    Karlach said:
    I'll play.

This is funny, but the orgs I always felt I'd most want to play in beyond Hallifax are Magnagora, Gaudiguch, and Glomdoring - so the ones Hallifax is not allied to at all, ha. I really enjoy the potential for RP in them, and think it'd be fun to write with their motifs in mind.

My character though would likely go where Daraius went, which I am guessing would be Celest. Which is cool too.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Til Sylandra doesn't know Daraius at all.  :D

I did not expect any interest in Dar questions or else I wouldn't have joined the game while at work. Answers coming soon, sorry!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Karlach said:
    I'll play.

The next place to Hallifax with a structured life, anti-taint and pleasant-enough people would be New Celest for Maligorn. That being said, it might just be a case of retire him if Hallifax really did blow up; it's pretty integral to his roleplay.

My counter question to you would be a two-parter

1). Why'd you leave Magnagora
    2). Why'd you leave Glomdoring to go back to Magnagora after getting TA there, establishing yourself, etc

Also, AMA.

• From an OOC mechanical/joke standpoint, Gaudiguch because I like being OP.

Proper answer would probably be Serenwilde, though Falmiis would always feel like an outsider. Maybe Celest or Gaudiguch. Magnagora and Glomdoring are definitely out. 
  • I'd be torn between moving Tamsin to Celest or Hallifax if Serenwilde disappeared. I've done them all before, and it would really depend on what's going on in her life at the time, not to mention my mood. I actually really enjoy Gaudi's atmosphere right now, just been too busy on Tam with certain things.

If the world were going to end with the Soulless, I can't imagine Tam would do much different, except maybe sulk a bit. With MKO so recently in the past, I have some experience with this, and mostly it just makes me withdraw a bit.

There is absolutely no way I will ever be a TA, so I don't bother to think about names or themes for it.
    Daraius said:

I did not expect any interest in Dar questions or else I wouldn't have joined the game while at work. Answers coming soon, sorry!
    Wait, where would he go?! I figured the childhood draw of Celest! :o So curious.

Daraius said:
    Falmiis said:
    Sylandra said:
    Daraius said:

Wait, where would he go?! I figured the childhood draw of Celest! :o So curious.

Obviously he'd become a hermit in the Tosha Monastery.
    Pff, dream bigger, Daraius. There's your chance to take the Shevats, no longer forced to be a lucidian family with the deletion of Hallifax, and establish a proper lobo pack somewhere.
    Maligorn said:

1). Why'd you leave Magnagora
    2). Why'd you leave Glomdoring to go back to Magnagora after getting TA there, establishing yourself, etc
    There's an OOC and IC set of answers to this, I'll stick to the IC because I want to keep this drama free.

Back when Mork was a wee nublet ur'Guard, the alliances were different. You had Glom/Gaudi/Celest and Halli-Seren-Mag in a not-an-alliance on/off situation of working together whenever it benefited.

This alliance setup was exceptionally one sided, and not in Magnagora's favour. Neither Morkarion (or I as a player) at the time were in much of a position to realistically do anything within the alliance to change it up.

Glomdoring had been publicly strained in their relationship, particularly with Celest, at the time after the whole Xynthin event and it seemed a good place to start again, and make more of an impact.

I've alluded to this a few times, but never actually fully revealed this before. But my whole goal was to move from Mag to Glom and really find ways to pick at the alliance to either unravel it or speed up the process, then subtly push for a move to team up Glom and Gaudiguch with Magnagora for the city's benefit, while isolating Celest and Eventru.

At the time I left Magnagora the only people who knew at all were Lavinya and Morgfyre, otherwise it was kept hidden from everyone, purely to avoid any risk of metagame, while everything was carried out ICly. Infact I've a log of my interaction with Morgfyre as I left Magnagora that I never posted publicly before. http://pastehtml.com/view/e7rrbtcom.html

So the crap in the Prison, the fighting in Lirangsha, the other points of bickering and drama? It was all just to split up Celest, admittedly I got inspiration from other people within Glomdoring already pushing for the same thing, and support and encouragement to do it. But that was the whole reason behind the move, and Morkarion stayed there to keep the peace.

The reason Karlach went back to Magnagora is heavily OOCly motivated, and reasons I'm not going into here. But there always felt like my time in Magnagora was an unfinished chapter, there was so much to do and to accomplish that I never did in my inexperienced youth, that I had to go back and do it properly. For Karlach it was being impressed at how Rideta was transforming the city in a positive aspect, and really pushing to bring Magnagora back to relevancy and not being the snickering joke of the basin, part of it was coming back to hearing what happened when he missed and the need to correct his own sister's failure, and a big part was because of the way Karlach is focused now, especially regarding the best way to combat the soulless, he truly believes a "by any means necessary" aspect to problem solving is the only way mortals will win in the end, and the only organisation willing to embrace methods that others would be put off by is Magnagora.

And the rest was because @Thax turned up.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I will join the sandbox for a bit.

If Hallifax blew up, Zyphora would likely go wherever @Irillia and/or @Isune went. Maybe New Celest since Isune has a history there, it's not tainted, and I've never been great at playing forestals.

@Phoebus, when you founded the Skyplume family, what was your rationale behind choosing Windwhisper as the historical family over the others?

• Have any of you altaholics ended up actually becoming your own grandpa?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."