Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ordassa said:
    do all/have any divines watched what characters get up to in private in manses? (esp .when they do the funky monkey)
    The rest of us watch you with Ribbachi and dogs.

We know, Ordassa. We know all of it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ordassa said:
    do all/have any divines watched what characters get up to in private in manses? (esp .when they do the funky monkey)
    The rest of us watch you with Ribbachi and dogs.

We know, Ordassa. We know all of it.
    D: voyuers!
  • @Isune Why is your previous incarnation called Oldsune, when WASsune is a much better name for someone who WAS ISune.

...it says ANYTHING in the name of the thread.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So, I know the admin have a wiki only they have access to, and presumably characters can have admin notes attached, but how extensive are those notes usually? Can players request certain information be added to them or are they generally only for rule infractions and mechanics? And do the admin generally consult those first, or do you need to rely on forums logs and ooc pikes to get an idea of what Your elder should know/care about for a given person?
  • That entirely depends on what sort of notes you're talking about, @Luce. :) If you're talking about administrative notes on a more account-wide level, this isn't really something we can comment on.

But in terms of notes we keep on our order or city/commune members, it varies depending on the patron. Some of us keep very extensive logs of interactions with players, notes on what they have said to us, everything you can think of that we need to know. We may keep this on our administrative wiki or to ourselves. We have people who like to meticulously track and research things, and people who like to do stuff on the fly - which is awesome! The diversity of style is one of the reasons you get a great variety of interactions amongst the Gods.

If you want your patron(s) to know something about you, I would suggest your first port of call should be showing them it through your roleplay. You don't need to flat out tell us something in words to show us it, and you may get a lot more enjoyment out of finding ways to show us through your emotes what you want to convey than by just telling us.

As a last resort you could send them a message (which will be OOC) letting them know, but do not necessarily expect any acknowledgement of that, as we vary in our stances on such things - some of us are happy to be contacted OOC and some prefer not to.

If you are wanting to notify the Havens of something on an administrative level, you probably need to ISSUE ME.
  • @Tirah That was a moniker that came up along the way and now it's just stuck! Maybe it was something the others have/had become accustomed to because of how many previous Isunes there were... I'm not sure :)

@Luce For Orders: sometimes when an admin is stepping down, they will have special notes on certain members to help the seamless RP with the more veteran members. And in some cases where notes are not available, we do take to forums at times! ;)

And basically everything Czixi said.  B)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Okay, here's a question for all gods.

How do our smobs measure up to Elders? Are they just as wimpy as mortals in terms of power level? I'm gonna throw some hypotheticals at you.

Fain of the 1st vs the 5 Holy Supernals on Celestia

Terentia of the 2nd vs the 12 Master Crystals on the Continuum

Jadice of the 3rd vs the Avatars of Night on Ethereal Glomdoring

Just for clarity I put the name, circle, smob grouping and battleground, essentially, if those would make any difference in particular.

• You leap into the air and launch a flying kick at [REDACTED].
    You connect!
    [REDACTED] is so beneath your contempt that you cannot bother to expend the energy on it.
    @Maligorn Everything is beneath our contempt! ;)
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The Gods are now part of Epic Rap Battles, and are all making digs at each other. Which one of you would win?
  • Selenity said:
    The Gods are now part of Epic Rap Battles, and are all making digs at each other. Which one of you would win?
    Dro.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Luce said:
    Really? You'd think Nocht would be able to cast some shade.

*duck*

• Weiwae said:

Judge Judy vs those girls from The Craft

But Judge Judy is retired, and just an adjudicator now for TV for small claims, iirc. What are you implying Jadice with this comparison, Weiwae?

On a more serious note - Why haven't the gods restored the landscape that was destroyed during the various battles with Soulless, why isn't the planet of Lusternia full of life now that the Wars are over? Or do the gods not have the power for such?
  • My bad, I would like to blame auto-correct but Ruth Bader Ginsburg doesn't look anything at all like Judge Judy.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Weiwae said:

Judge Judy vs those girls from The Craft

But Judge Judy is retired, and just an adjudicator now for TV for small claims, iirc. What are you implying Jadice with this comparison, Weiwae?

On a more serious note - Why haven't the gods restored the landscape that was destroyed during the various battles with Soulless, why isn't the planet of Lusternia full of life now that the Wars are over? Or do the gods not have the power for such?
    It's all about the ley lines. Aka where the nexus of power are.
  • Ayisdra said:

I think it depends on what you mean here, right? Like, can the Gods restore the Blasted Lands? Probably not, given that it is a place that has been so thoroughly saturated by the Taint. Something like the Tar Pits? Probably, but as much as the place is in constant threat of the Slaghora'ruin, there are people actively defending the land against it and trying to restore the land themselves; there isn't any reason to do it themselves. Other places? The more Nature-based Gods might think that some of these places have developed their own ecologies in consequence to the events that have happened, and it isn't necessary to disrupt them by trying to "restore" them. 
  • Selenity said:

Can we make ERB a thing here?
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Hoaracle said:
    Ayisdra said:

I think it depends on what you mean here, right? Like, can the Gods restore the Blasted Lands? Probably not, given that it is a place that has been so thoroughly saturated by the Taint. Something like the Tar Pits? Probably, but as much as the place is in constant threat of the Slaghora'ruin, there are people actively defending the land against it and trying to restore the land themselves; there isn't any reason to do it themselves. Other places? The more Nature-based Gods might think that some of these places have developed their own ecologies in consequence to the events that have happened, and it isn't necessary to disrupt them by trying to "restore" them. 
    What about regions that had their Hearthstone used as a weapon by il'Garala?

@AllGods:

Have you ever seen a designed food or drink recipe that made you actually want to eat/drink it irl, or maybe just make it ingame and try it out?

@Ianir: I believe you mentioned Planescape: Torment in an earlier post. What's your favorite alignment/ class to finish the game with?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking of "Can you really eat.." what's the one design (food or otherwise) that made you 'Nope. Nope! NOPE!' the hardest?
  • Shaddus said:
    @AllGods:

Have you ever seen a designed food or drink recipe that made you actually want to eat/drink it irl, or maybe just make it ingame and try it out?

@Ianir: I believe you mentioned Planescape: Torment in an earlier post. What's your favorite alignment/ class to finish the game with?
    Answering in opposite order. Thief, and I somehow always ended up CN or CG. I guess second choice would be fighter, in which case, I always either somehow ended up as CN or LE.

As for recipes, I actually haven't come across anything that's screamed "make this" at me. There's a lot I've seen I've made, but not because of the game really. If I come across a recipe in the future that fits that criteria though, I'll probably let everybody know and take pictures or something.

Luce said:
    Speaking of "Can you really eat.." what's the one design (food or otherwise) that made you 'Nope. Nope! NOPE!' the hardest?
    "a large, greasy platter of bacon" and every variation thereof. Don't get me wrong, I like bacon, but no.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Luce said:
    I recall a design where the suit/shirt/something was skinned from an animal with guts, blood and offal still attached... I think it was a very freshly killed cat suit?
    @AllGods: show us an Item in your inventory that isnt an in-character item, something you or another God made.

@Charune: welcome back! I understand your event had a half-formed that was supposedly calling out to the Nekotai/Ninjakari, though I may have misunderstood. If that's true, was there another way your return event could have gone?

@Estarra: often after an event, we hear that we had several options as to how it goes, but we didn't always know it at the time of the event. How often have you had to come up with something on the fly because an event went sideways?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes, @Charune, I'd love to hear some behind-the-scenes stuff on the latest event!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.