Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
    Ianir said:
    Thax said:

"bastard236875"                         a dirty old bastard sword

Best public forging design ever. I think that one is Rancoura's if I remember correctly.

Wha? I have no memory of designing that!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Just looked it up, it was Ragniliff. Sorry, the Glom-based R names catch me up.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ragniliff also made a knuckle sandwich.
  • Charune said:
    Shaddus said:
    @AllGods: show us an Item in your inventory that isnt an in-character item, something you or another God made.

@Charune: welcome back! I understand your event had a half-formed that was supposedly calling out to the Nekotai/Ninjakari, though I may have misunderstood. If that's true, was there another way your return event could have gone?

Everiine said:
    Yes, @Charune, I'd love to hear some behind-the-scenes stuff on the latest event!

For the item question, I won't give specifics, but I will say there is a certain saddle in my inventory one of the older incarnations made has raised a lot of questions I really do not want answers to.

The Nekotai/Ninjakari thing is actually a coincidence, and a lot of mages would have seen those messages too; those messages were sent to all psionics users. The basics of the event were actually written in stone, from the half-formed being psionic to the very basics of its origin story to the destruction of the tree (because Charune + Lisaera is not an OTP), but everything else during the event from the event, including the visions, was actually improved on the spot and could have gone another way if I was sufficiently inspired or somebody made a suggestion.

My goal originally was to do a lot more of 'show, not tell' with the psionics and actually try to evoke emotion in players, and those who saw the small little fawn turning to stone when Xarriv was starting to turn cantankerous experienced that a bit. I actually do regret not doing this more, but I stopped for two reasons: one, they're quite emotionally draining to write and actually affected me mentally a bit; and two, I overheard a player during the event saying the emote actually made them cry (sorry!) and that's really not my goal.

As for Selenity's question, that was actually a case of inspiration. I like interjecting some levity into rough situations as it gives people a chance to refresh a bit and makes the situation feel more... real. I'm not sure I do it well, but I digress. One of the other members of Team Serenwilde actually popped in after I made the tree puff out some black psionic mist mixed with some silvery essence, and mentioned the text made them think of a certain illicit drug. That got me thinking, and I figured sitting there breathing the stuff in would have interesting effects. Long story short, I've already apologised to the Charites for any pickled carrot and gouda sandwiches that pass through their queue.

Honestly, it was fun. If I had to go back and do it again, I'd plan a lot more ahead of time and try to not write all the plane/area/room emotes for the final section of the release in 40 minutes. It ended up just feeling pretty abrupt because I was trying to time it for a certain part of the day and I just didn't prepare enough. I do have to thank Team Serenwilde and everybody up in the havens because they are a constant source of input, inspiration, and pulling me out of the frying pan when I don't know what to do. I'd also like to thank everybody on the player side who participated in the event, because let's be honest, you all made it what it is... And watching you all fumble over the prophesy for two hours might have left me in tears from laughter. <3
    If it was me, don't take it too seriously. Them baby-growin' hormones...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ianir said:
    Thax said:

"bastard236875"                         a dirty old bastard sword

Best public forging design ever.
    <3

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @AllTheGods

If your Divine could join one of the families of Lusternia -- as a member of that family, not their divine patron, I mean getting the family name as part of their title at everything -- which family would your divine join?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Is it easier if you use them during OOC interactions too? I know @Isune (who is awesome and patient, if I haven't mentioned lately) tends to drop them when doing Patron stuff with me.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:
    Is it easier if you use them during OOC interactions too? I know @Isune (who is awesome and patient, if I haven't mentioned lately) tends to drop them when doing Patron stuff with me.
    Not that I have experience with it, but I imagine once you're ingrained enough in the Havens culture, it's just something you do unconsciously (and perhaps have to awkwardly explain away if you do it while real-world texting, etc.)

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I did once catch a Divine capitalize a pronoun when referring to a mortal :#. I can't even remember who it was, so couldn't even tattle if I wanted to!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• It's definitely something that can be hard to switch out of if you've been doing it for a long period - or if you're there both as yourself and as a mobile simultaneously. Whether we use them during patron stuff or not is a personal preference thing.
  • Would be more embarrassing if you got super used to doing it and t hen later on stopped being a Divine
  • I always mess up the pronouns. and then when I remember, I'll end up using it for a mortal or mobs... Thanks for reminding me of my shame.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @AllGods and @AllMortals: sum up your character's outlook on life or philosophy in one sentence.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Thax Did someone point out that your half-formed mount hadn't actually died, or did you realize that on your own after almost everyone had left it behind?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    To all Divine:

What is one single word you would use to describe your character?

• Simple 
  • Burdened.
  • Elsewhere.
  • Proud. 
  • Wise
  • All Divine: What is your favorite part of doing events, either something in the planning stage or in the actual happening? From that, what is one event that you wish turned out different because of what could have happened as a result?