Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2017
    @anyone who knows the answer: Would Tosha Monastery really have been destroyed if we hadn't paid to save it?  :#
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Yes.
  • Daraius said:
    @anyone who knows the answer: Would Tosha Monastery really have been destroyed if we hadn't paid to save it?  :#
    Some of us were hoping nobody would save it, so we could destroy it...  We were a bit surprised by the outcome.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Monsters! Good thing I was logged in that day.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Is it possible the Observatory could return? I was bummed to see that one go.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Do active Divine get a sort of notification when someone enters their Fulcrux? Are they able to hear/see emotes remotely (or some recording of such when they login)?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I too enjoyed that quest! Still one of my favorites.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Xenthos @Everiine omg, yes exactly!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Oh, jeez, I just ran out of the village when that happened. The assassin didn't chase outside the borders and yelled some kind of threat once I got away.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    Oh, jeez, I just ran out of the village when that happened. The assassin didn't chase outside the borders and yelled some kind of threat once I got away.
    I actually tried that in an earlier iteration and it chased me out of the village down the highway and killed me on the Gloriana bridge.

They must have changed the chasing-out-of-village later.
  • To be fair, Xenthos is old
  • Drocilla said:

I can't tell. Is the top of that dress blue or gold?  >:)
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • No need for specifics, but how common is it for a new admin to take a role in the org they played primarily as a player vs a different org?
  • Shedrin said:
    No need for specifics, but how common is it for a new admin to take a role in the org they played primarily as a player vs a different org?
    Hmm. From the top of my head, it isn't actually too common. The god-choosing process is more based on what the incoming ephemeral/admin is interested to portray in terms of personality and less about the organization the role is associated with. 
  • Related to the one before. Is there ever a case of "Where should we put that god" (If yes, does the person playing it have any say in it?) or is it already predetermined for all the gods we may ever get?
  • Just to clarify, are you talking about placement of godroles or the admin behind them? 
  • From the above questions, a year or so ago, Jadice spoke of quitting hallifax if the city allied with Mysrai's city. So, is it possible for a god to change orgs? Could say Thax, for example, go Hallifax if he really wanted to?

• Yomoigu said:
    Just to clarify, are you talking about placement of godroles or the admin behind them? 
    I mean if there is a new god, and it is not one that has obvious connections to a certain org, can the admin behind it decide where he goes or is there already a list of where every god would go, is someone starts playing them? Or does Estarra/Someone decide it then?
  • That is pretty cool then, that you are given quite a bit of creative freedom on that matter!
  • @Ayisdra A lot of where a god goes thematically, the role, is left to Estarra. As @Yomoigu mentions, he moulded his role specific to Gaudiguch and based on that was placed there, but in the end Estarra would need to be on board with any major shift in alliances.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    On the flip side of that question: if an org does something that one of their elders disagreed with heavily  (such as the above allying with Gaudiguch), and said God rained down fire and brimstone upon the unruly mob, is it actually possible to remove a divine from the city, or would Estarra jump in and put the kibosh on that?

Could Hallifax have mechanically removed Sciomore, dreamworld or not?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.