Guild Overhaul Preview 2: Faction Requests

IanirIanir Administrator, Moderator Posts: 400 Creator

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Tales from the Testguild. Today, we have an amazing tale for you of survival, heroism, and Gods. That's right, we're looking at the Patron Request system.

Let's skip forward in time. Bill and Ted have long since moved on, and there's a new leader of the guild in town named Wilson.

Wilson loves the theme of Testguild, but for some reason, his guild's hall is a raft out in the middle of the Sea of Despair, and for some reason has no connection to an actual city. As Wilson often finds himself without a waterwalk enchantment and can't swim, and he is now the guild's leader, he feels the should petition his city's patrons for an addition to his raft guildhall that connects it to Magnagora.

But how does he do that, you might ask? Well, he finds that he has the ability to use the command GUILD REQUEST. This is a very versatile system that not only keeps records of what the guild has purchased and received in the past, but takes the stress out of asking for patron assistance and keeps you updated as things progress. Of course, he is not required to use this for all patron issues, but why wouldn't he if it's there?

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 90915 PMpng

So, he creates a new patron request and gives it a summary of what he wants.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 91707 PMpng

At this point, there's nothing to do for Wilson but to wait. And wait. And eventually, he receives a response in the form of a comment. And he responds.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 92703 PMpng

At this point, the patron is free to set costs and approve the request. Wilson, as he is responsible, immediately reviews the new costs and finds them reasonable. He also notices an obvious typo in the testing code that nobody's never noticed before and BUGs it.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 93300 PMpng

Well, given that cost, he acquires the fees requested and pays them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 93637 PMpng

Well, now there's nothing for Wilson but to be patient. And wait. And finally...

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 94304 PMpng

Well, Wilson never specified anything but 'not water'. Where else lacks more water than the heart of Brother Sun?

Join us next time where we look into the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Security, the new ministries in each city and commune.

Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
Post edited by Ianir on

Comments

• SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,666 Mythical

yaaaaaas :D

Would the city/commune level one be visible to the council or just the CL? Asking for a friend who has like a few ideas >_>
  • TamsinTamsin Member Posts: 134 Master
    Looks great. My only hope is that it notifies the patron when a new request goes in, so that it's a bit harder to get overlooked.
  • IanirIanir Administrator, Moderator Posts: 400 Creator
    Saran said:
    yaaaaaas :D

Would the city/commune level one be visible to the council or just the CL? Asking for a friend who has like a few ideas >_>
    Undecided yet, but we'll consider it.

Tamsin said:
    Looks great. My only hope is that it notifies the patron when a new request goes in, so that it's a bit harder to get overlooked.
    I obviously can't show the full admin side, but I will say all parties involved are updated (on-screen if online, message if not) any time there's an update, both on the mortal and immortal side.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • OrventaOrventa Member Posts: 576 Mythical
    edited February 21
    [Redacted] Move along nothing to see here.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • NaylNayl Member Posts: 78 Capable
    Much of the awesomes.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • LavinyaLavinya Former Queen of Snark AustraliaMember Posts: 3,354 Transcendent
    Breandryn said:
    Two features that would be nice:

Watch: lets you let in another org member to watch the updates (e.g. a secretary who is helping)

Contact/transfer: lets you set the main contact as someone else. Org leaders delegate!
    Maybe in a similar manner to how projects can be assigned? I've never been CL but I've done quite a bit coordinating with our divine for Mag things, so definitely something to consider!

• KarsavKarsav Member Posts: 13 Novice
    Ianir said:
    I obviously can't show the full admin side, but I will say all parties involved are updated (on-screen if online, message if not) any time there's an update, both on the mortal and immortal side.
    Should send a message regardless. It's super easy to miss an onscreen warning if it comes while you're AFK or in the middle of something spammy. Messages are a lot more reliable. 
  • ShaddusShaddus His Imperial Altness Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,620 Transcendent
    A way for guild faction members above a certain rank to at least see what their leader is asking for would be cool.
    2017/04/23 00:29:14 - Nefara honoured Shaddus for: For his dedication to the Earthen Lords and Lady, 
    and willingness to assist our young Pupils. Despite his choosing to not progress himself further, he 
    still works for the Geomancers, and the Engine, in any way he is capable. Also comes with a healthy 
    dose of rebellion, to ensure us of the Council can not be too relaxed.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,666 Mythical
    Shaddus said:
    A way for guild faction members above a certain rank to at least see what their leader is asking for would be cool.
    Disagreeing just because a lot of these things can be ooc and lead into neat events for factions, it's not something I'd feel comfortable with a group, even all the "gr19"s, having access to outside of appointed positions.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen CanadaMember Posts: 1,322 Transcendent
    This is looking absolutely great. Thank you, @Ianir, and everyone else working so hard on these new systems!
    Tonight amidst the mountaintops   
    And endless starless night   
    Singing how the wind was lost   
    Before an earthly flight
  • SthaiSthai Member Posts: 36 Adept
    Maybe a way to tag secret and public requests if we want to allow GMs to plot in sekrit with their patrons.
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,480 Fabled
    Rancoura said:
    This is looking absolutely great. Thank you, @Ianir, and everyone else working so hard on these new systems!
    Yes, mucho gracias!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ReylariReylari Member Posts: 367 Fabled
    edited February 28
    Tylwyth said:
    Rancoura said:
    Yes, mucho gracias!
    muchas gracias*  :s
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,480 Fabled
    macho gracias?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 829 Fabled

I could see the patron not wanting the CL to assign to them a person to work with, perhaps the patron can have the ability to set a person other than the CL to work with and who else, if any, can monitor? However, it is important that the system allow those other than the CL to sometimes use it, a prime example is that of Festivals which often have a coordinator or two other than the CL.

There should be a way to hide requests from general view (assuming something like the city council will normally be able to view these) for example, I'm working on something that I wish to only work with the patron and one other person with. Along the lines of what Saran wrote, I would like this to become an event and in that case I would like people to be able to participate without having forknowledge of the event.

Maybe it would be helpful for the Patron to be able to reassign these to other admin (eph other god)?

You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."