Firstaid is obviously not great, but with a few tweaks it can become a useful band-aid system until true server-side can be coded. This would allow players like newbies and those on phones to have basic curing to participate a bit more in combat from the get-go.
- Move firstaid and curing to inept level, so every player gets this out of the gate.
- Consider consolidating curing and firstaid into one skill or a config/help file for easier reference
- Add a command FIRSTAID AUTOCURE to enable firstaid autocuring
- When autocure is active, have the game automatically do FIRSTAID ADD <affliction> when a player receives the message YOU HAVE BEEN AFFLICTED WITH <affliction>
- When autocure is active, have the game automatically do FIRSTAID REMOVE <affliction> when a player receives the message YOU HAVE CURED <affliction>
- When autocure is active, ideally suppress all the firstaid echoes (very spammy) or have a new command FIRSTAID MSGS ON/OFF
- Currently CURING ON/OFF will cause an aeon command delay. This means you cannot disable autosipping while in aeon and the sipper gets you trapped in an aeon loop by repeatedly trying to sip. Changing this to not trigger the aeon delay will let people use the game's sipper, which they can then disable for aeon curing (aeon curing is a bit more complex, so I wouldn't expect this bandaid system to handle it).
These are not many changes, but they would allow people to run a rudimentary curing system in game with almost no setup needed, which would help get more people into PK and make the curing elements of the game seem less daunting to new players.