Today, I would like to go over the new ministry changes to cities and communes. Now, this preview is taking a bit of a turn from the previous previews because ministries are so bloody dull, but I figured you all would appreciate an update anyway.
So, let's start off with what we're getting rid of. This is the most blatant one, as we are removing the position of Ambassador. This position has always been a bit of a weird one; it contains both the newbie handling powers and the enemy status powers that are important to the organisation, while being entirely inept at both (e.g. has no collegium influence to help newbies out or no tools to actually assist newbies, and has no ability to manage statuses despite being the only way to see a diplomacy summary). As well, because of the name, it was also encouraged to act politically despite having zero power to do so and often being hindered by their own organisations.
In this vein, we have split this into two separate ministries: the Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Security. Both of these have -massively- had their powers expanded, and several guild powers have been moved into them. So, rather than trying to bundle them up, let's go into each of them, starting with the Ministry of Education.
The Ministry of Education has been set up to be the end-all-be-all of helping the organisation's novices. Collegium powers have been moved from the guild to this ministry, and the minister will act as the chancellor while the aides act as professors.
The following is available to all collegium professors/ministry aides:
- Can view the collegium status, score, skills, inventory, and rift of any student in the collegium or any org member below level 30. (The score, skills, inventory, and rift commands still work for guild as normal).
- Can speak on CGTS.
- Show up in CGWHO as a Professor.
- Can edit CGHELP files.
The following is available to the Minister of Education/Collegium Chancellor:
- All aide privileges.
- The ability to withdraw funds from the ministry account for the purpose of outfitting novices and engagement thereof.
The Ministry of Security has been set up to replace the Security/Champion structure guilds have had. This ministry has wide-reaching consequences to it, but we wished to ensure it had enough flexibility that orgs could decide how to use it themselves.
The following is available to all aides to the Ministry of Security:
- Ability to BRAND individuals as an enemy or ally of your organisation.
- Ability to use all relevant Diplomacy commands to your organisation, including DIPLOMACY SUMMARY.
- Ability to manage guards of all types. This may change in the future, as further refactoring to guards is required at this time.
- Ability to use all nexus discretionaries regardless of class.
The following is available to the Minister of Security:
- All aide privileges.
- The ability to withdraw funds from the ministry account for the purpose of maintaining defensive constructs (e.g. statues, monoliths, et cetera).
Join us next time when we talk about whatever I actually code next. Hopefully I'll have some jokes then too.
Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.