Guild Overhaul Preview 3: New Org Ministries -or- I couldn't make this one amusing

2»

Comments

• VeyilsVeyils Member Posts: 1,442 Mythical
    Karlach said:
    Would rather everyone be on the same basic foot and accept GC arty bonuses as outliers we can be rid of.

WTB no karma loss for MoD members tho  (yes I called it the ministry of defence, security sounds weird.)

You should call it ministry of war.
  • FylerFyler Member Posts: 598 Mythical
    edited February 27
    I think deleting champ arties is A-OK and best for the health of the game.

That being said, bummer on deleting champs from the guilds though. I always thought having a PKer in guild leadership brought an interesting dynamic to things. 
    Post edited by Fyler on
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • AeldraAeldra Member Posts: 974 Mythical
    Fyler said:

That being said, bummer on deleting champs from the guilds though. I always thought having a PKer in guild leadership brought an interesting dynamic to things. 
    Yes and people had an ingame way to know who would probably would be a good advisor on their guilds combat matters while they were still newbs. I kind of liked champion too, but I also see it would've been a struggle to fit them into the new concept ( though not impossible ).
    Avatar / Picture done by Xeii. Wheeeeee 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen CanadaMember Posts: 1,330 Transcendent
    Aeldra said:
    Fyler said:

Yes and people had an ingame way to know who would probably would be a good advisor on their guilds combat matters while they were still newbs. I kind of liked champion too, but I also see it would've been a struggle to fit them into the new concept ( though not impossible ).
    If we're getting customizable positions with customizable powers, though, hopefully factions will still designate combat leaders if it fits with their theme.
    Tonight amidst the mountaintops   
    And endless starless night   
    Singing how the wind was lost   
    Before an earthly flight
    The past few comments made me think. I'm kind of curious about how customisable these powers are. Are we just talking administration stuff or are we talking like mechanically beneficial bits and bobs like I could request an instant teleport to a faction member? Or like could I ask for a guardian style position which has like a faction based aegis/banner power built into it?

• IsuneIsune Gods Posts: 438 Divine
    The answer to this was discussed in more depth here: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2937/guild-overhaul-preview-1-meet-your-guild/p1

Each faction will be permitted a certain number of positions that they can invest or imbue with a set list of powers. From there they can appoint (like in a clan) as many people they might want to any given number of positions. Ianir also listed the current powers available for investing.
    Im not seeing a list of powers in that thread?
  • WeiwaeWeiwae Member, Gods Posts: 443 Divine
    Veyils said:
    Im not seeing a list of powers in that thread?
    Ianir said:
    Shaddus said:
    Is this basically turning Secretary and Security into paths, and you can be one but not the other?
    Not quite. Paths are the alternate rank names. Positions, which are replacing Secretary and Security and such, are replacing them instead. Each guild will start with 1-2 (at each org's administration's discretion) though there can be up to 5, and privileges can be imbued into them.

The following is not a final list of privileges imbuable (is that a word?), but here is what we have currently for positions and ranks. These are, until release (and potentially even after release) subject to change.

POSITION <ADDPERM|REMOVEPERM> <1-5> <ghelp|gts|harvestlog|harvestgrant|harvest|archivist|gmembers|inguild|outguild|title|writenews|memberinfo|bank|message|diplomacy|ledger|promote>

RANK SETPERM <0-max> <gts|gmembers|title|writenews|memberinfo|promote|diplomacy|inguild> (sets a minimum rank for the privilege, with 0 disabling it from the rank system altogether)

Ah so just admin ones in the list. No special powers. Thanks.
  • SaranSaran Member Posts: 1,687 Mythical
    Rancoura said:
    Aeldra said:
    Fyler said:

If we're getting customizable positions with customizable powers, though, hopefully factions will still designate combat leaders if it fits with their theme.
    I'm really hoping at least one position in one of the factions that is contested through duels
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,487 Fabled
    Karlach said:
    Shuck for everyone.

No.
     Yes. There is one pet for each org which one person can summon. By default this would be the Security Minister, but he can assign it with a Ministry Ledger Assign Pet to <player> command or something. Would be no more broken than they already are.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,487 Fabled
    Also, uh:
    - Can speak on CGTS.

Has been less used that rescue. Not really what's it's point is?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• IsuneIsune Gods Posts: 438 Divine
    Hopefully, with the new change, it should facilitate easier real-time communications between the Minister of Education and his/her aides without requiring a clan, yet keep the discussion private from the college students.
  • SteingrimSteingrim Member Posts: 830 Fabled

I would suggest moving the Power Ministers purview of manse privs and even hookups to security. With Aides not having the power to hook up manses or disconnect them, but also having the ability to check perms. I know there's an argument for keeping this with the Power Minister, but it is a security issue far more than a power one.

I also would much rather see harvesting flesh/gems under Security...it needs to be centralized to avoid factions bitching at each other and trying to impose different requirements/reserves/minimums/etc.

You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
    Honestly, power minister is already a type of security officer and probably should be rolled into the new security minister.
    You tell Wyrden Ravager Tarken, "Come to Gaudiguch. I'll give you the title of Grand Moth."
    Eyes peering skywards as he thinks, Ironbeard the Magnanimous says to Sksez, "Welll, on my gooD lis *hic* t, we have....Stei *hic* ng *hic* rim.U..Xypherv....Luu *hic* hghaigh *hic* hhe....Breandryn....."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman Member Posts: 4,384 Transcendent
    In that sense Steward/Treasurer and Trade are too so... 

You don't really want to have one ministry to rule them all, that negates the point of delegating powers to ministers and their aides in the first place. 
    How do you get from adding one ministry and removing one to combining them all?

The same way you got Power Minister being a "type of security officer". Treasurer/Steward  and Chancellor are in a similar sense "security positions". That'd be one overloaded ministry. 
    You're being overly pedantic. What's next claiming I am arguing that they should all be combined because they're of the set ministers?

The Power Minister's role of policing manses is actually border patrol which in every other aspect will be overseen by the Ministry of Security.

The aides of the Minister of Power exist largely to tell people what power they've added and to unblock citizens. Arguably those have been held by novice aides and guild security aides anyways and having most if not nearly all the overlap could easily fit in either of the two new ministries.

My preference would be for Education to be able to power unblock, Security to power block and unblock. Both to see powerlog as well as all citizens CR5.

Steward and Treasurer are separate for reasons I assume you know. Neither role exist to police outsiders or the general citizenry. 

There is one Ministry to Rule them All, that ministry is called the City Leader.

Steingrim said:

There is one Ministry to Rule them All, that ministry is called the City Leader.

Enyalida said:
    that negates the point of delegating powers to ministers and their aides in the first place. 

Enyalida said:
    Steingrim said:

Enyalida said: 
    that negates the point of delegating powers to ministers and their aides in the first place. 

In the same way that aides have ministers, ministers have CLs and CLs have councils. Delegation rarely is complete and total. 
  • BreandrynBreandryn Member Posts: 1,521 Transcendent
    Have you guys considered (maybe down the road) adding Ambassador back in, but as an actual political role? Lusternia has a very intricate political system, and that role could appeal to the more Machivellian, Game-of-Thrones type of gameplay. 

Example powers:

- Treaties (or declarations of hostility) between nations
    - Village oversight, maybe even an ability to trade or shift control of villages between nations
    - Wheeling and dealing with families (also maybe update families >_>)
    - Maybe stuff relating to guild/city relations (depending on what factions look like)

2»