The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Though I appreciate Your willingness to take that first step, @Fyler, should We not consider the dangers of pointing fingers in the dark? How can You be sure I am indeed a Traitor and not Anyone Whose skills may aid Us in Our fight against the Soulless?
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I am suddenly getting Book of Igaso vibes from this thread.
  • Scum guys had better get a mask to show off after lynch.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would not be surprised to learn that it's not so black and white as traitors vs the rest. Silvanus is a bit of an evil genius in that regard, where learning identity may not necessarily reveal alliance. Which by the same token makes our job even harder to do. Very curious to learn more as the game goes on as to what he has cooked up.

• With the Elder Wars theme and a game this large, I wonder how many sides there are to this conflict. Is it straight Elders v. Soulless or could there be a triangle between the Elders v. Soulless v. Traitors? 
  • This conversation has got a few people on my List of Suspicious People already.
  • Yomoigu said:
    With the Elder Wars theme and a game this large, I wonder how many sides there are to this conflict. Is it straight Elders v. Soulless or could there be a triangle between the Elders v. Soulless v. Traitors? 
    My guess would be Elders vs. Soulless, with an SK traitor (or other third party) in the mix.
  • Yomoigu said:
    With the Elder Wars theme and a game this large, I wonder how many sides there are to this conflict. Is it straight Elders v. Soulless or could there be a triangle between the Elders v. Soulless v. Traitors? 
    Ssaliss said:
    Yomoigu said:
    My guess would be Elders vs. Soulless, with an SK traitor (or other third party) in the mix.
    I don't know. In a game this size, and the theme of the Elder Wars, I would be really surprised if traitors weren't a cult passing around Fain's elixir like it was candy and they lived in a van.

Personally, I'm going to keep my eyes out for a 4th and maybe even 5th party, with 20 players.  Also, I'd be suspicious of claims of neutrality.
  • Silvanus said:

Note: I had to play a little bit with the timeline, so some things may have happened which didn't, and some things that didn't happen may have.

Does this mean we can't trust teams based on name? I really hope not.
  • Weiwae said:
    Yomoigu said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Yomoigu said:
    I don't know. In a game this size, and the theme of the Elder Wars, I would be really surprised if traitors weren't a cult passing around Fain's elixir like it was candy and they lived in a van.

Personally, I'm going to keep my eyes out for a 4th and maybe even 5th party, with 20 players.  Also, I'd be suspicious of claims of neutrality.
    By third party, I mean someone who isn't part of town or scum. So if there were both an SK and a survivor, they'd both be third party. And yeah, odds are there is a survivor around (although I can't pin a name on it at this point).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Zvoltz is pretty hard to kill, I would not be surprised if he was a survivor, ha.

• Hmm, so what does everyone think?  Follow Fyler and lynch Xeii, lynch someone else or lynch nobody?

I am tempted to follow Fyler's path, but at the same time I would regret it if they were town.
  • I truly hope that Fyler's path was not intended to be a destructive one. Yet what He proposes would strip Us of One able of body and sharp of eye, One Who has pledged to keep Our comrades safe from the ravages of the Soulless at all costs. I ask You all--do not spurn My will, and My pain. I wish only to help.

• In a game this size, I would not put it passed that there would be a Cult. We must be ever vigilant, the Soulless are our main threat but we must not discount an internal one. I have no proof either way, but will remain watchful.

(I typically check forums on my phone, so during the work day I may not be as attentive of the thread)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    As others have said, don't think anyone should be expecting a black and white game. Los Alamos game included Sylandra's individual tasks, potential for Ieptix to construct a bomb if the game went on long enough, and the 'Red Scare' event.

It's likely safe to say that we can expect some curveballs.
  • Xeii said:
    Though I appreciate Your willingness to take that first step, @Fyler, should We not consider the dangers of pointing fingers in the dark? How can You be sure I am indeed a Traitor and not Anyone Whose skills may aid Us in Our fight against the Soulless?
    So this is actually kind of funny phrasing. The town win condition is vs the Soulless. By voting for you isn't Fyler accusing you of being Soulless and not a Traitor? Why think that they're accusing you of being a traitor?
  • Othero said:
    Xeii said:
    Though I appreciate Your willingness to take that first step, @Fyler, should We not consider the dangers of pointing fingers in the dark? How can You be sure I am indeed a Traitor and not Anyone Whose skills may aid Us in Our fight against the Soulless?
    So this is actually kind of funny phrasing. The town win condition is vs the Soulless. By voting for you isn't Fyler accusing you of being Soulless and not a Traitor? Why think that they're accusing you of being a traitor?
    I was hoping for more to slip before anyone pointed that out.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Weiwae said:
    Othero said:
    Xeii said:
    And yet, it's now been pointed out, and I am thoroughly suspicious of @Xeii. I will wait for Their response before deciding whether or not They should be considered a danger to our group, but the chance that They are a traitor makes me highly uncomfortable.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whoa we might actually break out games-old tradition of "no lynch" day one. Unvote until we get more info.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Weiwae said:
    Othero said:
    Xeii said:
    I debated that but I want to just jump on it before discussion fizzles out. Day 1 I'll jump on anything that looks like it might have meat.
  • You're all welcome. My vote stands.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Fyler said:
    You're all welcome. My vote stands.
    Oh Gods why did you put that song from Moana in my head. I had just gotten it out of my head last night. Why. Whyyyy.
  • Just to weigh in a bit, I am personally not certain enough of Xeii's guilt to vote for her. That said, there's also plenty of time remaining of the day, so I won't vote to end it early either.
  • Because I can't edit...

• Ssaliss said:
    Just to weigh in a bit, I am personally not certain enough of Xeii's guilt to vote for her. That said, there's also plenty of time remaining of the day, so I won't vote to end it early either.
    Yeah, this isn't a "Xeii's guilty jump on em". This is more of a "Uh, what just came out of your mouth would you like to explain those words?". I'm sure Fyler or Sylandra have a good drag gif to explain that.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm torn re: this line of reasoning.

On the one hand, offing Xeii gives us definitive information about her win condition, which could be useful long term in getting info ASAP. On the other hand, what if she's an important player and we're screwing ourselves by pushing her too hard too early?

Idk which risk is higher in a game if 20 people. I will say due to the amount of people, it will be 1) Very hard to complete lynch trains, but 2) It invites more room for error. So if we do axe Xeii and it's a mistake, we can be forgiven it by sheer virtue of the numbers game. But it also means it's unlikely to happen, because we need to get 11 people to agree to a day 1 lynch, which has rarely happened ever on these forums.

20 people also means we might have more than just an average single scum team to worry about. I fully expect at least 2 kills tonight, just because this kind of set up makes that possible. Whether that's SK + scum or two scum teams remains to be seen! (Or maybe I'm totally off. Just saying if this was my game, and I had this many people, I'd want a lot of murder happening.)

Yay theory-crafting.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Othero said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Just to weigh in a bit, I am personally not certain enough of Xeii's guilt to vote for her. That said, there's also plenty of time remaining of the day, so I won't vote to end it early either.
    Yeah, this isn't a "Xeii's guilty jump on em". This is more of a "Uh, what just came out of your mouth would you like to explain those words?". I'm sure Fyler or Sylandra have a good drag gif to explain that.
    We just need to Understand Xeii's

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Definitely going to drop a 

FoS: @Xeii

However I won't vote because We don't know if there is an Igaso among us who might be able to execute once there is a certain number of votes.

That would follow trend and theme, yes?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The probability of Xeii being an enemy simply because she voted for a no lynch is negligible. There is no actual correlation between the two, no matter how much Fyler pushes it. In fact, it is more likely to harm than help us to randomly point fingers at those around us.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    The probability of Xeii being an enemy simply because she voted for a no lynch is negligible. There is no actual correlation between the two, no matter how much Fyler pushes it. In fact, it is more likely to harm than help us to randomly point fingers at those around us.
    People aren't FOS'ing Xeii because of the vote for no lynch. It's because of her line...

Xeii said:
    Which does seem highly suspicious.