The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I only pulled the thread because Selenity pushed the vote back towards me on a flimsy reason, your claims are intertwined with one another, and I've wanted to ask it for a while. I fully believe Selenity is the Fates and town aligned, but as explained the bolded information in the post made me look twice at yours.

But sure when has not questioning claims worked out in mafia? There's been what feels like ~50 pages of scrutiny about my own claim. I'd have loved to just say "You can trust me, but it's not time yet." and escape all that.

If this is my last day, I'm going to pull every thread I can for others to follow up on.

Anyway, really is time to switch phone off, good night!

• Ushaara said:
    I only pulled the thread because Selenity pushed the vote back towards me on a flimsy reason, your claims are intertwined with one another, and I've wanted to ask it for a while. I fully believe Selenity is the Fates and town aligned, but as explained the bolded information in the post made me look twice at yours.

But sure when has not questioning claims worked out in mafia? There's been what feels like ~50 pages of scrutiny about my own claim. I'd have loved to just say "You can trust me, but it's not time yet." and escape all that.

If this is my last day, I'm going to pull every thread I can for others to follow up on.

As I've explained (AGAIN), it's not a simple matter of "just trust us." I've offered the information, so far the players said "not yet." 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Ushaara said:

Not defending Fyler, but you seriously brought it on yourself here. You could've gone unclaimed for awhile,  sure you may have gotten lynched later had I still picked Vivet over you in that situation but like come on, you are not an innocent party in the role scrutiny here.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    FWIW, @Ushaara if I'd had your role I would not have claimed it on Day 2, haha. It does invite a certain level of skepticism.

I do agree though that I don't think Ushaara is the best kill for the day. Far better to find a Soulless at this point.

Here's a question: who knew about Portius beforehand, do we think? The false story that he gave us gives me the implication that, in fact, Portius was targeted by another Soulless in the night, but I suspect that he didn't know who that Soulless was.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    FWIW, @Ushaara if I'd had your role I would not have claimed it on Day 2, haha. It does invite a certain level of skepticism.

I do agree though that I don't think Ushaara is the best kill for the day. Far better to find a Soulless at this point.

Here's a question: who knew about Portius beforehand, do we think? The false story that he gave us gives me the implication that, in fact, Portius was targeted by another Soulless in the night, but I suspect that he didn't know who that Soulless was.
    Like I said before, I think it was Othero. Though if that were true, I'm not sure Portius and Othero would have squabbled over the details of their reports like they did. 
  • It was Portius who created the discrepancy which led to the squabbling though. If the Soulless really are independent of each other, the two of them would have every reason to argue.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Not going to lie, I still suspect Othero's power as not being what it seems or simply the result of being Soulless and working it out for himself.

• Why would I catch a soulless in a lie and push for a lynch on them? Even though they might not be talking they're still winning as a group. If I was Soulless and I didn't trust Portius' claim I wouldn't call him out during the day and try to lynch him. I'd try a night kill and either knock off a player with a useful skill or confirm one of the other Soulless and have someone I could work with during the day.
  • Self preservation? Portius created a scenario where either you or he was correct and if you didn't push against him somebody else might have started pushing against you. 
  • Then I would of lied and said "Yeah, I think Portius is right. I'm asked Shaddus for clarification  and only one Soulless attacked the other. His scenario makes sense.". 
    I can't really explain it, but it doesn't add up.

• That's really weak considering it does add up.
    Hmmm, making a list of everyone alive's night actions so far, and checking it twice.

Using @Ushaara's rationale of what we should have expected each night.

---

N1: 3 attacks, 1 death (Krokano) - Assuming Traitor kill, since Illith/Kethuru blocked each other.

Known Killers Present: @Vivet (Traitor) and @Portius (Soulless)

Sylandra - Vanished, confirmed by being visited by Shaddus 

Lavinya - n/a

not Celina - n/a

Lehki - n/a

Dylara - n/a

Ushaara - n/a

Phoebus - Mason w/ Ssaliss (semi-confirmed by mod's Lisaera post)

Selenity - n/a

Yomoigu - n/a

Othero - sensed Illith vs Kethuru

Weiwae - jailed Xeii

----

N2: 4 attacks (counting Dylara as vig), 2 deaths (Fain and Meridian) - Possible conversion. Soulless attacked Selenity/Fates (failed).

Known Killers Present: @Vivet (Traitor) and @Portius (Soulless)

Sylandra - n/a (claims vanished)

Lavinya - n/a

not Celina - n/a

Lehki - n/a

Dylara - killed Vivet

Ushaara - n/a

Phoebus - Mason w/ Ssaliss (semi-confirmed by mod's Lisaera post)

Selenity - jailed by Yomo

Yomoigu - jailed Selenity

Othero - jailed by Weiwae, sensed Soulless attacked Selenity

Weiwae - jailed Othero

---

N3: 3 attacks, 2 deaths (Lisaera and Xyl) - Possible conversion. A Soulless targeted Luce/Xyl.

Known Killers Present: @Portius (Soulless)

Lavinya - n/a

not Celina - n/a

Lehki - n/a

Dylara - n/a

Ushaara - n/a

Phoebus - jailed by Weiwae, Mason w/ Ssaliss

Selenity - n/a

Yomoigu - n/a

Othero - sensed Soulless attack Ssaliss

Weiwae - jailed Phoebus

---

N4: 3 attacks, 1 death (Mugowumpois) - Possible conversion. A Soulless targeted Shaddus/Mugowumpois.

Known Killers Present: @Portius (Soulless)

Lavinya - n/a

not Celina - n/a

Lehki - n/a

Dylara - n/a

Ushaara - n/a

Phoebus - n/a

Selenity - n/a

Yomoigu - jailed Shaddus (claims Strongarm kill)

Othero - jailed by Weiwae, sensed Soulless attack Shaddus

Weiwae - jailed Othero

---

N5: 2 attacks, 1 death (Clangorum) - Possible conversion. Soulless targeted Breandryn/Clangorum.

Known Killers Present: ???

Lavinya - n/a

not Celina - n/a

Lehki - n/a

Dylara - n/a

Ushaara - n/a

Phoebus - n/a

Selenity - n/a

Yomoigu - jailed by Weiwae

Othero - sensed Soulless attack Breandryn

Weiwae - jailed Yomoigu

---

From this I made three little lists for my personal use.

People Who Are Most Free at Night to Act:
    @Lavinya, @Fyler, @Lehki, @Selenity, @Dylara, @Ushaara

People Who Are Second-Most Free at Night to Act, but Do Have Some Alibis* of Varying Strength:
    @Yomoigu, @Phoebus, @Othero, @Sylandra

The Only Person With A Proven Non-Killing Alibi Every Night:
    @Weiwae

I want to clarify that @Othero's alibi is not his power but rather the frequency with which he has been jailed. This could however explain a few of the nights that had less kills prevalent, though it also could mean he's been a high profile kill target.

Similarly, my alibi is basically the one post @Shaddus had confirming I vanish when targeted at night, and the fact that I viewed him confirms my self-watching ability at the very least. Of course, it only confirms that I can do that one thing. It doesn't necessarily absolve me of acting at night (even though I swear I'm not!).

@Phoebus I include because of her Mason ability being semi-confirmed by the mod, and @Yomoigu obviously is included for his two nights of jailing.

These alibis don't clear anyone necessarily as innocent but they do explain a bit of what that group is doing at night, while the previous group only has one night in which @Selenity was jailed to explain their night actions or lack thereof.

Additionally, as has been said before, @Weiwae could be converted, though I think at least I'm convinced he's not an acting night killer.

Am I missing anything important above?

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • The whole reason I jaliled yomoigu is because I noticed a similar mechanic between his "3 days of failure" and Kethuru's almighty ability.

But still someone died so I'm not sure what to make of it all.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    @Lavinya, I have a question about your lynch reset power. It has to be activated in the thread, not by PM, right? Is the activation phrase something that's obviously Zvoltzy, or at least First Circle? 
    Yes it's activated in the thread and kinda wish it was flashy but alas, it's a simple two words in bold that will reset the day (no points for guessing the two words, ha).

• Phoebus said:
    We should try to see if we can't sniff out a potential Soulless before we go for Ushaara. He could possibly be a Traitor, but a Soulless trying to fly under the radar definitely wouldn't claim Malmydia. If we can't come up with anything better, sure, you know I'm on board. But we've got time to think before pulling the trigger.
    It's also possible that Ushaara claimed "innocent traitor" to hide being a soulless suspect.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Sylandra said:

More thread pulling!

Interesting! My read from Portius' flag raising post was that -he- was the attacker, since there was no need for him to raise a flag to say 'yo I'm a Soulless' if he was attacked, since that would have been learned by whoever targeted him in their own flavour post.

More inclined to believe that it was him outing himself to other Soulless as a 'Mea culpa, sorry for targeting you, but hey, recognise this for the flag raising post it is and we can not block each other again!'

So if -Portius- was the aggressor, I think it's quite likely you would have been a target of his. Not sure if yours was a deliberate phrasing choice or not though...

A lot of your claim is reliant on the fact that Shaddus tracked you in Northern Wastes, and that you spotted him. But we have no clue how Silvanus handles Soulless, and they may simply always recognise that they were targeted. He may have spotted you doing nothing because you were blocked from acting by Portius.

I originally believed the Hoaracle claim, but now am not so sure.

If it -is- a false claim, it's a clever one, since Whacher -> Watcher almost writes itself.
    Oooh I buy your reasoning re: Portius being the aggressor. That makes sense.

(I would also point out that Portius had no self watching powers, so if that's something you want to use to connect us, it's not in his role sheet.)
    Daraius said:
    First I 100% think @Dylara should use her daykill today, no question. So I don't want a lynch to occur before that can happen, and will pressure people to unvote if that looks like a danger.

Until then, I guess I'll stir the pot a bit since we aren't very chatty just yet and throw something out there.

I have some upgraded suspicions and would like to FoS: @Yomoigu.
    Yomoigu said:
    Ushaara said:

The two jailors thing is weird and uncommon, but we don't appear to have a vanilla roleblocker and I'm assuming Yomoigu is Mysrai and has shifting powers, so mebbe... Of Yomo/Weiwae, since Weiwae was confirmed by Luce, Yomo would have to be rated as more suspicious.

Well, you're half-right anyway. I am Mysrai, but I'm no power shifter. The reason I was insistent that Weiwae be absolutely certain as to the reason why he was convinced Phoebus was a Soulless was because the power he thought he had is the power I actually have. My name is Mysrai, and I am a Soulless-sniffer*

*To be completely accurate I am an excoroperditio-sniffer, but that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well :(

Any given night I can jail a target and sense their aura to see if it is pure or if it has been contaminated by soulless essence. As was mentioned by a few of you, this ability can be very powerful but there are drawbacks. I can only use it X amount of times (though it is refreshed if I find a Soulless or Traitor) and if I go X attempts in a row without finding a baddie, I am removed from the game. I have used the power twice now (Night 2 against Selenity and last night against Shaddus).
    ^Claim is above. We didn't get to talk much about this yesterday so I want to share my doubts now.

1) The way Yomoigu first claimed was very careful: "I'm Triumvirate." It felt like he was waiting to make sure no one had claimed Jadice or Mysrai before he made a claim. There was really no reason to hold back which one he was, tbh, unless he was covering his ass first. Hence my side-eye. (Also if there is more than one member of the Triumvirate, I want to know why there isn't 3/3 to complete the set. Is @Silvanus trolling here? Idk.)

2) Why would Mysrai be a jailer who is a Soulless sniffer? What's the rationale? It seems like an ill-suited power, though maybe some Gaudi players might want to weigh in on this. It's also really incredible to me that Yomo has an ability that Weiwae mistakenly believed he had earlier on, particularly when the two have such similar abilities already. And why two jailers? I have questions about this set-up.

3) Question #1: What does it mean to be "removed from the game" if Yomo makes too many poor guesses in a row? How does that happen in practice, flavor-wise? Shamefully banishes himself to the void? (I also agree with @Weiwae it bears uncanny resemblance to Portius's "Almighty" power limitations and could be a way of building on what Yomo already has if he's Soulless.)

4) Question #2: @Yomoigu does this mean you can say 100% that Selenity is not a Traitor/Soulless?

Caveat: While he did get jailed last night by Weiwae, I want to point out that this doesn't necessarily rule him out as an antagonist. Though it means he's not the person who killed Breandryn, at least.
    Daraius said:
  • I missed the too many wrong guesses part. Can we get a whole list of who you used it on? Because right now I feel like you have claimed using it almost every night and I have no idea in what world 4 or 5 wrong guesses didn't get the power stopped from you.
    Yomoigu used it on Selenity and Shaddus so far. N2 and N4 respectively, as I recall.
    Daraius said:
  • While I also have an fos on Yomoigu, since he clearly didn't kill breadryn last night, I'd rather try to figure out who did.
  • Also, I support a dayvig kill on Ushaara. Sorry.
    Weiwae said:
    While I also have an fos on Yomoigu, since he clearly didn't kill breadryn last night, I'd rather try to figure out who did.
    Couldn't Have Killed Breandryn: @Yomoigu, @Weiwae

Breandryn's Potential Killers: @Sylandra, @Lavinya, @Fyler, @Lehki, @Dylara, @Ushaara, @Phoebus, @Selenity, @Othero

I'd take out @Dylara from this list for daykill target, as she's the one doing the daykill. I can take myself out because I know I'm gud. o:)  Hmmm...

Of the remaining names I'd say I'd be willing to agree to a @Lavinya, @Othero, or @Lehki lynch. @Fyler is a close fourth mainly because even if we're wrong, her power should let her vote anyhow, meaning it's a low risk daykill.

I could be persuaded to suggest we daykill one of the other names, but I don't feel inclined to push on them presently.
    Daraius said:
  • Who was it that didn't get killed when lynched without using a daytime visible power to do so?

I think they are most likely our soulless.
    You're thinking of @Lehki.
    Daraius said:
  • Yeah, I can get behind that.

Vote Lehki
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The flavor of Lehki's power had him staying alive by the First Circle stepping in to spare him. That doesn't sound like something they'd do for a Soulless, but it does fit as something they would do for one of their own. And the way he chose to handle revealing that he had his power did not seem scummy to me.
  • I was already about to point this out to add to what Sylandra said about Yomoigu, but bringing it up let's me make a case for my own defense, I think. 

So Yomoigu said this yesterday

Yomoigu said:
    That's good to know, but there was another reason I asked too. I'll write more when I'm home in a few hours, but I can guarantee that the mafia have a strongarm killer and used it against Shaddus
    Then, Othero said Shaddus was killed by a Soulless. And we saw that Portius' did have a strongman attack, but Portius' couldn't have been the strongman in this case, because we saw his Almighty power get used up saving him from a lynch.  So if we're to believe them, that would mean it was a different Soulless with Strongman that attacked Shaddus. Two Soulless with the same power sounds odd to me, but I suppose it couldn't be ruled out.

Side note, it also occurred to me that Yomoigu was present at two targets that Othero claims were visited by Soulless. @Selenity what did you see the night Yomoigu jailed you? I can't recall atm.

So now in my own defense, if I'm a Soulless and Yomoigu and Othero are making truthful claims, I couldn't be the one that killed Shaddus either. My power also would have been used up saving my life. Which would mean either I just had a better power then Portius, or there was a 3rd Soulless(who also had a similar power) that did it. Neither of those sound likely to me, but I'm biased.