The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Night 2: you had a big glaring sign flashing "Look at me! Look at me!" hanging over your head. I didn't go after you in case you had a power activated by somebody investigating you.

Night 3: It was exactly that... One or the other. Why waste a charge on that binary situation when we still had plenty of players around and a mistake wouldn't be overly crippling?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    N2: Fine, Dylara thought similar.

But am now convinced you're Illith.

Why jail one of Othero/Portius? Because you a 50/50 chance of jailing a Soulless and preventing them from killing someone else...
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Ushaara said:
    @Selenity Where are you at on Fyler today?

Your power activated by a different means to how you thought it would, but your superwin obviously still hasn't happened or we wouldn't be having this discussion. Is there still scope for Fyler to be key in achieving your superwin condition? Could that be where the confusion stems from?
    I will paraphrase my superwin. It's listed under my win condition.

Elders: I win with the town when all Soulless are defeated. However, I have unique abilities that will enable a Major Victory for Town if I survive to the end and reach certain conditions.

What are these conditions? No damn idea. Silvanus wasn't kind enough to list those.
  • Ushaara said: 
    N2: Fine, Dylara thought similar.

But am now convinced you're Illith.

Why jail one of Othero/Portius? Because you a 50/50 chance of jailing a Soulless and preventing them from killing someone else...

Again: we already knew that one of them was lying. We had enough players at that point that I thought the potential of losing one more was worth the risk of trying to root out somebody sneakier.
    But you didn't jail anyone else that night... How were you going to root somebody sneakier out? By letting the Soulless whittle us down to thin the crowd for you? Wow. Thanks.

(If you had said you were limited to jailing on even numbered nights, I might have believed you.)
  • Judicious use of resources. I had just wasted a charge on Selenity and wasn't exactly keen on using 2 in a row.
  • But, by your own argument, you knew one of them was lying. So it was not a waste to cover both if it guaranteed one was a successful jailing.

I would say not spending your powers on guaranteed successes in the hope that something better comes along is not a particularly judicious use of resources. Perhaps the argument can be made about cost/benefit, as in you could potentially get more out of your powers later, but that leaves a big IF that's hard to answer for if your argument is "I didn't want to waste powers."
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Ultimately, it was a judgement call about how best to use my power. Was it the wrong one? Hindsight tells me yes since I haven't uncovered another traitor, but there's nothing I can do about that now
  • Hindsight is a real bitch, I'll give you that. 
    "They lie in wait like wolves, the smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting, interminably waiting, and then..."
    @Lavinya @Phoebus @Selenity Has anything been said to change your vote one way or the other?
    Ushaara said:
    @Lavinya @Phoebus @Selenity Has anything been said to change your vote one way or the other?
    I previously didn't trust Yomo. Still don't.

Don't trust Fyler either.

I'm happy where I'm sitting for now.
  • Well it's time to engage in the conversation beyond the same positions we've already seen, because this is a hung jury and you're largely the reason. 

Yomoigu and I have both provided robust defenses and arguments. People need to respond to those. Not just "I don't trust so and so" or we'll be here until the day expires. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I've said the reasons why I don't think Fyler's Illith. Of the people left, the ones I think have the best chance of being Illith are Yomoigu and Lavinya. I also think Ushaara is the remaining Traitor, but locating Illith is my highest priority. Honestly, I've spoken at length about all of these things at this point, so unless any kind of actual revelation comes up that's going to change how I feel, I don't have much more to add.
    :losewings
  • Since we're obviously deadlocked between Fyler and me right now... How about we consider a third option.

@Phoebus I would be willing to switch my vote to Ushaara if you do. I also don't think he's Illith, but I also think that it's better to Lynch a traitor than nobody at all.
    If that would actually get any traction, I'd be willing to do so to avoid a no lynch. However, I'd prefer to vote you off if possible. We're just going to end up in the same spot on the next day if both of you stick around.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    For some reason I thought I made the post last week Saturday for the beginning of the day because it was my day off, but I was wrong and we have already passed the deadline.

However! Merciful, forgetfully bad Admin I am, you have been gifted an extra 24 hours.

This is your official 24 hour deadline.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I think <12 hours left in overtime qualifies as zero hour. @Selenity @Fyler @Lavinya @Phoebus what are your thoughts on voting Ushaara to avoid a no-lynch?
  • I think it's a throwaway but since I'm half of the deadlock, I'm fine with it 
  • Mutual Unvote then

Vote Ushaara
    I'm here to make changes as needed but the other people kinda need to be alive.
    Ha, must say I am both amused and impressed. You might just get away it too since people have wanted to lynch me since Day 2. But...

@Selenity I think what happens is all up to you. Neither Phoebus nor myself believe flipping to Fyler will reveal a Soulless/Traitor, so you're holding to a lynch that can't reasonably get the numbers required.

So however guilty you may think me to be, please recognise that if I were a true Traitor rather than simply a canon Traitor, I'd have flipflopped over to Fyler rather than leaving myself in this precarious position. The valid reason for voting for Fyler provided by you would have been the perfect cover for me to hide behind.

But I believe Lavinya knew exactly what she was doing when she created this stalemate, and why she didn't snipe the lynch on Yomo earlier. She was covering for her own dodgy claim.

Yomo not being Mysrai will confirm that Lavinya is not Zvoltz.
    If I thought killing you was the best plan Ush, I would've switched my vote already. I don't trust you but I think we need Yomoigu to die for us to really make progress on the Soulless hunt. I'm not sure about your "Yomo not being Mysrai will confirm that Lavinya is not Zvoltz," but I have been assuming that if Yomoigu is innocent, Lavinya is guilty. Mostly because I don't see too many other ways it could be right now...

Yeah, this is down to @Selenity. The Fyler lynch isn't going to happen, if you don't switch to Yomoigu we're going to have a late game no-lynch on our hands.
  • We've had a 7 day deadlock and we're only still talking because Silvanus is generous. Nobody is budging on me or Fyler, so I'm going back to the train I started back on the second day
    I had a terrible read for Sylandra, but it was somewhat due to mod-messages being different to what I am used to.

But I will be so proud of having named both you and Portius as Soulless back on Day 3. I knew there was something fishy about you pointing the finger and then just standing back away from the debate.
  • This is silly: if I were actually Illith, why did I open this can of worms. The BEST thing for scum right now is a no-lynch... All I would have had to do is keep quiet and let the day end.
    If Yomo isn't a baddy I'm going to knucklepunch each of you. Through the computer. Don't know how, but I will.

Unvote.

Vote: Yomoigu.
  • ... Well, ya'll just screwed up.
    Do I have to cash in my preemptive goddamnit? I was so sure!!!