Interest from the Welkin

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
edited February 2017 in Event Scrolls
Standing at the Megalith, doot doot. Really wish I could figure out how to color this.  Many thanks to @Czixi for the rp.

The viscous blood congealed at the base of the many severed heads begins to drip; inexorable slowly, the droplets fall from the plaques and tumble towards the ground, dissolving into nothing but mist as they fall.

Shaddus adjusts his steamoptics carefully, scrutinizing his surroundings with a suspicious glare.

"So you are one of the mortals that My Thax considers worthy of His time," sounds an accented voice from behind you, beside you and before you all at once. A quick glance shows nothing to be visibly present as an origin for the sound, but still it continues. "I wonder why."

Shaddus crosses his arms, staring overhead at nothing in particular. "'Your' Thax finds me suitable for work that He finds beneath Him."

Shaddus turns, leaning back against the Megalith and surveying the area before him. With a smile, he goes on. "The Welkin, I presume?"

Laughter ripples over you, accompanied by a clammy breeze that stirs the pollution of the Megalith into spirals. "My identity is hardly a difficult conundrum."

"It is rare that other elders not of my city come to see me. Be welcome in Magnagora." Shaddus murmurs, giving a slight bow to the air before him. "Were I an idiot to presume my Lord's thoughts, I would say that He values my two centuries of service to the Lord Masque before Him."

"Fain..." The voice changes with the sound, fading as if sucked into the swirling vortexes of the Tainted clouds. When it sounds again, several moments later, it has returned to its usual clipped tones. "His touch is certainly upon this place. His drive."

Shaddus nods. "The Lord Masque has had a grip on this place. Not as much as one might like, and it ebbs away with every second." he says, eyes growing distant for a second. "Many elders have came and gone in my time in the First World. The Even-Bladed, the Crown of the Exalted and the Sidereal. All leave their mark upon we lowly mortals, for good or for evil depending on your idealogy.". Tilting his head, he inquires, "I wonder of Yours, Lady Welkin. You do not seem to push Yourself on others as They did. My own Lord does not speak of You, either."

"As one who has served My Brother," comes the reply, "you would surely comprehend better than most that a true leader need not push. They need only ask."

A wry smile spreads across your face.

"I have a question for you, Prelate. You may answer it, or not, as you will."

Dipping his head respectfully, you say, "Ask away."

"You are, aside from the Dark Cadre, one of those closest to My Thax. You are one of the best placed to enlighten Me upon something of import."

You say, "It is so, as much as one can be. Your Thax is...insular."

The sound shifts, coming now only from before you, as if focused on a single point.

"Is He...well?"

Sucking at his teeth for a second, you say, ""Well" is subjective, Lady Welkin. He is not "unwell". He is focused on rebuilding, gaining in power and little else. He is likely not who He once was, nor will He ever be. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of opinion."

There is a pause - long enough for the spirals before you to cease their dance, sending the corrupted clouds tumbling to the ground as before. The presence before you, intangible and invisible, begins to fade.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

"Thank you, Prelate."

Czixi, the Welkin has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 3 months.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• Very interesting! I don't really recall seeing much of the Welkin about initially, was there any logs about that talk about her some more, or how She came about?
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There's theorycrafting aplenty, and there's probably a lot that should be found out icly. What I will say is that if what I personally suspect is true, it will lead to some interesting inter-org rp.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • What a cool log! Beautiful writing and a cool glimpse into the lore. I've heard nothing out about Czixi in game - was there an event or is there somewhere I can read more about her?
  • edited February 2017
    I have a few Czixi interaction logs I should clean up and share. I don't think there's any IG material written yet though unless there are nooks of lore overlooked. (She's the bomb tho 10/10 log)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it