Sherlock Gnomes - Sluelugh and Breandryn are solving a mystery!

BreandrynBreandryn Member Posts: 1,521 Transcendent
edited March 2017 in Event Scrolls

A single burst of flame erupts from the Twisted Stairs of Gaudiguch, pillaring high into the skies.

(Gaudiguch): You say, "What was the light?"

(Gaudiguch): Sluelugh says, "That wasn't me."

In worry, you say, "I am going to see what that light was."

(Gaudiguch): Sluelugh says, "Apparently a mixture of a gaggle of Hallifaxians and a Sparkatron 9000."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Oh?"

The Twisted Stairs. (road). (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
Tirah frowns deeply, lines creasing her forehead. She wields a fiery basalt staff in her left hand and a pair of diamond shears in her right. Sluelugh is here. He wields a skewed, cacophonous mandolin in his left hand and a burning whip of hissing flame in his right.
You see exits leading east and up.

You crease your brow in a frown.

You say, "What happened?"

Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "Let me see it?"

Sluelugh says, "It's marked at Failaeron's."

Sluelugh gives the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 to Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire.

Eyes widening in amazement, you say, "What is that?!"

Sluelugh says, "It makes sparks and fireworks and such."

Extending greedy grabby hands, you say, "Oooh! Lemme try! Lemme! Lemme!"

A jade-armoured Wyvern Rider says, "As I was telling th' others, a bunch of Hallifaxians threw it in and it exploded. Looked damn pretty."

Tirah creases her brow in a frown.

You tug urgently on Tirah's sleeve.

Urgently, you say to Tirah, "Can I see it?"

Tirah gives the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 to you.

Tirah drifts off to the up, her form trailing wisps of perfumed, lavender mist.

Painted a festive red colour, this elongated metal cylinder is several hands in length, comparable in size to a human forearm. Golden filigree adorns the exterior of the tube, curling whorls and sweeping spirals of aureate leaf shimmering with a thin coat of polish. Curious knobs and buttons stick out like sore thumbs, begging to be pressed, turned, and pulled. Along the edge of the open end of the barrel is a series of concave and convex lenses, continuously shifting one's depth perception when looked through. A small hand crank juts out from the side, studded with bolts and gears purely for aesthetic purposes.
It weighs about 60 pounds.
It bears the distinctive mark of Falaeron Shevat.
It has the following aliases: sparkatron.

Entranced by the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000, you emit a long "Ooooh."

You begin to wield the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 in your right hand.

Sluelugh says, "Maybe try to fozblurbble it."

You have emoted: Breandryn immediately begins fiddling with the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000, hair a deep, inquisitive green. Her tongue lolls out in concentration as she begins to push every button and turn every knob that she can.

Sluelugh says, "The instruction scroll says anyway."

You clutch the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 firmly, preparing to use it.

There is nothing noteworthy there for you to read.

Blinking up from her eager poking and prodding, you say, "Instruction scroll?"

Sluelugh says to a jade-armoured Wyvern Rider, "I think she's gonna get it."

With your mighty index finger extended, you poke the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000.

The sparkatron does nothing. It seems to be fully discharged.

The Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000 is unaffected by your efforts.

You have emoted: Breandryn gives up and eventually begins to just shake the device, jumping up and down to give her movements some extra oomph.

Sluelugh says to you, "Could try to SPARKATRON FOZBLURBBLE."

You tell Sluelugh, "Oh you."

Sluelugh tells you, "Hmm? I'm just reading instructions."

You have emoted: Breandryn does her best to fozblurbble the sparkatron, fozzing like the best of them as her blurb blurbs along rather impressively for an amateur. It's the ble, though, that last little ble that's the cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the perfect finish. She bles. Oh boy does she ble.

Sluelugh says to you, "You got this."

The sparkatron emits a quick, small burst of sparks before going inert once more. A shimmer of light seems to shimmer strangely as it passes through the air, seemingly in the shape of a floating shard.

It is probably best to dispose of the sparkatron in the Eternal Flame.
Your eye immediately notices the flaws in what is obviously an illusion.

Sluelugh says to you, "I think the fozzing is helping."

You have emoted: Breandryn stares over to Sluelugh in astonishment before blinking back at the shard suspended in the air. She fozzes harder than ever.

Sluelugh says, "Maybe ble harder."

You have emoted: Breandryn bles a bit.

Eyes wide, you say to Sluelugh, "What do you think that shard was?"

Sluelugh says to you, "I don't know. I wish I'd have seen it a bit more in detail."

The head of Phoebus has exploded.
You see the death occur at before the Transcendental Aviary.

Sluelugh says to you, "Do you think that was because of another sparkatron accident?"

Confused, you say, "Another? There have been others?"

Eyebrows raising in even more confusion, you say, "What even IS a sparkatron?"

You stare implacably at the Gnomish Fizgigo Sparkatron 9000.

Sluelugh says to you, "Didn't you sense Phoebus' head explode."

Sluelugh tilts his head curiously.

Eyes widening, you say, "Maybe it's an invasion!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Beware citizens! We may be facing an invasion of crazed gnomes armed with sparkatron 9000s!"

Sluelugh says, "Except that one is marked as Failaeron's."

In alarm, you say to Sluelugh, "We should retreat further into the city! Use the stairs as a bottleneck! Throw...empty tankards down at them!"

Sluelugh says, "I mean, so long as they're empty."

Shaking her head, you say to Sluelugh, "No, no, Faileron is one of them. That must be what...what they do..."

Gasping, you say, "Oh, no!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Citizens! It gets worse! Somehow they've turned Faleron into one of them! And armed him for battle!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "OH MY! I know what has happened - oh, citizens, it's worse than we thought!"

You have emoted: Breandryn gasps in abject horror.

(Gaudiguch): Malarious says, "The rum is gone?"

Sluelugh says, "I bet the Starhopper is in on this."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Faleron has BOUGHT OFF the gnomes! He now has their entire merchant empire on his side and they are constructing him powerful weapons with lots of gnobs!"

(Gaudiguch): Malarious says, "I knew it! We must murder the gnomes to avoid the weapon!"

(Gaudiguch): Malarious says, "Dead gnomes dont build."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "We must start at their source!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Theod, to Newton!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "All our hope and faith rests on your shoulders."

(Gaudiguch): Tirah says, "Newton is only a colony."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Where do they source from, then?"

(Gaudiguch): Tirah says, "An aetherbubble."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Oh, perhaps we should...speak sternly with the merchants? Have they a queen? We must investigate this more! The wheel has made this man mad!"


-------------------------

An emergency comes up and everyone is distracted by that. In the middle of that situation, Luce sees me walking by with the Sparkletron and gives Breandryn some advice.

-------------------------

Luce tells you, "Under no circumstances should you place that in your Nexus. It will cause...uh...a thousand years of pain, yes."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Hmmm...."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "That is exactly what someone in cahoots with Falaeron would say!"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh, yes, we're wise to his dealings with the gnomes. We can't prove anything...yet...but this is not over. The Wheelspinner's profits will not get him what he's after."

Luce tells you, "Curses, my plans are foiled!"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Aha! An admission of guilt!"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Such lovely crystal, but so brittle under pressure!"

Luce tells you, "But I'm not Lucidian..."

Luce tells you, "Oh, but right. Don't put it in the nexus. Bad vibes, or whatever."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I was referring to your entire city for you have proven that the conspiracy goes all the way to the top! Ha! I am so wise right now!"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "As for the Flame...you are likely telling me not to, so in actuality I should put it in. But perhaps your bluff is a bluff as you know from our Culture sweep that I am not so dull as some think. But perhaps you recognize that I am an Illuminatus and have thus absorbed knowledge from the wise around me, in which case you then would know I would expect a double-bluff, and so you have done it in triplicate - and this is the answer, for Tremula has told me that is also how your paperwork is done!"

Luce tells you, "I am not sure if I can be pedantic enough to pull that kind of argument off."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "But you are the leader of Hallifax. Who else but you would be so?"

Luce tells you, "I just paint and make poor decisions. Like my fish brew tea."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh! I did not realize you were allowed to paint in Hallifax. Do you follow a numbered layout or do you design freehand? I use my fingers."

Luce tells you, "Asifodipoja."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Have you sneezed?"

Luce tells you, "Paint by-! I NEVER!"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh, an aneurysm perhaps..."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I know your city is fond of numbers. I visited, once, but I am not very good at counting so the only thing I discovered was the exit."

Luce tells you, "I. Would. Not. Deign. To. Comment."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Have you been to Gaudiguch? It's lovely here, especially at dawn and sunset. The light glitters off the gold and sometimes Drachou soars and sneezes out butterflies as his wings drip rainbows. We have gardens and music and love and, oh, you should come visit someday, yes?"

Luce tells you, "The sun rising over the mountains and striking Hallifax -just so- is one of my fondest memories, and the painting I did to commemorate it one of my favourite pieces."

Luce tells you, "If I could find the Nil-blasted thing."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "That sight is one of my...well it is one of my secret dreams, but now I have told you, so it is now a secret-known-by-one dream. I have several of those. In any case, I had hoped to see that when Zitto was looking to let me visit, but he...has gone silent."

Luce tells you, "I don't believe we own or watch the southern walls of the Shallamurine Cathedral, you can see the City from there easily."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Truly? I shall have to watch for the dawn from there someday."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I suppose you are not so terrible, for a conspirator and a pendant."

Luce tells you, "Pendant?"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I have decided I think your bluff was indeed in triplicate."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Which, by your definition, makes you a pendant, but I do not think so. I simply think it makes you clever."

Luce tells you, "I...wha..?"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "You said it would be pendantic but I'm quite a fan of jewelry, so I do not see what that is even a problem. Necklaces are lovely."

Luce tells you, "P...pedantic, it's..."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "There is nothing wrong with sparkling, Chairman."

Luce tells you, "Needlessly and excessively focused on the letter of the word, rather than the int-I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS HEADACHE."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh, no! I am so sorry to have done that! This is me, perhaps! I sneezed once and two butterflies turned people into maggots."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Should I try a cough? It may make the headache better?"

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "...or you could end up banished in between realities...But that is rare!"

Luce tells you, "I...er...but...errrrrrrrr-."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I'm not really sure how it works, so I'll just imagine you feeling wonderful and sneeze for the best. Sometimes, most times nothing really happens, but you know every once in never the effects your cause creates line up to the right result."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "I hope it helps!"

Luce tells you, "Know what, have a field day with the sparkatron."

You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh, thank you! That is such a kind sentiment! You're a lovely man."


-------------------------

The next month, Breandryn finds Sluelugh to continue their investigations!

-------------------------

Note: Sluelugh is a fat dwarf. Breandryn is a skinny faeling. Neither are taller than four feet.

The Portals of Gaudiguch. (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
A comforting heat blankets the area from a shield shrine of Yomoigu nearby. Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. A platinum eye sigil is here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Sluelugh is here. He wields a burning whip of hissing flame in his left hand and a skewed, cacophonous mandolin in his right. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system. There is an aetherways portal here.
You see a single exit leading out.


You nod your head at Sluelugh.

You say, "Exactly who I was looking for!"

Raising his hand in greeting, Sluelugh says "Hi!"

You say, "Are you busy?"

Sluelugh says, "Not at the moment!"

You beckon to Sluelugh.

Sluelugh begins to follow you.

Eyebrows raising as she quietly giggles, you say, "I have found MORE evidence."

Sluelugh gives a horrified gasp.

Sluelugh says, "Of the gnome invasion?!"

You say, "The conspiracy goes ALL the way to the TOP!"

Sluelugh becomes overwhelmed by it all and faints.

Sluelugh says, "Wait, who's the top?"

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes widen and she insists, "The Chairman of Hallifax himself admitted involvement." She then squeaks as you faint, rushing closer to try to help.

You have emoted: Breandryn realizes she will be squashed and instead backs away.

You have emoted: Breandryn didn't call you fat. She is just really small.

Sluelugh catches himself at the last minute and rolls away like a boulder down a mountain. Rising, he dusts himself off and nods to himself. "I knew it..."

You have emoted: Breandryn nods slowly, smiling brightly as you recover, before her gaze shifts to a narrow, stealthy one. She leans in close and whispers, "Sluelugh, I think it's time we confront the gnomes."

Sluelugh says to you, "I tried to question them last month. They were stone-faced. Maybe you can get more out of them."

In dismay, you say, "You heard nothing?"

Uncertainly, you say, "Perhaps...two will intimidate them."

Sluelugh says, "They said nothing to me. Perhaps you can be more persuasive. I'll be the bad cop."

Sluelugh nods his head sagely.

You have emoted: Breandryn looks you over and then frowns. "Maybe we should bring someone..." She pauses, biting her lip, before she blushes, squeaking out, "...tall?"

Sucking on his teeth thoughtfully, Sluelugh says to you, "I mean, to gnomes, we kinda are tall..."

You have emoted: Breandryn's expression brightens at this and she can't help but laugh. "Oh!" she says, nodding happily. "All right, then! You be...bad cop? What is that?"

Sluelugh says to you, "Expression I heard in Magnagora. It's the one who punches more."

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyebrows raise. "Oh!" she exclaims. "The Cogwheel Constables!" She seems quite pleased with herself to have made the connection. "I met them at the ball. All right, you be the tall one, then, and I'll be the fat one!"

Sluelugh whispers to you, "I think I'm both..."

You step into the bright, glowing portal, letting the aetheric energy envelop you. You are pulled sharply through twisting aetherspace and emerge through another portal, landing unceremoniously on the ground.
Sluelugh follows you ether.
Widened exit chamber. (Avechna's Peak.)
Shimmering with aetheric energy, a bright glowing portal floats here in midair. Ensign Fritz Moonpie stands here, quietly humming to himself.
You see exits leading up and through a bright, glowing portal.

Ensign Fritz Moonpie exclaims, "Welcome aboard the Starhopper! Please speak to the Captain!"

Ensign Fritz Moonpie gives you a respectful salute.

Adopting a stern demeanor, the effect rather dampened by her soft voice and giggles, you say to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "No! We don't take orders from you! You take orders from us!"

Coughing, trying to sound even more solemn, you say to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "Now, take us to the Captain!"

Ensign Fritz Moonpie exclaims, "Aye, I serve with Captain Girda Starhopper aboard her mighty ship!"

Almost as sternly, Sluelugh says to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "Yah!"

Blushing, you say to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "Oh...we can...we can just walk right in to see her?"

Sluelugh says, "... y-yes... I think we can."

Sternly once more, Sluelugh says to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "THANK YOU... very much, we'll be on our way."

You have emoted: Breandryn shuffles uncertainly, the tips of her ears flushing pink. "They must be playing it reaaaaal cool," she explains to Sluelugh with a knowing nod. "They don't want anyone to know they have stuff to hide."

Nodding slowly with squintish eyes, Sluelugh says to you, "Yesss... they don't fool us."

Sluelugh follows you north.
Bubbled viewing chamber. (Star Hopper.)
Captain Girda Starhopper stands here, eyeing her surroundings suspiciously.
You see exits leading southeast, south, and southwest (open door).

More in surprise than confrontation, leaping back as she enters the room, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Ahhaaa! Aha!"

Impressed with herself, you say to Sluelugh, "I found her!"

Sluelugh looms over Captain Girda Starhopper menacingly which soon becomes awkward as he awaits you and her inquisition.

Smoothing down her skirts and lifting her chin, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Captain! We come to you on behalf of the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch on an Official Investigation, one that is Very Definitely Endorsed by the Mayor, to question you about your involvement with trade to the city of Hallifax. Again, official business, definitely endorsed, you absolutely do NOT need to go verify that with the Mayor's office. I promise."

You have emoted: Breandryn exhales slowly, glancing nervously over at Sluelugh. "Do you think she bought it?" she whispers to him.

Sluelugh looks fairly surprised at you. Shuffling with a mild awkwardness, he does his best to keep looming. "We're official?" he whispers in reply to her question.

You have emoted: Breandryn's gaze slides away, a bright smile slipping onto her face as she evades the question and looks back to Captain Girda Starhopper.

Voice warm, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "It is all right if wrongs have been done. We are a very forgiving city and are merely here to learn more details of a recent incident."

Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Yes, forgiving after we punish you."

Sluelugh looms over Captain Girda Starhopper, trying to dominate her.

Captain Girda Starhopper gives Sluelugh the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Eyebrows raising as a slight concern slips into her voice, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Supplying Falaeron with a sparklehopper may have seemed harmless at the time..." She smiles brightly, laughing as she agrees, "And, oh! What a dazzling sight it was!" Her expression suddenly shifts to a cold, solemn one as she mournfully murmurs, "...But ten guards died. TEN, Captain. Not so harmless now, eh?"

You have emoted: Breandryn raises one eyebrow even higher in an accusatory arch, eyes narrowed to thin slits. Out of the corner of her mouth, she whispers to Sluelugh, "Was that good? Pulled the rug out from under her!"

With extra looming, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "And we couldn't even return fire by farglewopping it at Hallifax!"

Soft voice rising as she levels an accusatory finger at the captain, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Do not try to deny it! The Chairman of Hallifax has already sold you out! We know everything!"

Trying to conceal a small shrug for Breandryn, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "EVERYTHING!"

In a frantic whisper, you say to Sluelugh, "She's so GOOD at stonewalling. I'm getting nowhere!"

Sluelugh whispers to you, "This is exactly what happened last time... maybe we need to find someone weaker..."

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes widen, a nervous expression on her face. "Maybe..." she murmurs, biting her lip, before her gaze begins to drift in thought. Finally, she whispers back to Sluelugh. "Maybe...maybe we need to take further measures..." Her voice trails off, settling on the sight of Captain Girda Starhopper. "Maybe we need to get the information more...forcefully..."

Squinting at the gnome suspiciously, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "You may not want to talk about the wanton fozburpling in Gaudiguch, but my buddies do..."

You have emoted: Breandryn blushes and shivers, her own suggestion unnerving her. She looks to Sluelugh apprehensively, letting him take the lead.

Sluelugh flexes first one arm, then the other. "Bubba and Frank wanna have a word with you in private."

You have emoted: "Oooh!" Breandryn breathes as the guns are displayed.

Nodding at the guns in turn, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "These aren't Bubba and Frank though... why would anyone name their arms those silly names. Heh... heheh. They're um... DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!"

Sluelugh looms over Captain Girda Starhopper, trying to dominate her.

Captain Girda Starhopper grunts noncomitally at Sluelugh.

You have emoted: "He'll use them!" Breandryn squeaks - by now, she's retreated behind Sluelugh, using his gut as cover to peek out from behind. "He'll rain down DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!" She tries to make those words sound deeper and harsher, but they mostly just squeak louder.

Sluelugh looms for a few long moments until awkwardness over takes him and he backs up, arms falling to his sides. In whispered tones, he confides to you "I feel like I'm not tall enough... my looming isn't going well. I don't think she can see my angry brows over my gut."

With a long, rattling sigh, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Listen, we just want to know who gave them the weapons, ok? Just... say anything."

You have emoted: "I *told* you we should have brought someone taller!" Breandryn hisses in retort. Her stare shifts back to Captain Girda Starhopper and her eyebrows knit into a pensive sulk.

Nodding and staring off over the gnome's head, Sluelugh says to you, "Fine, next time we can find someone taller. I still get to be the bad cop."

You have emoted: Your agreement to bring along a tall goon goes over well, eliciting a beaming smile. After a moment, Breandryn's lips purse and her eyebrows lift. She leans in closer to Sluelugh and murmurs, "...I have an idea." Her eyebrows waggle and she grins. She forgets to elaborate on what exactly the idea is.
Sluelugh blinks in surprise at you as he steps back a little, looking a bit unsure about what the future holds.

You have emoted: "If the gnomes don't want to play nice," Breandryn innocently suggests, eyes dancing in excitement. "Perhaps the finks will?"

Eyes suddenly wide in shock, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "OOOOOOHHH she got you there! We'll do it too!"

Chirping, you say to Captain Girda Starhopper, "Last chance to deal with us! It's the finks you'll face next!"

Hesitantly, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "And they're... smelly and stuff."

Sluelugh whispers to you, "I don't actually know anything about finks."

In a helpful whisper, you say to Sluelugh, "They have aetherspace wars with each other."

With a sudden idea, Sluelugh says to Captain Girda Starhopper, "OH! You think your fizzwoppleboom bomb was bad, wait til the FINKS get done with you!"

Sluelugh flexes his muscles at Captain Girda Starhopper, in an attempt to intimidate her.

Captain Girda Starhopper rubs her temples in frustration.

You have emoted: Stalwart to the finish, Captain Girda Starhopper remains stonefaced even in the face of such finkish threats. Breandryn clicks her tongue and shakes her head in defeat, whispering to Sluelugh, "...Retreat. We need a new plan..."

Sluelugh whispers to Captain Girda Starhopper, "We'll be back... don't go anywhere."

Sluelugh points boldly towards the horizon and declares in a proud tone, "Onward!"

You have emoted: Breandryn stares expectantly at Sluelugh, eyes wide as she waits for him to depart. Several moments go by, and then she realizes she's standing between him and the door. "Oh!" she murmurs, flashing Captain Girda Starhopper an apologetic smile. She lifts her skirts, trying to shuffle backwards out of the cramped hallway. She smiles again at Captain Girda Starhopper, waving a few times as she slowly manages to retreat.

Sluelugh follows you down.
Widened exit chamber. (Avechna's Peak.)
Shimmering with aetheric energy, a bright glowing portal floats here in midair. Ensign Fritz Moonpie stands here, quietly humming to himself.
You see exits leading up and through a bright, glowing portal.

Beneath her breath, you say to Ensign Fritz Moonpie, "We're not done with you."

You step into the bright, glowing portal, letting the aetheric energy envelop you. You are pulled sharply through twisting aetherspace and emerge through another portal, landing unceremoniously on the ground.
Sluelugh follows you ether.

The Aetherplex Chamber. (Avechna's Peak.)

Nodding, Sluelugh says to you, "That went well."

With a thoughtful nod of agreement, you say to Sluelugh, "I think we have them worried, now. Weakened. Just where we want them."

Sluelugh says to you, "Pretty sure she was close to breaking there at the end."

You say to Sluelugh, "Exactly!"

Sluelugh says to you, "We're pretty good at this, I think."

Beaming brightly, you say to Sluelugh, "We are! We're like....mystery solvers!"

Sluelugh nods his head sagely at you.

Sumna tugs urgently on your sleeve.

You tilt your head curiously at Sumna.

Sluelugh says to you, "Hey, Sumna's tall."

Sluelugh urges you onwards.

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes light up at that. Sumna is, indeed, tall.

Roaring Lioness, Sumna exclaims to you, "I can't hug or cuddle anyone!"

Sumna blinks.

You have emoted: "Ooh!" Breandryn breathes at Sumna's distress. "And she is violently fierce to touch!"

Roaring Lioness, Sumna says, "No, I'm not tall."

You have emoted: "Taller than us," Breandryn counters.

Sumna gives a pained sigh.

"Erk!" Sumna says with a grimace.

Roaring Lioness, Sumna says, "Oops."

Roaring Lioness, Sumna says, "I just gave my swan 20 bodoru."

Uncertainly, you say to Sluelugh, "I think we need a spaceship to go see the finks."

Roaring Lioness, Sumna says, "Oh wait no I didn't."

Sluelugh says to you, "We should go to Gaudi, it's noisy here."

You nod your head sagely.

Comments

  • BreandrynBreandryn Member Posts: 1,521 Transcendent
    The Flame and Flesh Tavern. (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Spread out from wall to wall, Mount Zoaka's smoky volcano glimmers in the centre of this carpet, baby dragons flying above it in detail. A petite wooden chair sits here, covered in colourful silken butterflies. A couch here is marked with fiery hues. A small table of grey marble rests here, a faint flickering atop it. A sturdy bar table of iron has been placed here.  You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading north (open door) and down (closed door).

    Sluelugh says, "We're missing Sumna."

    Shaking her head, you say, "I do not think she was interested."

    Comprehension flashes across Sluelugh's face.

    Sluelugh snaps his fingers.

    You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

    Sluelugh says to you, "Welp... What do we know?"

    Among the sparkling motes of light, a translucent figure appears in the air and then quickly solidifies as Sumna, riding a white lissome swan graced with blanched white wings, comes into view.
    No sound betrays the entrance of a white lissome swan graced with blanched white wings from the ether.

    Finger extended, Sumna pokes you.

    You have emoted: "Ok," Breandryn begins, leaning forwards to rest her arms on her knees. "First, we've got a smurglefuzzit. Second, Falaeron's name is ALL OVER said smudgywuzit. Third, the snorglebucket made a BIG flash - I could see it all the way from the Flame! That's potentially dangerous and even if not, it's very powerful."

    Pacing about the room, Sluelugh says to you, "The guards thought it was entertaining but when you tried to fozbibble it, it wouldn't wagglewop."

    You have emoted: "The sparklebopit was clearly made by gnomes," Breandryn continues to list, eyes widening as she hears the clues listed out like this. "...And the Chairmain himself admitted involvement with the device." Her voice drops to a worried whisper as she admits, "...He also told me NOT to throw it in the nexus." She flashes a bright smile, proudly explaining, "I used logic, though and reasoned that I'd see that as a trick and not throw it but assumed he would also know I'd see that and so lied again to make me think he was lying, and with triplicate that means we SHOULD throw it-".

    Pausing in his pacing to stare in confusion at her, Sluelugh says to you, "At... people?"

    You have emoted: Breandryn lifts one finger, eyebrows lifting. "No!" she exclaims softly, sitting up straight as her wings quiver. "Don't you see?! Triplicate?! EVERYONE knows Hallifax does all their paperwork in triplicate!" She arches one eyebrow, victorious as she murmurs, "We keep it right where it is." She blushes, coughs, and then clarifies, "...which is on the floor because it crumbled into dust a few days ago."

    You have emoted: Breandryn murmurs an apologetic, "...soooorry..."

    Sluelugh slams his fist into his palm, "I knew it!" He begins his pacing again, "Why didn't I see it before? This is only the first attack. Two more must be coming..." Stopping and staring outside worriedly, "But when?!"

    Sumna blinks.

    "Nope," Sumna says with finality.

    Sumna, riding a white lissome swan graced with blanched white wings, leaves to the north.
    Gliding soundlessly through the air, a white lissome swan graced with blanched white wings skims to the north.

    You have emoted: Breandryn squeaks in alarm, craning her neck to peer outside as well, tugging urgently at Sluelugh's sleeve. "I don't see it," she hisses, scrambling up onto her tip-toes. "What are we looking at?"

    Sluelugh stares out the door, apparently thinking hard. "I'm... not entirely sure." He glances sidelong at you, "The attacks maybe? They could be coming from ANYWHERE!"

    Wisps of lavender mist drift in from the north, trailing dreamily about the perfumed form of Tirah.

    Tirah inclines her head politely to those around her.

    Sluelugh whispers to you, "Careful... she could be in on it with them. We're going to have to question her."

    Tirah raises her eyebrows. "In with whom?"

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Wouldn't YOU like to know?!"

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "Why yes, I would."

    You have emoted: "Anywhere!" Breandryn echoes in alarm, quickly retreating back deeper into the tavern. "In on it?!" She drags her little her-sized seat further back into the bar, putting a table in between herself and Tirah as a precaution. She scrambles into her chair and then nods at the bench on the other side of the table.

    You muster Breandryn's Squad.

    (Breandryn's Squad): You say, "We need a name for ourselves."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I like that one."

    Calmly, you say to Tirah, "Take a seat and we will explain. If...you can answer a few questions, first."
    A mottled black manticore with a short-cut, yellow mane tenses slightly before emitting a low, threatening growl.

    Sluelugh nods sagely but very much seeming to be searching for something to say. He gestures towards the bench as well, "Yes, please take a seat and watch out for Frank and Bu- I mean Death and Destruction. They follow me everywhere I go." He raises an eyebrow cavalierly at that last comment.

    Tirah sits herself down onto the couch and neatly folds her wings behind herself, her eyebrows remain raised and she tilts her head. "Has there been another dominator incident?"

    You have emoted: "They are very frightening," Breandryn reassuringly agrees to Sluelugh before she looks back at Tirah with a shake of her head. "Much more subtle," she answers. "But before we can explain all of the details, we must ensure you are not...one of them." Her eyebrows lift at the ominous reference again to the unknown enemies. She gives Tirah an apologetic smile, softly saying, "I'm sure you understand."

    Sluelugh whispers, "One of them..."

    Sluelugh waggles his eyebrows comically.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "And how are you going to go about this?"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "You witnessed the event in question. Can you question her to ensure she had no direct involvement?"

    Mysteriously, Sluelugh says to Tirah, "With questions... great questions."

    Tirah nods slowly. "Well, lets get over with it!"

    You have emoted: Breandryn nods in agreement, watching Tirah with a wide, intent stare.

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "The best que- Oh, questions. Um, on the date we found wibblewomp where were you?"

    Sluelugh stares implacably at Tirah.

    "Uhh..." stalls Tirah.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "Meditating, under the Flame. Tons of people can confirm."

    You have emoted: "Last month," Breandryn helpfully clarifies and then blinks, blushing as she whispers to Sluelugh, "...Oh, she was with me."

    Tirah nods her head sagely.

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Hmmm, maybe gnome connections, though? I heard she was just at the wheel a lot..."

    Sluelugh opens his mouth to ask another but snaps it shut and stares at you for a moment. Returning his gaze to Tirah with a sigh he continues with, "Have you ever heard of... GNOMES?!"

    Sluelugh stares implacably at Tirah.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "I have even considered becoming one!"

    Tirah beams broadly.

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Did you see her reaction to gnomes?"

    Sluelugh gives a horrified gasp.

    Shrinking back from her, Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Become a gnome?! You want to be a supplier of wanton fuzzleblurping?!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "CLEARLY SUSPICIOUS."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "CLEARLY."

    Tirah tilts her head, leaning a cheek on her open palm. "No. Small and with funny hair."

    You have emoted: Breandryn echoes Sluelugh's gasp, her chair screeching across the floor as she takes several deliberate scoots backwards. "A spargletooter!" she cries, pointing wildly at Tirah.

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Wait... wait... this could work out in our favor. If we could convert her, she could be our inside man- uh... woman."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Oh! A spy! How beautifully clever!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Gnome, our inside gnome."

    Calmly, Sluelugh says to you, "Now now, no need for insults."

    Tirah blinks.

    Tirah blinks.

    You have emoted: Breandryn's expression suddenly shifts. "Funny hair!" she agrees. "How lovely! What a beautiful idea!" She looks over to Sluelugh, scolding him, "How dare you laugh at her idea?! I think Miss Tirah would make the most wonderful gnome!"

    You beam broadly at Tirah.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "A what?"

    Remorse barely painted on his face, Sluelugh says to Tirah, "I am truly sorry. That really is a wonderful idea, right Breandryn?"

    You have emoted: Breandryn waves her hand dismissively. "Don't worry about that," she murmurs. "I sneezed. Now, you were telling us all about how you want to be a gnome?"

    You have emoted: Breandryn nods happily at Sluelugh. "The most wonderful idea." She scoots her chair back in to the table, leaning her chin on her hand as she smiles expectantly at Tirah, ears lifted as she listens.
    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "I...I really just think they look cute. I like cute things."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "This is going well. We have her where we want her."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Ah, so they're just things to you. Good, very good. Perhaps we could ask a favor or two of you? When you become a gnome, that is."

    Sluelugh urges you onwards.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "Sure, just give me...uh...500 credits so I can be one."

    You have emoted: "Delightful!" Breandryn agrees happily. Just as happily, she quickly adds on to Sluelugh's words, "Just a few teensy, tiny favors." She wrinkles her nose, smile widening as she holds up her fingers, held barely an inch apart. "Itsy bitsy. You could probably even get by dressing the right way."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Wait a minute... is she trying to blackmail us?!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Oh, my, is she?!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Oh no! She IS with them!!!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I can't really tell, honestly."

    Tirah raises her eyebrows once more. "Yes? What kind of favor?" Her eyes wander between the two of you.

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "We're going to have to be very careful if she is. Subtly is key. I am not good at subtle."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Agreed. We CANNOT let her know that we know!!!!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "What if she knows we know?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "She showed up at a pretty convenient time..."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Then THEY know."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "They already know we know. We told them."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "But we know she knows we know that they know we know they know."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "So she knows we know then they know we know but do they know that we know that she knows we know?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I don't know."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "We must know!"

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "You don't know? Just some information, minor things really. We're curious about Gnome... culture."

    You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes dart between Sluelugh and Tirah over and over and over, expression shifting as she struggles with something before she lets out a horrified gasp. "Snarkatoozer!" she cries loudly at Tirah. "Snarka--" She immediately blushes, clapping a hand over her mouth as her eyes widen in distress at her own reaction.

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "And the technical layouts of their ships as well as the innerworkings of their weapons systems including the wigglewurplebloop we found last month."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Cultural things, like that."

    You have emoted: "And why they price dolls so darn high!" Breandryn chimes in, chin lifting defiantly.

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "And the doll prices."

    Sluelugh blinks.

    "Uhh..." stalls Tirah.

    Sluelugh blinks in confusion at you and asks, "Wot?"

    You have emoted: "Yeah!" Breandryn insists.

    Blushing, you say to Sluelugh, "Well they are very cute, but it's hard to justify a collection at that price."

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "I..am not a gnome. And even if I were, I would only look like one. And I think dolls are fairly priced."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "SEE."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Yup, she's one of them."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "She thinks dolls are fairly priced. Ha!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "This conspiracy runs very deep."

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "Why would I know?"

    Tirah stares implacably about herself.

    Tirah blinks.

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "She may be quad-bluffing us."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "I mean, you could just start with snoogletop and work up from there."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "I don't know who ends up knowing what in a quad-bluff."

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "With what?"

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "You see, we know about your people working with the Hallifaxians."

    Locking her eyes on Sluelugh in an uncomfortable stare, Tirah blinks one amphibious eye, pausing briefly before she blinks the other.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "I am a trill, I would be surprised if they did not work with Hallifax."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "You gnome sympathizers aren't very good at keeping secrets."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "But let me tell you, we're better."

    Sluelugh nods his head sagely.

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Wait, you're trill?"

    Sluelugh gives a pained sigh.

    You have emoted: "The sparquelozzer!" Breandryn impatiently insists. "That Faleron set off! Last month! We know the gnomes made it." She slams one hand on the table in a light tickle, leaning forwards as her voice raises. "We know the conspiracy goes all the way to the top. Just you wait!" She points one finger at Tirah, eyes narrowing. "Just you wait."

    Tirah extends her feathery wings to the sides behind her. "Yes? Were you not aware?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I don't think she's working for the gnomes now. She has wings."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Gnomes have always been jealous of people who have wings, common knowledge."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Hmm. Wings. This is a bit of a wrench in the topalozzole."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Right. I guess we can trust her, then!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "She seems almost genuinely confused."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "It could be an act, it's not like we're speaking gibberish."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "But if she's this good a spy, we'd be dumb NOT to have her with us."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Agreed."

    You have emoted: "Just you wait!" Breandryn happily repeats, tone shifting to a welcoming, eager croon. Her hands lift to her sides as she reaches across the table to draw Tirah into a hug. "Just you wait until you can HELP US!" She laughs, beaming.

    Leaning casually against the table, Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Ok, here's the skinny. We think the gnomes are supplying arms to the Hallifaxians. That snorklekrad was just the beginning. See, they do everything in Triplicate so there are two more attacks."

    You nod your head sagely at Sluelugh.

    Tirah stares at Brea. "I...conspiracy? The gnomes sell to everyone. They are business people. They would not pick a side and lose business." She blinks as she is pulled into the hug. "My point stands. And the only weapons they make are for aetherships."

    The table leg leaning inward slightly against the weight of his gut, Sluelugh says, "But that's the beauty of it. They WANT us to think they don't pick sides. We need to find out what's next so we can stop it before it starts."

    Spinning pink cherry blossom petals swirl in from the north, dancing playfully in joyous anticipation as Rolan emerges from their midst.

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says to Rolan, "Run while you can."

    "Eh?" Rolan says curiously.

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Is he on the level?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "ANOTHER SPY PERHAPS?!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Oh, no, he is my Paragon. OH! And he is VERY tall!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Oh perfect!"

    Sage Tirah Mzithrei, the Soul of Fire says, "I think they have had a bad bit of weed or okorushi."

    Crossing his arms, Sluelugh says to Tirah, "I am not even drunk... which could be the problem."

    You have emoted: "See, that's what we thought," Breandryn explains to Tirah. "That they traded with everyone. BUT!" Her eyebrows raise for emphasis. "But, with the latest flood of income from the wheel, Falareon has proven to have found their selling point. He now CONTROLS their entire merchant empire!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Whoa."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "You didn't know?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Even I hadn't seen that..."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "You helped me discover this last month!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "...were you drunk?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "No no... I wa- yes, probably."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "So is Jeremiah a sympathizer too?"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "I wonder. Maybe. Maybe not...If not, perhaps we can rally them against the gnomes?"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Who knows how deep this goes?!"

    Tirah raises her eyebrows. "You do not have to be drunk to have a bad trip." She eyes Brea. "I highly doubt that."

    Rolan shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "Doubt it if you choose but we will get to the bottom of this one way or the other. I will not stand by as Hallifax drops more flugglewoops on us."

    Sluelugh says to Tirah, "I will run away like any sane person."

    Sluelugh nods his head sagely.

    Tirah stares implacably about herself.

    The Scarlet Lion, Captain Rolan Vessandril, Seneschal of the Rule says, "This is why I don't smoke weed."
    Tirah nods her head at Rolan, showing her acceptance.

    You have emoted: "We demand our own spazzatron!" Breandryn squeaks, rising from her chair to take a wobbly step onto the table. She teeters, but eventually gravity helps her out and she stands, stomping one little foot. "Nobody will attack our city under our watch! Nobody will drive us from our home with fireworks and fizzbangs!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Give me a musicial backing, Sluelugh."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "I'm giving a big speech now to rally them."

    Sluelugh slips a righteous bong pipe away furtively.

    Rolan peers at you unscrupulously.

    Sluelugh stands up straight, saluting before beginning to play a skewed, cacophonous mandolin. His fingers dance over the strings in a patriotic diddy as he proudly stares at you.

    Tirah gives a pleading look to Rolan. "Now, now. Sit please, both of you, you are going to hurt yourselves."
    Rolan hugs you compassionately.

    You have emoted: "We shall not cower!" Breandryn quietly continues, voice barely heard above the inspiring music. Her chin lifts and she flashes a look at the bartender. He skirts the bar to open the door, letting in a hot breeze that gusts her hair quite dramatically. "We shall not hide!" A leaf blows into her mouth. She coughs, but perseveres, insisting, "For we are a city of Freedom!"

    Sluelugh wildly plays a skewed, cacophonous mandolin, marching in place with a tear rolling down his cheek. "PREACH IT SISTER!"

    The Scarlet Lion, Captain Rolan Vessandril, Seneschal of the Rule says to you, "Okay. City of Freedom. Maybe take a deep breath and relax now?"

    Tirah gives Rolan another look and whispers. "Do you have somewhere we can put them to sober up? I am worried for themselves and anyone under four foot tall."

    You have emoted: Breandryn's rousing speech reaches its conclusion as she punches her fist into the air, crying, "Nobody shall blow out our flame! Nobody shall extinguish our freedom!" Tears roll down her own cheeks, proud tears, patriotic tears, also tears from the sand in the gust that blew in the leaf. "Most importantly, nobody will use a shiny awesome weapon on us! We demand one of our own, just as shiny and awesome, to ensure we are protected! For weapons! For freedom!"

    You see Sluelugh yell, "For FOZZLEBOOOOOP."

    You yell, "For weapons! For freedom! For snarklefuzzers!"

    Sluelugh charges out the door, screaming and waving his arms.

    (Gaudiguch): You say, "For weapons! For freedom! For fuzzletronixes!"

    Sluelugh glances briefly northwards and dashes off into the distance.

    You have emoted: Breandryn leaps down off the table, cheering and screaming as she trundles off into the distance.

    Faded brickwork. (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
    Flickering fingers of flame swirl about from a war shrine of Yomoigu nearby. Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Sluelugh is here. He wields a burning whip of hissing flame in his left hand and a skewed, cacophonous mandolin in his right.
    You see exits leading northeast (open door), east, south (open door), and west.

    With a confident smirk, you casually bump fists with Sluelugh.

    Sluelugh points boldly towards the horizon and declares in a proud tone, "Onward!"

    Sluelugh glances briefly eastwards and dashes off into the distance.

    ---- I wander around the shopping district. Can't find him. ---

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "How much onwards did you go?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "A lot, then I came back."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Ok, one second, I saw a really pretty cloak."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I'm thirsty."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "I could use a bath."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "And a nap, that was exhausting."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Wanna reschedule the revolution for tomorrow?"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Yah, let's do that."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "And we'll gather more clues."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "That Fritz was hiding something."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Ok! See you then! I'm going to mail myself a letter to remember. Investigation-slash-maybe-revolution, tomorrow."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Depends on what we find, clearly."

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "Send me one too."

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Ok!"

    (Freedom Finders): You say, "Bye!"

    (Freedom Finders): Sluelugh says, "I don't want to forget, have fun!"


    You read what is written on a lavishly chaotic letter:
    Hi Sluelugh,

    Don't forget, we need to solve the mystery to prevent the city from certain doom and to maybe fix the entire economy of the Basin. Don't get too drunk.

    See you there, and don't forget to bring a raincoat (in case of rain) and a health potion (in case of revolution).

    Bye until hi!
    - Breandryn
  • CrekCrek Member Posts: 214 Virtuoso
    The Basin can rest easy knowing that Breandryn and Sluelugh are on the case!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • BreandrynBreandryn Member Posts: 1,521 Transcendent
    Phoebus said:
    How's she missed that? :P 
    Because they won't let me come visit!
  • YarithYarith Member Posts: 960 Fabled
    We actually do have a (moderately tidy) log, but it's not mine. I'll prod the person about sharing it. :D
    == Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Member Posts: 1,889 Transcendent
    Breandryn said:
    Phoebus said:
    How's she missed that? :P 
    Because they won't let me come visit!
    It's not like you have to visit Serenwilde to know it's full of trees. It's a core concept of the organization!
  • BreandrynBreandryn Member Posts: 1,521 Transcendent
    Tbh, I said it mostly as a joke at Breandryn's expense. Imagine the weird trippy retrofuturistic art from like Logan's Run or Zardoz - that's what Breandryn imagines Hallifax art is.
  • XeiiXeii Member Posts: 192 Fabled
    @Yarith Log posted!
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

    Ghosting around.


  • SluelughSluelugh Member Posts: 37 Apprentice
    Phoebus said:
    I don't know if anyone logged the Hallifaxian side, which is kind of disappointing. If no one got it, we sure dropped the ball on that one! That Sparkatron is a menace.

    This whole incident started when we were having snowball fights and ice cream at the Matrix. @Falaeron set off his Sparkatron during our merriment, which is Pretty Illegal, and to cover it up he claimed it was the Sparkatron's fault. So, playing along, we punished the Sparkatron by putting it in the Matrix, but then the Matrix spat it out. It kept rejecting it every time we put it back in, so we took it to the city executioner hoping to have it executed for its crimes. It spiraled delightfully out of control from there. The thing really did go rogue. I wish it had terrorized Gaudiguch as well, instead of remaining inert after we threw it on your doorstep and ran away like a bunch of prank-playing teenagers. 

    Breandryn said:
    You tell Luce Shevat, Jade Chairman, "Oh! I did not realize you were allowed to paint in Hallifax. Do you follow a numbered layout or do you design freehand? I use my fingers."

    Luce tells you, "Asifodipoja."
    @Luce's response there about mirrored my own. Does Breandryn not realize that Hallifax is the city of the Arts? Of course they paint. There are fairly regular art auctions where citizens put up their custom paintings, Isune's on the pantheon, the Master Artists are basically the biggest deal in town...it's kind of a huge part of who they are! How's she missed that? :P 
    I think your first problem is assuming we are using logic and actual knowledge of the basin.
  • TirahTirah Member Posts: 406 Mythical
    edited March 2017
    I was way too tired to properly rp when this happened. Sorry :disappointed:
  • SluelughSluelugh Member Posts: 37 Apprentice
    No way! I enjoy bringing others into it if only to watch the confusion.
Sign In or Register to comment.