Promo Discussion From Tweets

Comments

• Shedrin said:
    I feel like if people are being stupid on Discord then keep the stupidity there.
    I mean, the issue is when people want to bring it here so the admin actually sees it, they've already been arguing with people about it for days, over a week with this one.
  • edited March 2017
    There's only a select few who aren't letting the argument die.

(It's not even an argument tho lol)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Here's my tweet: how come I can't get that Discord invite?

• Karlach said:
    No. The claim about the economy is one that has circulated Discord and one you're continuing to perpetuate. As if what you did was some altruistic good thing, and not what it actually was.

The discussion about Malarious was not even waiting for an admin reply before continuing to spin.

[6:07 PM] Karlach: My issue is players who knew something was a great get rich scheme albeit shady
    [6:07 PM] Karlach: but made it out like they were doing us a favour with it
    [6:07 PM] Falmiis: nobody did that
    [6:07 PM] Falmiis: you are making a strawman
    [6:07 PM] Falmiis: rofl
    [6:07 PM] Karlach: You havent listened to malarious' bullshit

• WELL THIS IS AWKWARD
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    As I mentioned to Fal after he posted on the forums on Ad-Hoc

"you literally went with the worst option"

"you put ACTUAL PROOF"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    "You're just looking for literally anyone who isn't Estarra to pin blame on so you can be angry at some player, to the point of attacking the most obvious target, so uh"

^ Was in reply to that. Followed by me stating to you 

"not to mention the argument here of "Oh they have all the artifacts so it's ok they got richer""

And no the argument wasn't just "good job it was limited by stock" It was about how it's a good job only a handful got rich, as if lots of people got a few thousand each that'd be worse!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tirah said:
    So how about that sportsballgame? I heard local team did great. Lets talk about sportsballgame.
    It was so great when that one guy managed to land a point for the opposite team. I laughed so hard. What was your favourite moment? 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sylvanas said:
    Tirah said:
    So how about that sportsballgame? I heard local team did great. Lets talk about sportsballgame.
    It was so great when that one guy managed to land a point for the opposite team. I laughed so hard. What was your favourite moment? 
    That moment when the ball was moved and points were scored. It was such a tense moment because opponentteam really did not want localteam to score any points. I almost felt bad for them.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Seeing as we're posting snippets without context:

Falmiis: one person getting 100k cr is a lot better than 100 people getting 1k cr

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tirah said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Tirah said:
    That moment when the ball was moved and points were scored. It was such a tense moment because opponentteam really did not want localteam to score any points. I almost felt bad for them.
    And then that one kid's broom exploded...

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Tirah said:
    Orventa said:
    Tirah said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Tirah said:
    And then that one kid's broom exploded...
    No, we are talking about sportsballgame, not floor sweeping champion 2017, please stay on topic.
    Whoops, my bad.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited March 2017
    Wait, I want to participate in the out of context discord quoting!

Aliod-Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Shut up Cauthorn, pass me the hand lotion

Pwnlina-02/18/2017

Yaaas penis abortion

Shuwin-Last Tuesday at 6:28 PM

it's also the term for a niche fetish involving popcorn and pliers

Shaddus-01/17/2017

Damn, you're a slut Celina
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • edited March 2017
    Karlach said:
    Seeing as we're posting snippets without context:

Falmiis: one person getting 100k cr is a lot better than 100 people getting 1k cr
    lol

Translation: "One person getting 100k credits is better than 100 people getting 1k credits assuming that one person is me" :D
  • edited March 2017
    Don't start bringing disco to the forums oh god noooooo.

Edit: By the way, my stance is pretty much the same as Lerad's.  As I said before, it was an obvious exploit.  Along with that, the admin are the ones that made the problem, so the lions share of the blame in this scandal rests on their shoulders.  Expecting the whole playerbase to sit on their hands is unreasonable, an exploit will be exploited.  That doesn't mean that the people who abused it share no blame however.  I honestly think the admin should look into rolling back the winnings of people that profited over 1k credits but didn't buy any with real money, but a solution like that doesn't seem possible.

Nobody is a murderer, and it's honestly not that huge of a deal. The people who got rich off of this oversight aren't bad people. I could easily see myself on the other side of this 'argument' which should be over by now.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Discord is cancer.
  • I appreciate that this month's promotion and the changes to it are something about which many of you are passionate, but that is no excuse for flooding Tweets, or the forums, with arguments of this type. New players come to Lusternia's forums to learn about the game and get a glimpse of the community - and our community is far better than this thread would suggest.

You all know when it is going too far. When it gets to that point, please stop.
  • Lavinya said:
    I disappear for a few days and now my excess goop I was hoping to spend and then trade in for credits is now essentially worthless. I also missed out on hitting any of the fireworks moments on the wheel with my 3 crates.

Wow, thanks so much for all the nerfing. Again.
    I was pretty bummed that they nerfed the big firework reward.  I've never gotten it, but I knew I had to be close based on how Falmiis was describing them.  I had gotten several of the 50cr rewards but never the 500. Sadly now it's probably been moved out of reach.

Such is life!  If you want Lavy maybe I can buy some goop off of you for credz.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited March 2017
    Czixi said:
    I appreciate that this month's promotion and the changes to it are something about which many of you are passionate, but that is no excuse for flooding Tweets, or the forums, with arguments of this type. New players come to Lusternia's forums to learn about the game and get a glimpse of the community - and our community is far better than this thread would suggest.

You all know when it is going too far. When it gets to that point, please stop.
    This is a pretty good example of a vocal part of the community. This isn't new it's just history repeating in terms of offers and the usual suspects doing their thing on the forums.

So yes this is a pretty normal example of the community as far as I can see from reading the forums over the past 6 months.

Edit: although can you give an official comment on the offer now that we have an admin on the thread now @Czixi ?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Veyils said:

Edit: although can you give an official comment on the offer now that we have an admin on the thread now @Czixi ?
    No.  Official comment can't come from a volunteer on this, it has to be from one of the staff involved in the promotion.  Please let's leave the volunteers alone, they have very little say on this stuff.
  • edited March 2017
    @Veyils - No, it is not new. Yes, it is often the same people participating in this sort of argument. And sadly, it is normal at present.

But you said it yourself: it is a part of the community. Only a part. A very vocal part, which means that often it is easy to forget that the rest of the forums and our community as a whole are not like this. And in that I include the people who participate in these discussions - there is no one here who solely exists as a "troll". But it is still only a part, and it could and should be smaller.

Even if you are right, and this sort of thing takes up the majority of our community, I do not think it is wrong to aspire to that not being the case. I have seen discussions between the people who participate in that vocal minority that, whilst passionate, have remained civil and stopped when it was time for them to stop. All it requires is for people to take personal responsibility.

@Xenthos is correct, I cannot make an official comment on the promotion. As has been mentioned before, whilst the volunteer administration assist in the delivery of promotions we are not ultimately responsible for them nor do we have control over their cost, availability or similar. 
  • edited March 2017
    Ah didn't realise there wasn't any feed back given to the admin from above about the issue yet. Thought there may have been. Sorry if it's not related to you.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2017
    Tremula said:
     It seems as if a day per crate (or two pet day) rule had been implemented like so many of us asked for, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. 
    Now the wheel is nerfed (any chance of it going back to the way it was before? Not likely), the one thing that kept goop competitively priced is gone  (meh), and you still have people who caught the original wave and never had to spend a single dollar, because of how rich it's possible to be in this game.

We asked for a compromise, and the people who it would hit hardest argued it wasn't necessary. It evens out in the long run until you get the wheel nerfed.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Agreed. I'm a little miffed at the 'gtfo Tweets' post. It doesn't sit well alongside the continued silence on the matter from Godmin, but guess I'll say no more on that before I get myself forum banned. 
  • The radio silence from the company folks is the most worrying thing about the whole thing to me. It's fueling discussions like these.
This discussion has been closed.