New Player and Lost with Immediate decisions

I signed up and had to pick a city and then asking for a guild. I don't truly understand what is the best match out off all the options. Feel a bit overwhelmed.

What I would like to do is play a character that is like a lycanthrope or beast, roleplay, and take time learning things. There is so much information. Also a city+guild that has regular people in it to interact with would be great!

Can you please advise? I feel like I'm making wrong choices right at character creation :(

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Closest race for you would be Loboshigaru, wolf-people. City/Commune depends. Do you like forestal, call of the wild rp? Or more civilized, less feral? All orgs are great, there really isn't much of a wrong choice to make. As a novice, you're essentially free to org hop and see what fits you best? Get to know the people there.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • More feral and wild.
  • edited March 2017
    Then maybe give Serenwilde or Glomdoring a chance. Though Glomdoring is more of a shadowy, twisted forest. Seren is traditionally greenwood type forest. Glomdoring has/had Shikari who's like a dark god of the hunt. The Predator.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • With factions on their way, hopefully soon, it might be worth having a wander through the various org faction descriptions.

For Serenwilde:
    The feral and wild rp seems like it could be at home in the Wodewoses faction that Serenwilde has brewing for example. Letting yourself go to the wild hunt, lots of potential for animalistic themes.

As Orventa mentioned the closest we have to lycanthrope is Loboshigaru. The two classes that seem like they might fit could be:
    Shofangi - bull themed/inspired with deerhorn knives, I'm not sure where the guild is at right now but you could play up rage and wildness with an option to balance that out through harmony. As a monk you can also run around naked heh cause you can use tattoos as armour which might fit the wolfman idea?
    Serenguard - another physical weapon user, the main reason is that you can use totems which can give you animalistic powers (scenting your prey for example). Totems also progresses into Moon which could fit with a lycan type concept (less subject to Her but more connected and empowered by Her) or Stag which lets you take on some physical attributes of the Stag among other neat abilities.

Can't really speak for Glomdoring, but they have similar classes. The Nekotai use nekai which are claw-like weapons which could be fitting and get stealth instead of harmony which could work for an elusive character. The Ebonguard getting Night instead of Moon and Crow instead of Stag. The Swarm maybe for a faction.
    But yeah, haven't played there in years, so a Glom would be a better person to speak on it.