List of Shame

edited March 2017 in Common Grounds
1) READ through the following list and receive ONE point for each action you've done.
2) POST your total score - no need to 'fess up to specific shamefulness.
3) SUGGEST any new items that should be added to the list. I'll incorporate these into future postings.

EDIT: 4) Let's have fun here. Don't use this thread to go after anybody <3

• Bought an artefact in order to help you kill a specific person
  • Mis'ed to the person you were bitching about, or onto a channel they were on
  • Used SNUB to give you the final word in an IC argument
  • Stripharvested
  • Used meta information to your character's benefit
  • Played Lusty while drunk, then woken up to a bunch of tells and messages and thought "Now wtf does that relate to?"
  • Tried to act 'serious' during mudsex while barely being able to type through laughter at the other person's poor writing
  • Put an org newspost onto Public
  • Accidentally killed a newbie you were training with
  • Intentionally outted an alt (somebody else's)
  • Unintentionally outted an alt (somebody else's)
  • Used an alt to find out what was happening in another organisation
  • Intentionally abused a promotion
  • Intentionally abused a combat bug
  • Purposefully caused an untrapped error
  • Done anything that crashed the server
  • Mis'ed into a SHOUT
  • Snubbed somebody for spamming Market
  • Tried to sneak something sexually inappropriate past the Charites
  • Found a bunch of riftables lying around in your City/Commune and not reported it
  • Made a troll alt
  • Trolled somebody with letters
  • Gotten an unsuspecting newbie to do something you knew would piss your enemy off
  • Started a messenger post at work with CLT
  • Lied about what you were doing when somebody you respected caught you playing a text game ("I'm part of an online coding cpmmunity")
  • AFKd during a group hunt
  • Drained past motes

Comments

• 16, though that will probably come as no surprise to many.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
  • edited March 2017
    Oh lord. 18.

But only 5 since playing Anita.
  • edited March 2017

Stupid newbies, not being able to survive on cosmic planes when they need to go there for the quest!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2017
    8-- but some of these up the total without actually being shameful, imo.  Once upon a time you had to drain nodes pre-wildnodes so that they couldn't be used against your group (someone rushes in and floods your sphere with 50 bulls / scorpions / etc).  Also, draining for Ascension.

And Druken died so, so, so many times whenever I took him out hunting with me.  Such a squishy little guy.  It got to the point that it was amusing.  (I consider this to be "training," if you take a someone out hunting and he/she dies-- though after a time he was still doing it and couldn't be considered a newbie at all any more)

A few suggestions for the list.

Mis'ed something OOC onto CT/GT/That one super serious IC clan.
    'Accidentally' interrupted someone talking to a Divine in their fulcrux.
    Logged out during combat/a revolt/aetherflares and logged back on an alt that is on the other side.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2017
    8, and the troll alt was a single alt that was instantly removed from their guild and city, enemied, and my main was given a hdf from the Oneiroi, because their name was "Aaison".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • My favourite troll alt was a merian geomancer.
  • 12. 3 within the past week. I AM SHAME INCARNATE.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Troll alt was one of mine too from that list...

I and two other players made Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto in the Ninjakari back when Monks came out. That was fun until one of us quit, the other two of us were told "declare each other and fight for being promoted out of novicehood." So we fought. I forgot who won, but instead of either of us getting GR1, we were both disguilded and thrown out of Mag for fighting/killing a city member.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    17. I was young(er) and dumb(er).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Damn, Lynnie. I thought I was bad. >.>
  • edited March 2017
    @Versalean add in
    • ragegraphing someone for ganking you while influncing
    • issuing someone for harassment after getting ganked on Astral
    • snubbing after being ganked
    • paying for an assassination after getting ganked/shattered
    • Killing mobs in the area that someone is influencing in because you don't like them
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • edited March 2017
    double post
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lynnie said:

• issuing someone for harassment after getting ganked
    You should edit this to "and had the issue summarily dismissed"-- sometimes people actually are harassing you and those issues aren't shameful either, in my opinion.  That's what issues exist for!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    3. I'm boring.
  • I might also add

Put in an issue and come out in the wrong side of the ruling
  • Luce said:
    3. I'm boring.
    I'm even more boring :( 0 for me. Well, 0.5; I once majorly lagged out Lusternia, even if it didn't crash.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

On what lynnie said though, I still, after an ooc year after moving sometimes type "ct Greetings, Celest", then go back and delete it as I usually catch it, but I sent it before. Also, am really good in forgetting newbs don't have waterwalk. I may have a reputation for that <.<
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Sometimes I have to delete my greeting, because I've typed in "Greetings, Elvandar." Caught myself a few times.

@Versalean
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • edited March 2017
    • AFKtherhunted
    • Bought market credits and resold them
    • Bough guild/city credits and resold them
    • Kick and Run Ethereal with no intention of fighting, just to make people mad
    • "Accidently" leaving annoying novices on astral during their collegium task
    • Not making use of OBLIVIOUSNESS ON and choosing to complain
    • Complain loudly that lusternia is money hungry as if they are not a business looking to maximize profits
    • Curios
    • Killing hand-in mobs
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

Though that includes stuff like snubbing market spam. I'm surprisingly dull I guess.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia