Combining maps

I've added rooms (manse, curiobix) to the server map and they got lost when I download a new version. Is there​ a way to combine my map with the server version or do I need to remap the rooms every time?

Comments

• You need to remap them, I and others have had to do it on multiple occasions. I pretty much just update my map once a RL month cause it's a pain in the ass remapping those rooms every single time.

What would be nice is if the admins, I dunno if it is something @Ianir can do, or even if they want to do, would just add curio-bix/epic-bix rooms to the list of mapped rooms. No need to add manse rooms as that would be a pain since people can easily change thier manse configuration.
  • Thanks. That's a shame but not a big problem.
  • Achaea has a player-run mapping project where they maintain their own map and give updates for it. If there's someone willing to step up to do mapping in Lusternia, the infrastructure for that could be configured.
  • For what it's worth, I wrap my mapping aliases in custom functions that record the additions to a DB (via http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Database_Functions). I then have a function that will "replay" my changes onto the current map whenever I update. To be fair, it's mostly for special exit recording. But it works well for basic areas and such too. It's not really in a shareable state, but it wouldn't be too hard to recreate yourself if you have some scripting know-how.
  • DysDys
    edited March 2017
    A player run map sounds generally good but with downsides of needing an explorer to maintain it and find the new areas. The upsides must win if Achaea's has been running well for a while. Do map labels go with the map or with the profile? I'm guessing profile as mine were still there when I updated the map.

Are there many things unmapped on the IREmap? I've spotted:
    Curiobix rooms
    Orgbix rooms
    Cloud Maelstrom
    Special exits?

Using a database to store and recreate parts is genius! So long as it's not too many rooms. Cloud Maelstrom would be annoying with random winds and slow movement. Curiobix and orgbix would work nicely.