Short log: Tirah meets Czixi

edited March 2017 in Event Scrolls
My first interaction with one of the divine of Hallifax! Everything went better than expected. 

Edit: And it was exactly the kind of talk Tirah needed too.

You whisper, "Should I greet Her? I never know how to speak to divine I have not met."

A tiny speck of mist winks into being before you, stirring the air with susurrant waves as it spills

forth into the diminutive form of the Welkin Goddess.

You bow respectfully to Czixi.

Nodding, Yarith Shevat says, "I am similar. I always address Them by Their title rather than-- Ah."

"Usually," Czixi remarks, flipping Her dagger in Her hands, "it is best to start with 'hello'."

Yarith kneels before Czixi, swearing his allegiance to Her.

You say, "Hello, Lady Welkin."

You blush furiously.

The gems of a nearby mosaic glitter in the light of the sun.

You say, "I usually do greet, but since I only recently moved here, I was unsure if it was proper

for me."

You shuffle your feet uneasily.

Czixi's narrow lips curl into a smirk. "Propriety should enable, not restrict," She replies, gaze

lingering thoughtfully upon you. "You are Yomoigu's. And yet you are here."

Tirah nods slowly. "I...was. He gave me His blessing to seek growth in new places,

however."

Mist swirls around Czixi as She shifts, drifting through the air to hover before you. "You are His,"

She repeats, shaking Her head gently. "And you are not. But you always shall be."

You have emoted: Tirah nods again and smiles softly. "Yes, I think that is the best way to describe it."

"Do not be ashamed of it, Junior Fellow," Czixi continues, Her stare momentarily piercing before She turns it away, glancing across the rest of the crowd. "It will bring you strength to the end of your days. Your devotion to My friend is a testament to your character."

You say, "I am not ashamed, and I will carry His words and wisdom with me forever, it is true. A

bond as close as there was will leave marks, even linger, no matter what, at least I would hope so."

You smile softly.

Czixi nods Her head.

"He and I have not spoken at length since My return, but we spent many mortal lifetimes working together." Czixi tilts Her head, the long side of Her hair disappearing into the wispy cowl of Her cloak. "I hope that He has been well."

Yarith pauses for a second, a slight frown upon his face.

You say, "He is keeping busy, as He always does. I am not sure how much I am allowed to speak of in such a public setting. Not revealing anything too involved was part of what He asked of me when I told Him of my desire to leave."

Czixi wriggles Her bare toes beneath her. "I would not expect you to reveal His secrets." Her face shifts to an expression of approval. "If He wishes Me to know of them, He would tell me. But I find My kin are not as capable of articulating their wellbeing as Their followers are."

Tirah nods slowly biting her lip. "I would say that overall things are looking up, regarding His projects, but He prefers to talk of His work, rather than Himself, as You probably know."

Czixi chuckles softly, almost fondly. "Indeed," says, "I do."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

"You are welcome to Hallifax, one who has been tempered in fire," Czixi states, beginning to drift higher and higher. "I will watch your progress with interest."

The currents that envelop the Welkin stir to mist as She departs, Her form dissolving into nothing but wisps of smoke that fall to caress the ground as they fade from existence.

Yarith smiles softly.

You beam broadly.

Tirah bows deeply to the empty space where the Lady Welkin just stood. "Thank You."

Czixi, the Welkin has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 7 months.

Comments