I've been thinking about Warriors again, and here's some of the ideas I think would help the class. Some buffs, and a big nerf (diminishing returns), to hopefully overall make the class more fun and balanced. All numbers are open to tweaking, but this is the general direction I like.Problems as I see it:
- Warriors are ok 1v1, but could use a slight buff.
- A single Warrior in a group has difficulty doing much, due to the requirement to get to heavy (which takes at least three balances for 8p as a 2her, even longer for a 1her) to get the impactful mods. Exception: Pincharge.
- Multiple Warriors on a target heavily outpace wounds curing. Two Warriors more than doubles the wounds output due to the static amount of wounds cured over time.
- It takes a long time to cure down from critical wounds (over half a minute).
- Warriors are very repetitive. Pure wounding strikes are optimal for building wounds, with mods only done to hinder. Exception: OpenCavity in groups.
- Warriors have lost a lot of their tankiness compared to other classes. Everyone can wear plate, everyone can get max resists, everyone can get nearly max health, compared to top Warriors able to get nearly double an average demigod and everyone can get Vitality. The best defenses right now are being very slippery, which Acrobatics is the best skillset for, or Serpent, which any Lowmagic class can get.
- 1hers are heavily outpaced in wounds building and wounds burst by 2hers, and the extra 'versatility' and poisons don't make up for this, as 2hers have better mods anyway and even a bonus to the chance that the single poison they have goes through.
Adjust the wounds per strike to 7 for a 1her (14 per round) and 15 for a 2her. Adjust the amount of wounds cured to 4/5/6 at light/heavy/critical. This leads to a 25% buff to wounds building at heavy, and a slight nerf at crit if there's any hindering. Overall this makes it easier to get to build to heavy and crit as a solo Warrior and be able to use the more impactful and spec defining mods and means any spec can get to heavy in three This also means that wounds cure faster if you heavily hinder or escape a Warrior entirely. This also increases the wounds building of 1hers compared to 2hers.Proposal 2:
Add diminishing returns when multiple Warriors hit a single target. Make the formula the same as hemorrhaging (50% for 2 warriors, 33% for three, etc). This removes the issue of multiple Warriors being able to highly overwhelm wounds curing. There's still a bonus to multiple Warriors, with the initial hit giving a relative bonus, and the extra affliction and damage output. This encourages the use of mods in Warrior heavy groups as well.
(As an aside, i feel a bit mixed about this as Warriors aren't really the meta right now, but there is an issue in some circumstances, and this helps mitigate future problems as well.)Proposal 3:
Adjust modifiers which don't deal an ice affliction or stun to also deal wounds. (There was a report that half did this for 2hers that's been accepted, I would increase this and add this to 1hers). A non ice/stun mod should deal 5 wounds for a 1her or 13 for a 2her. This encourages the use of mods, leading to more interesting gameplay, and equalizes out the power of the different mods.Proposal 4:
Nerf plate armour for everyone but Warriors. Reduce the armour value to 14%, and add a skill in Athletics that will add +6% to this. This both slightly helps Warriors relative tankiness, and encourages the use of Splendours again. Following this, there may also be a need for further survivability buffs in Athletics, but I don't have any specific ideas and this is an issue that can wait.Summary:
Buff Warrior wound building for a solo Warrior. Nerf wound building in groups. Make mods better. Nerf plate for non-warriors.
Let me know your thoughts.