Text capture and echo for gauge in Mudlet?

Hello! I think I'll just jump straight in to my issue. This can be resolved here, or private messages.. Also feel free to send me an OOC message or tell if you can help in game? I'm trying to make myself a little mini Mudlet system, just general stuff for bashing and influencing, not PVP combat (yet?) and I'm working on a health/mana/ego/etcetera bar.

So far I've made the gauge, set it up in the location I want, set up the colours, and I've made it show a custom text. BUT, I would like for it to echo each prompt into the respective gauge, for example- if I have 4309h I would like for it to capture that and echo it onto the gauge instead of on the screen, then it's simply a matter of deleting the line and having it only show in my bars at the bottom of my screen.

How would I do that? Is a gauge even the way I should be going, or should I have made a window or table instead? Anyone with extensive Mudlet knowledge, please help...

So far I have:

createGauge("healthBar", 100, 20, 0, 600, nil, "red")

setGauge("healthBar", 200, 200, "HEALTH")

Where 'HEALTH' would most obviously be the captured text.

I have (\d+)h saved as 'health_bar' in my triggers. I think I just have to remember how to get 'health_bar' to put itself into the script?