Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Fyler said:
    Right, I believe you for what it is worth, but Lehki and Portius both are claiming to flip allegiances. Lynching one is inevitably going to involve follow up with the other. I don't see how we won't lynch both at this point to be entirely honest, save for a spectacular role reveal.

The difference, for me, is that I am less confident about Flareon than I am about you due to the nature of the claims. So killing Lehki tells us about Flareon. I don't know if killing Portius tells us anything about you. 

And that is 100% wrong thinking.

1. Flareon has had two people confirm him. I have had none.

2. Flareon only confirmed Lehki does not win with Team Avatar. Portius wins with the Fire Nation.

3. Lehki claimed the role switch before, Shaddus albeit confirmed similar. Portius copied and added in a Miller and Firebender role.

4. Killing Portius tells us a lot about me. It confirms me.

You are simply wrong in every aspect of your post. I will be tracking you tonight.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sorry, I really didn't phrase that right. I'm pretty sure Falaeron is telling the truth, which is why I want to lynch Lehki. I also kinda believe Lehki's roleflip but I don't understand why the role flip is necessarily a good thing for town. There are some weird powers going on here and maybe we have a bonus or something else for lynching Lehki before he flips. Maybe Lehki's full of crap and is trying to use what Shaddus used to buy himself some time. I also really don't understand how Lehki wins with the fire nation but is not a member of the mafia. Lynching Lehki today lets us 100% confirm Falaeron and lets us get rid of someone who for all explanations of how the game works is a mafia member. Tomorrow we can deal with Silvanus and Portius' craziness. It's not going anywhere.
  • 1) Confirmation by unconfirmed people is not confirmation. 

2) Lehki claimed he flips allegiances.

3) He claimed it after Falmiis called him a liar.

4) I already believe you, as I've explained.

Playing a little aggressive for a survivor. I don't suggest tracking me tonight, but by all means, do what you want!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Frankly, if my concern was testing Silvanus's claim, I'd just lynch him. I have zero qualms about eliminating survivors and third parties. Since it's not, I find the Lehki/Falmiis interaction to be more valuable than the Silvanus/Portius interaction.
  • I do find it a little weird Silvanus is helping out the town. 3rd party survivor investigator is a hell of a role and if I was him I'd be helping out scum. Find out who the mafia is and then protect them. A survivor helping the mafia is in a safer position and better odds than a survivor helping the town. I'm not saying lynch Silvanus, I think our order should still be Lehki and then Portius, I just find the whole thing odd.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Just for you, @Yomoigu!

---

Vote Count for Day Two
     (ends May 19th at 11:59 PM EST)

Portius - Silvanus, Sylandra, Lehki (3)
    Shaddus - Zitto (1)
    Lehki - Othero, Fyler (2)
    Silvanus - Falaeron (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch! 
  • I would like to see what Lehki flips as. I am still not 100% sold by Falareon.

Vote: Lehki
  • So.  Question.  Survivor.  If town wins and the survivor is still around... does the town win AND the survivor wins?  Or is it just the survivor winning?

If it's the latter, I'm not sure why Silvanus's play makes any kind of sense.

As much as @Lehki's claim is convenient, I would have to agree with the previous sentiment that we're all nudge-nudge-wink pretty sure who he and @Shaddus are claiming to be.  Considering both are central characters, I would expect a counterclaim.  These have not surfaced.  And if that loyalty-switching mechanic is acceptable for one character, I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable for the other -- for those two characters specifically.

Ultimately, for me, @Portius's claim reeks of I'm-Crazy-Obscure-Yet-Too-Necessary-To-Lynch.

For now, I have to agree with a Vote: Portius.

• Apologies, I am going to be spending most of the week working inside a lead-lined chamber so I will be kind of spotty keeping up with what is going on. Based on what Shaddus has revealed, I'm now inclined to believe he is as close to benevolent as a third party can get, so I will

UNVOTE SHADDUS

Today has kind of turned into a hot mess. I think more information is likely to be forthcoming regarding the Silvanus/Portius situation, and so settling it now is not my priority. I believe that Silvanus is a survivor in as much as it's pretty much the worst thing you can confess to being besides just claiming mafia, but for the same reason am zero percent inclined to trust his claims or cooperate with his agenda. I am kind of iffy on Port's claim, but I think several of us can see why there are compelling reasons to share your abilities with the town while concealing your exact identity. I follow Fyler's reasoning here in that lynching Lekhi best case eliminates a mafia member and worst case costs us an 'extra' to lock down the functions of Fal's powers.

VOTE LEHKI
  • Clarifying why @Silvanus's play doesn't make sense to me... revealing yourself as survivor early like this pretty much guarantees yourself getting lynched sooner or later or sooner.  A survivor investigator going aggressive feels off somehow.

• This war is tearing the family apart  :'(

I'm caught up on the thread, and I'm going to Vote Portius. I'm open to Lehki if need be, but his role looks almost as out there as Maeve complete with 'I'm deathproof!'. Confirming Silvanus would be a plus too, at least until he inevitably betrays us.
  • Eldanien said:
    So.  Question.  Survivor.  If town wins and the survivor is still around... does the town win AND the survivor wins?  Or is it just the survivor winning?

If it's the latter, I'm not sure why Silvanus's play makes any kind of sense.

As much as @Lehki's claim is convenient, I would have to agree with the previous sentiment that we're all nudge-nudge-wink pretty sure who he and @Shaddus are claiming to be.  Considering both are central characters, I would expect a counterclaim.  These have not surfaced.  And if that loyalty-switching mechanic is acceptable for one character, I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable for the other -- for those two characters specifically.

Ultimately, for me, @Portius's claim reeks of I'm-Crazy-Obscure-Yet-Too-Necessary-To-Lynch.

For now, I have to agree with a Vote: Portius.

Survivors win with whoever else wins. They don't trump either town or mafia. When I won with the town as a survivor, both the town and I won independently.

Also I have no idea who wink wink nudge nudge Shaddus and Lehki are. 

That being said, I did forget the Shaddus piece and him not allowing Lehki to be lynched. Not sure how to handle that bit.
  • Yeah, I don't know who anyone wink wink nudge nudge is but I'm literally the one person on earth who doesn't like Avatar.
  • Way obvious breadcrumbs inviting counterclaim, combined with odd loyalty switching tells me who @Shaddus is with a strong amount of confidence.  Granted some players here don't know the material, but he doesn't necessarily know who has what role when he made such overt gestures.  This character is second in significance only to the core Avatar team.  It would have been crazy foolish to early soft claim that role.  Per @Shaddus, he winds up survivor.  I'm a little surprised by that, but that's a matter of interpretation of the origin material.  I suppose technically this makes him a safe target.

His actions strongly suggest who @Lehki is.  @Lehki's claims of role switching support that soft suggestion.  The subtle difference in their respective loyalty switches makes sense for those characters.  @Lehki appears to be soft claiming a core member of the Gaang... after some growing pains.

Both of these characters are pretty much guaranteed to be in the game.  And until I see some compelling reason to think otherwise, I'm loathe to lynch either.

June as a survivor makes sense.  June is Yet Another major yet minor character.  I'm still not reconciling the game play behavior with that role, but it's feasible in my mind.  Still, seems like a pretty safe target.  A good second choice to Portius.

• Oh Oooooh. I think I get Lehki, the allegiance swap makes sense. No idea who Shaddus is though. That does make sense. The Shaddus piece, assuming it is true, does scramble my priorities.

Unvote
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am 99.99% positive I know both @Shaddus and @Lehki's character roles, btw, and I believe they would be in play more than the one Portius has claimed.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I forgot about Shaddus' defence of Lehki. We can look more into that later, I think.

Unvote: Lehki
    Vote: Portius
    Shaddus's power confirms him for me anyway.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Arlight, that leaves Silvanus's play then.

Vote: Portius
  • Wait I'm confused about something. @Silvanus are you a Tracker or an Investigator, because you said tracker, but the way you're describing it sounds like investigator??
    Lehki said:
    Wait I'm confused about something. @Silvanus are you a Tracker or an Investigator, because you said tracker, but the way you're describing it sounds like investigator??
    Tracker with flavor re: Fire Nation that outed Portius, if I'm not mistaken.
    Daraius said:
    And here's a fun kicker: the Chief of the Sun Warriors is not technically a member of the Fire Nation. So somebody is definitely lying.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It's just what the flavor of the power is, because I use Nyla to track their scent.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited May 2017

Vote Count for Day Two

Portius - Silvanus, Sylandra, Lehki, Eldanien, Yomoigu, Breandryn, Fyler (7)
    Lehki - Othero, Zitto (2)
    Silvanus - Falaeron (1)

• Sylandra said:
    And here's a fun kicker: the Chief of the Sun Warriors is not technically a member of the Fire Nation. So somebody is definitely lying.
    I think that could be a matter of interpretation, unless there's some specific fact I'm overlooking.

Not that I believe the claim in any case.

• Yeah, I guess if that's the way we are going. Unvote, Vote: Portius
    Selenity said:

Vote Count for Day Two

Portius - Silvanus, Sylandra, Lehki, Eldanien, Yomoigu, Breandryn, Fyler (7)
    Shaddus - Zitto (1)
    Lehki - Othero, Zitto (2)
    Silvanus - Falaeron (1)

You included poor @Zitto twice!
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well, this thread picked up fast than I expected. I'mma do some quoting.

Silvanus said:

3. Lehki claimed the role switch before, Shaddus albeit confirmed similar. Portius copied and added in a Miller and Firebender role.

I have not, in fact, claimed to switch alignments. I have claimed to be a firebender. I have not claimed to be Fire Nation. Thus, there is no copying. Also, I'm denying that being a firebender is more than superficially millerish.

Yomoigu said:

I'm caught up on the thread, and I'm going to Vote Portius. I'm open to Lehki if need be, but his role looks almost as out there as Maeve complete with 'I'm deathproof!'. Confirming Silvanus would be a plus too, at least until he inevitably betrays us.

Not claiming deathproof, Yomo. Claiming to be immune to one type of kill, when the Fire Nation almost certainly has at least two. So a 50% chance of being 1-shot deathproof against just the scum and maybe a vigilante.
    Silvanus said:

I am June. My cat Nyla tracked Portius to a Firebender Tent, there is no doubt in my mind that Portius wins with the Fire Nation. That is made clear to me.

You can believe the tracker who outed themselves on day two, or you can believe someone's absolutely ridiculous claim which is basically mirroring their ridiculous claim from the previous game.

Don't think this really mirrors the Maeve claim. You know, since several people are claiming fairly minor characters. And I'm claiming a power that isn't horribly unusual in mafia game.

But, you're saying you tracked me to a firebender tent? Did it say what I did in that tent? It couldn't have been killing, on account of the fact that Appa is the one who died and he wouldn't be in a firebender tent for any plausible reason. The alternative is that I targeted a firebender for something that didn't kill them, which would imply that I'm not a killer. Or are you claiming that you saw me return to a firebender tent, which is entirely consistent with my claim of being a firebender?

With quoting out of the way, let's look at your claim. You are maintaining that you are a survivor/tracker combo. This strikes me as unlikely:

The big one is that trackers don't reveal alignment. Which is what you're claiming to have gotten. Getting my alignment would require you to be an investigator, which you have specifically claimed not to be.

The almost as big thing is that it doesn't make sense. Sure, this could be massively fluff drive, at which point the role makes sense. But that's not really a power that survivors have. If you use it, you're painting a target on yourself for the scum by essentially declaring yourself pro-town. If you don't use it, the power does nothing.

There's also a lot of contradictions here. You've claimed not to be able to investigate, but you also claimed to be able to get my alignment through a power. You're claiming third party survivor, but massively exposing yourself. Contradictions generally indicate a faulty claim. Especially when you wait until the lie detector can't verify them.

On that basis, Vote Silvanus.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Ooooh girl you just got sniped.
    Daraius said:
    Othero said:
    Yeah, I guess if that's the way we are going. Unvote, Vote: Portius
    Vote Count for Day Two (ends May 19th at 11:59 PM EST)

Portius - Silvanus, Sylandra, Lehki, Eldanien, Yomoigu, Breandryn, Fyler, Othero (8)
    Lehki - Zitto (1)
    Silvanus - Falaeron (1)

AND THAAAAT'S A LYNCH!