Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th)

None - Arix, Eldanien, Othero (3)
    Shaddus - Sylandra (1)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! 
  • Vote: None

So in my mind... Othero comes across suspicious for not willing to risk the lie detector.  Ditto Czixi.  I think it's more or less a given that Falaeron is Toph.  And 98% sure Toph would be Team Avatar.  (She did start out '3rd party self interested' prior to recruitment.)

Bluff shenanigans are entirely possible.  Toph need not necessarily have a lie detector power.  She could have something else.  But of all the likely scenarios, I feel like people dodging the open, obvious litmus test should be examined closely.

How closely?  Like... lynch and reveal closely?

I'm leaning that way, honestly.

• Bah, make that Unvote.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    Silvanus said:
    And I would not vote for a town to punish stupid play, I thought that was a dumb idea in the previous game and would argue against it going forward. You can't eliminate a known number in a numbers game.

Just thought I'd repost this. 
    I'm not against it when people are playing in ways that consistently have risks for Town. I don't think Falaeron's behavior this game qualifies is all. (Y'all can say this method is stupid but if I'd had my way and lynched Shaddus day 1 of last game, my commuter power wouldn't have been outed ASAP, and if Tekora had died day 2 in Reign for being a distracting mess, Town would have won that game.)

I'll unvote tentatively based on Shaddus's follow up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • 100% behind lynching bad plays before they spiral out of control. We've definitely seen townie's gone haywire ruin games in the past. 

If Vaporeon doesn't do something god damned magical after this dog and pony show, I'm going to vote for him. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Eldanien said:
    Vote: None

So in my mind... Othero comes across suspicious for not willing to risk the lie detector.  Ditto Czixi.  I think it's more or less a given that Falaeron is Toph.  And 98% sure Toph would be Team Avatar.  (She did start out '3rd party self interested' prior to recruitment.)

Bluff shenanigans are entirely possible.  Toph need not necessarily have a lie detector power.  She could have something else.  But of all the likely scenarios, I feel like people dodging the open, obvious litmus test should be examined closely.

How closely?  Like... lynch and reveal closely?

I'm leaning that way, honestly.
    I have no incentive and no reason to trust Falaeron's claim. Without incentive I'm not going to follow arbitrary requests in mafia.
  • I'm saying I'm playing mafia mildly paranoid. If someone is going to ask me to do something I need a reasonable reason to do it. I don't take a day one claim as reasonable proof or a valid reason to do it. More info on how his lie detector works would help. But yeah, I have no obligation to post something for a test I don't actually know is true.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh, no, I understand entirely. I said that as an earthbender pun to Celina. I'm ambivalent to the lie detector request since it's been in one unorthodox game and since has reared its ghastly head at least one every game (possibly excluding the last). Toph would be an excellent lie detector, but also bodyguard, just like Katara would be an excellent doctor and mayor. These well written characters can take multiple mafia roles with any amount of creative thinking, and Selenity is super creative.

Toph as a lie detector is a plausible, safe early claim since real Toph won't out herself since revealing all the members of the Gaang is a Bad Idea (TM). I'm unsure why Flan would want to draw attention early on but he could be Suki with a 'kill anybody who tries to hurt me tonight' activateable power as a Kyoshi warrior or something similar. If I can think of that, so can the scum, so a high profile target like Portius, Silvanus, Sylandra, or Celina are better uses of time. Day one madness with the potential of info. Still waiting on this visible reveal, I guess.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Personally I'm curious who @Falaeron feels like lie-detecting the most at this stage. He's not obligated to listen to our opinions on that, but it's something to consider.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I didn't post the phrase in the initial flurry because I was asleep (I'm European so this will happen a lot), and by the time I got up the conversation had moved to Falaeron's role reveal/people were starting to vote for him, so it didn't seem an appropriate time to do so. Happy to do so now.
  • I win with Team Avatar.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I don't think we'll be getting anything from Othero so I'll just go ahead and...

Czixi said:
    I win with Team Avatar.
    STOMP GROUND

I was always going to use it on someone who did it later rather than sooner and Czixi feels like a good choice. Othero's reluctance is pretty suspicious to me, though.
  • Take that, person from different time zone?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited May 2017
    Falaeron said:

Czixi said:
    I win with Team Avatar.
    STOMP GROUND
    Falaeron takes their bare foot and slams it down on the ground... to apparently no effect.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Selenity said:
    Falaeron said:

Czixi said:
    I win with Team Avatar.
    STOMP GROUND
    Falaeron takes their bare foot and slams it down on the ground... to apparently no effect.
    FTFY
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • So is that it?
  • Ok, serious question,  do you get to use that power again? Or was that your one chance?
  • Based on @Selenity responding to that, it seems I owe you an apology, @faelaeron. Still, that is the most anticlimactic playout to this discussion I can imagine.
    So @Falaeron, that means...?
    Daraius said:
  • I AM NOT FEELING THE MAGIC, UMBREON
  • No, that seems fine? That's basically how Toph lie detecting people in the show would look to anybody else, and he did say the action would be visible, but not the result.  
  • That's cool if it seems fine. I actually 100% believe it as a lie detector power now. I win with Team Avatar.

The real problem is if it can be done again. If it was a one time shot that was kind of a waste. If it can be done again then that's going to effect how powers should be used tonight and in the future.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:
    Falaeron said:

Czixi said:
    I win with Team Avatar.
    STOMP GROUND
    I mean, we may not see it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Othero said:
    That's cool if it seems fine. I actually 100% believe it as a lie detector power now. I win with Team Avatar.

The real problem is if it can be done again. If it was a one time shot that was kind of a waste. If it can be done again then that's going to effect how powers should be used tonight and in the future.
    For consistency and to avoid ambiguity later, "I win with Team Avatar" should be it's own standalone post.
  • Selenity could just be playing along and responding because it's funny. The message certainly is strange for a power. 

Maybe it's like the My Little Pony game and the rainbow castle bluff that threw everyone off.

It's just odd that the response to a supposed power is "apparently no effect."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (I MISSED A PONY GAME!?)
    Luce said:
    (I MISSED A PONY GAME!?)
    Luce is a brony confirmed.
    Daraius said: