VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
edited June 2017 in Mafia Hideout

Welcome to Wonderful Generica, the epicentre of Very Vanilla! This long and storied kingdom features many of the standard fantasy tropes you would come to expect, and quite a few you might not.

Our story takes place in the remote village of Idyllic, near the border of the neighboring kingdom of Harmonia.

Recent reports of marauders prompted the capital to send out soldiers to investigate and keep the village safe. They were never seen from again, and missives for help continue to pour in from Idyllic.

Additionally, panicked rumours of the Blackswordsman's presence have distressed neighboring villages as well.

Perturbed, Good King Wenceslas has taken a step up on the situation, and dispatched a group from the Generica Association of Heroes (or GAH) to follow up on the disturbance. Lead by the illustrious Lord Chaucer, they are confident that they will be able to end the incident swiftly and efficiently.

Alas, it will prove to be complicated.

=====

The Rules

1. You may not edit your posts. Doublepost as needed to correct typos/clarify.
2. Votes and Day Powers must be bolded to count. (Ex. Vote Nobody, or I'm A Day Power)
3. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. If the day ends without a majority, Mob Mentality comes into effect - whoever has the most votes on them will be the one lynched. If multiple people have the same number of votes, whoever reached that number first will be lynched.
4. Mob Mentality will always favour a death over No Lynch. No Lynch must reach majority to be achieved.
5. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
6. You are allowed to post during Twilight, but votes cannot be changed. Only powers explicitly permitted during Twilight may be used.
7. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
8. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
9. Day Phases will last exactly 4 real days. I will edit the first post of any given day to include/preserve the specific time.
10. Night Phases will last exactly 24 hours, after which you cannot submit night actions.
11. You are to be sportsmanlike, and not be excessively inflammatory, lest you might spontaneously burst into flame. You will receive one warning.
12. Town wins when the mafia is eliminated.
13. Mafia wins when they hold a majority over town.
14. If you are neither town nor mafia, your role should make your win condition clear enough. If you are confused, please ask me!
15. Not all roles are created equal. Some of you are liable to have a bad time - chin up and keep trying. Chances are you'll still have some chance to affect the outcome of the game even if things turn south.
16. Investigation/Watching/Tracking have lower priorities than most kill methods. You have been warned.
17. THERE WILL BE A NIGHT ZERO. Be ready, you might have useful information to share before the first day phase starts.

=Staying at the Idyllic Inn=

1. Kalikai
2. Silvanus
3. Yomoigu
4. Phoebus
5. Arix
6. Lehki
7. Sylandra
8. Falaeron
9. Eldanien
10. Weiwae
11. Othero
12. Fyler
13. Shaddus
14. Tremula
15. Tarkenton
16. Dys
17. Kistan

=In Reserve=

-

Comments

• I think I would like to join in.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'll play!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'll sit in reserve for now, if we don't have enough players by the time you're ready to start then you can lob me in!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I would like to play
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Generic expression of desire to join.
  • MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • 20 players, geeze. I'll go for it
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I was gonna say put me on reserve but 20 players? Sign me up, please.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    I was gonna say put me on reserve but 20 players? Sign me up, please.
    Thank you! It should hopefully push along at a good clip, and so not drag.
  • Hi.
  • Third time's the charm?  Sign me up, please.

• Sounds generically entertaining. Sign me up.
  • This sounds like a fresh of breath air. Let me in.
    A little over halfway there! *rally*
  • Sure me!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sure, why not.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Image result for tell my wife i said hello gif

(I'll play!)
  • Actually, thinking of my next few weeks I am going to have beg off. Please take me off the list.
    Swapping out Zitto for Yomoigu, then.

I've taken the time to look over the roles and think that, if needed, I can cut this game down to 16 people. I had been kind of hoping the momentum would keep up, but realistically, school has ended for a lot of people and vacations are likely starting, so that might have been poorly envisioned on my part.

Would we all rather just shoot for starting once we have 16?

• Either way we need some more, so c'mon people! Give it a shot!
    Bring me into the actives, that will drop us down to two people needed.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Why not. Here's hoping for that sweet sweet night 0 death :P
  • I'll give it a go. I've never done forum Mafia but I played a Mafia/Killer combo at university once.
  • Never played before but do enjoy reading them!

Put me down for a place.
    Tarkenton said:
    Why not. Here's hoping for that sweet sweet night 0 death :P
    That shouldn't be a problem.

Yay, new forum faces!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh I'm being facetious and you know it. Looking forward to stretching my mafia muscles.
    Okay, I think we've lost what momentum we've picked up.

@Tremula, would you like to go back to sitting on reserve? Then we can run a 16 person game instead, and I really would appreciate having a backup option ready!

• If he doesn't want to, I'll sit on reserve
    Let Kalikai go ahead of me, just make it a fun game guys!

Okay! I will need some time, but the game should open tomorrow night (night in Murica, anyways). I'll be off on Thursday and Friday too, so should be more available for any early questions pertaining to roles before the game really gets rolling.