Changeling Cameo Changes

Sorry, but on this one I have to protest.

o Changeling Cameo now requires masochism to use so it cannot act as a
   full HME heal in combat.

I don't care how 'low' masochism is in discipline. It's a combat skill, that I don't need or use. And now I suddenly have to invest in something because some combatants do stupid things.

And people don't seem to get it when I say don't do this thing or please consider other players, 'oh you don't matter you're a noncom' well, it affects us and you have to consider us as part of the playerbase too.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)

Comments

• Orventa said:
    Sorry, but on this one I have to protest.

o Changeling Cameo now requires masochism to use so it cannot act as a
       full HME heal in combat.

I don't care how 'low' masochism is in discipline. It's a combat skill, that I don't need or use. And now I suddenly have to invest in something because some combatants do stupid things.

And people don't seem to get it when I say don't do this thing or please consider other players, 'oh you don't matter you're a noncom' well, it affects us and you have to consider us as part of the playerbase too.
    The timer is tracked regardless of whether or not you have the skill. I appreciate your protest, but this doesn't change anything other than 'you cannot change race within 60 seconds of being attacked'.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Idea: put masochism at 0% inept. Problem solved. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2017
    That's fine then, though perhaps might need to be worded better. Thank you for your clarification @Ianir

Edit: ^you typed faster than I did, this was in response to your first reply

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • edited June 2017
    EDIT: Scrubbed. Doesn't need to be said. - Ianir
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    EDIT: Scrubbed. Doesn't need to be said. - Ianir
    Ianir it wasn't directed at you! Never. More other players who have said so to me in the past and just recently in the last hour. It's them, we're butting heads.

All my respect and love for everything that you've done so far and continue to do.

• edited June 2017
    Ironically, a combatant could have explained to you how the masochism timer works.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    Ironically, I combatant could have explained to you how the masochism timer works.
    @Ianir - NOW can I have that LOL button?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Fyler said:
    Ironically, a combatant could have explained to you how the masochism timer works.
    Ironically, you've missed the point that she misunderstood the changelog and thought that you had to actually have the Masochism skill to be able to use her cameo, as opposed to "having masochism".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah. It was a combatant that pointed out that "Hey, I know it says "Have masochism", but have you considered that "have masochism" is just a short hand for "must be able to be masochistic", aka not in combat?" 

That exact phrase (have masochism) is super ultra common and self-explanatory to anyone who spends time talking about envoy reports and game balance, and probably WAAAAY less common for anyone else, hence the confusion. Having masochism has a specific meaning that doesn't necessarily match up to the general meaning of those two words strung together. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    While we're talking about masochism, why're we allowed to drink poisons w/o maschosm?

• edited June 2017
    Shaddus said:
    Fyler said:
    Ironically, you've missed the point that she misunderstood the changelog and thought that you had to actually have the Masochism skill to be able to use her cameo, as opposed to "having masochism".
    You guys get so serious, I was just chuckling at the combatant related anger when combatants probably could have clarified this for her pretty easily. 

I was amused is all.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I think it's ok to close the thread now, case closed.

This discussion has been closed.