Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Nothing solid, but I had some mice visit me last night while I was enjoying my jujube's.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The reason a supermajority matters is because if it is reached then the day will end because there can be no alternate vote that will come out, so knowing this in addition to simple majority is a good thing to have. It's just knowledge for the sake of having knowledge, nothing more. My night was absolutely quiet, nothing to report.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    The reason a supermajority matters is because if it is reached then the day will end because there can be no alternate vote that will come out, so knowing this in addition to simple majority is a good thing to have. It's just knowledge for the sake of having knowledge, nothing more. My night was absolutely quiet, nothing to report.
    The way I read the rules, the day ends and twilight starts as soon as a simple majority is reached. Except for multiple people simultaneously voting, I don't see how it's ever possible to reach a supermajority.
  • Tremula requires a supermajority to be lynched.

so if we all vote for her and get the 9 votes for a majority, the day will not end, instead we'll need the the supermajority of 11 people (assuming 66%) to lynch her and end the day. 

Of course, I don't think any of this matters if the day ends, if Tremula has more votes than anyone else, the mob mentality will kick in and he'll be killed anyway, regardless of any supermajority powers.
  • I'm here
    Nope, I just misread the rules and my reading was 9 was what was necessary for mob mentality. It is interesting that someone who received a night message of any sort is trying to guess about my role just because I ask for clarification on a misunderstanding, though. Since lie detector powers are so beloved, though, let me do this to satiate you.

I do not require supermajority to be lynched.

• The first mention of a supermajority was by Tremula. It wasn't mentioned anywhere else prior to Tremula's question. Why are you asking about a supermajority is you do not have the power? The simple answer is that it's likely because it is one of your powers.

If it's not your power, why are you bringing it up?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Geeze, Kalikai is aggressive :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tremula said:
    And with 16 alive, what's the supermajority? Sorry, just off of work and not thinking very clearly.
    She's kinda got a point though. Why bring this up? Does your role mention a supermajority?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The supermajority question is interesting. I'm willing to bet Trem power wise has something to do with it. Would seem odd as a town power to me.
  • She just said she misread the rules. If that was her power it was a very unsubtle thing to do, asking like that. The power also makes little sense to have in this game unless it also makes them immune to a mob mentality lynch. And even if it is her power, what's it matter? Needing super majority isn't really a scum exclusive power. 
    Especially since the rules post says nothing about a super majority, just a super majority. :confused:
    Just a majority. Stupid phone.
  • It's ok. I actually believe I know why she asked now. It took me a second to get it though.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I for one welcome our aggressive 2nd circle goddesses and their interrogations.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hey there, just checking in. I feel like the super majority question isn't too odd. Mostly just means someone has a super majority power.
  • Sylandra said:
    I for one welcome our aggressive 2nd circle goddesses and their interrogations.
    I am a legend afterall!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It seems like a silly place to ask the question when role pms have been out for awhile now and you most likely asked a question during night 0, I am inclined to believe Tremula
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Eh, just generating conversation you can use to lynch me later. I figure no one's going to reveal anything day one, so it'll come down to the same argument of day 1 random lynch vs no day 1 lynch, people will go for the no lynch, and we'll have another night where I'm likely to get murdered.

Someone wake me up when it's day two.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I should certainly hope that people don't default to a no lynch. We had a night 0, this is not a cold opening. Some things happened last night, which means some people have some information. I don't expect them to share it, and I don't ask them to. It's just that even unshared, it means that we're not starting on a completely random choice blank slate. We got a freebie night where nobody was allowed to get made directly dead! Let's at least try not to waste it.
  • I had a quiet nightv. I wish there was more to tell
  • Nobosy seems to be saying much about anything at all. With nothing to go on, its hard

Is it worth building up a buffer of No Lynch votes to stop a sneaky lynch at the end of the day?
  • No Lynch has to reach majority in order to prevent a mob mentality lynch.  And once it does, it ends the day.

Basically, if we don't well and truly vote no lynch, SOMEONE gets lynched if there's a single lynch vote anywhere.

It's an interesting wrinkle to consider when gauging vote patterns.

• Ah, thanks, I'd misunderstood that too. So we need to keep an eye on the end of the day to stop last minute lunch votes but don't want to vote No Lynch too early as that kills the discussion.

Not that I have any evidence to contribute, so at the moment I'd be No Lynching.
    I say we vote Celina, just to keep up tradition.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I say we vote Celina, just to keep up tradition.
    That's kind of a crummy joke to float out when any votes could lead to a lynch.
  • Kalikai said:
    It's ok. I actually believe I know why she asked now. It took me a second to get it though.
    Why do you think she asked the question now? Do you think she was lying about misreading the rules?
    I do believe we should push forward with at least something, we are 31 hours away from a random lynch if we do not reach majority on no lynching.

I am going to go ahead and Vote No Lynch to at least move the ball forward in one direction. If I feel as if a majority no lynch is unable to be reached, I will change my vote. It is better for a lynch to happen to at least be a random educated guess from us rather than Vivet choosing.

We do know at least somethings happened last night, I'm not sure what applies as indirect kill methods, I would think it would be something like an Arson prep, a delayed kill or some like defensive kill. I did not have anything happen to me last night.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Kalikai said:
    Nothing solid, but I had some mice visit me last night while I was enjoying my jujube's.
    Any expansion on this? Did it seem friendly, scouting or unable to infer?