It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It was a dark and storm-free night in the town of Lusterniaville, which for years had been a pleasant and welcoming place where its citizens could live, learn, work, play, and grow.
A small group of Lusterniaville's citizens banded together into a secretive criminal organization known as the Mafia. Determined to seize control of the credit market, curio market, dingbat market, wonder crystal market, artifact market, Solstice crate market, aethergoop market, ikon market, doll market, candy market, cookie market, commodity market, and pony market in one fell swoop, they devised a bold, daring plan to sabotage the town from within. In order to ensure the ultimate success of their plan, though, the Mafia knew that they would have to assassinate anyone who might stand in their way.
Dun dun dun...
1. Voting must be in the form of ##Vote Player (for example, ##Vote Irillia) in the thread, or your vote will not be counted. I will post updated vote counts whenever I have the chance. If you wish to change your vote to someone else, please make a new post with the following format:
2. Day will last ?? hours, with a deadline of 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT. The player who has received the most votes in that time will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the person who received the most votes first will be lynched.
3. Night will last ?? hours, with a deadline of 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT. You may not post in the thread during Night phases. If you do not send in your Night actions before the deadline, it will count as no action.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, do not continue posting in the thread (unless your role explicitly allows this). A polite goodbye post is fine, as long as it is brief and contains no game-changing information.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or any PM you receive from the host.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. Do not edit your posts. Double-post instead if you want to clarify something.
9. Please be sportsmanlike and not rude or inflammatory, lest you spontaneously burst into flame. You will receive one warning.
10. Please post at least once per Day phase and vote every day while you are alive. The first time you fail to do so, you will receive a warning. The second time, you will be modkilled. However, if something comes up and you have to miss a Day phase, just inform me ahead of time and there shouldn't be a problem.
11. If you need to go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me to be put on the waitlist.
But There's a Twist...
Everyone will start out as either a vanilla townie, vanilla mafia, or vanilla third party. However, all players have a chance to secretly draft a special role before the game's first Day phase begins. The procedure for drafting will work like this:
1. At the beginning of the game, all players will receive a Vanilla role PM, which will contain their alignment. After receiving their Vanilla role PMs, players can start posting in the thread.
2. Players then have 24 hours to pick two numbers from 1-20 (for example, ) and PM them to me.
3. I will create a draft order based on everyone's numbers and the system described below.* If you do not send me any numbers, I will automatically place you at the bottom of the list. When the draft order is done, I will post the draft order in the thread.
4. After that, all players have another 24 hours to PM me with the role they want to select from the role list. Any role can go to any side. If you don't send in a role pick during that time, you will keep your Vanilla role.
5. Every player will receive the role that he or she selected. However, if two people select the same role, only the player who is higher in the draft order will get that role. The player lower in the draft order will be notified that their role has already been picked and they will keep their Vanilla role.
6. Once I have PMed everyone with their final roles and powers, then Day 1 will start.
*This is how I will create the draft order: The first number closest to 1 will be first in the draft order. However, if several players pick the same first number, they will all go to the bottom of the draft order. Then I would move on to the next lowest number (in this case, 2) and the same rules apply. If no other player has picked 2, then the person who picked 2 will become first in the draft order. This continues until I get to 20.
Now, the second number is used to determine who goes first, in the event of players picking the same first number. The lowest number of the second number goes first and so on. In the event players picked the same two numbers, I will once again reset them to the back of the queue (for the order they are in). In the event that your first and second numbers both clash with another player's numbers, you both go straight to the bottom of the order. So, if three players picked ,  and , the two players with  are bumped below the player that picked  along with the original bump. Ultimately, the most unique number combination will get priority.
- As most of you already know, mafia games are typically very active, so the thread will get long quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. Please consider if you have the time and patience to read the thread thoroughly when you sign up.
- Unlike previous games, this game will be extremely light on flavor text, particularly in PMs. If receiving colorful, elaborate, and/or mysterious flavor text in your PMs is a big part of why you enjoy playing mafia, then I'm sorry to say that you are bound to be disappointed and/or bored by this game.
- In addition to your sign-up, please let me know your preferences for how long a Day/Night cycle should last. I'm used to a 48-hour Day/24-hour Night, but I'm willing to extend or adjust those numbers to 72/24 hours, 72/48 hours, or 96/24 hours like Vivet's Very Vanilla game. Just let me know what you'd be comfortable with!