Netflix

discuss your Netflix shows and recommendations here

Comments

• If you like murder mysteries and have free time (the episodes are kinda long) I recommend Midsomer Murders. Also Bojack Horseman if you like cynical humor
  • edited June 2017
    Marco Polo - Gorgeous miniseries about Marco Polo's time in the Mongolian empire. It's more about the latter than just Marco Polo. The life of Genghis Khan and his family. Martial arts too.

The OA - if you like surreal/whimsical Life of Pi imagery and storytelling (TW: Contains violence, references to kidnapping)

Stranger Things - The 80s is back and beautiful, secrets abound, the government is evil.

The Last Kingdom - Vikings in England and the rise of Christianity

The Imitation Game - Movie with Benedict Cumberbatch about deciphering Enigma.

Agents of SHIELD - Agent Coulson and the folks doing damage control in the Avengers universe.

Sense8 - Thriller/Suspense about interlinked individuals from around the world, sadly discontinued. (TW: Contains violence and lots of sex)

The Lost Tomb - Live action version of the Chinese tomb raider chronicles comics. Zombies, ghosts, highborn families plotting, martial arts, if you like Indiana Jones stuff, it's pretty good. Also here if Netflix cleared it (you can turn off the running commentary in the upper right hand corner with the x-d speech bubble). It's kinda camp, but it has its charm.

El Internado - If you feel like watching hilarious a Castellan Spanish supernatural thriller version of a boarding school, and listening to the lisping >.> It has bits for adults and kids, I guess.

Velvet - Also Castellan Spanish, drama, hijinks, hilarity about a fashion house.

Not on Netflix but also would recommend: BBC's the Intruders. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04nf78f An actress that might be familiar if you watched Stranger Things. ;)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited June 2017

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thing to Watch: Sherlock.

Thing not to watch: Riverdale.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • House of Cards. The best political thriller I've ever seen. Oh, and Kevin Spacey. Admittedly, a good deal less entertaining (vs. fricking scary) in the present rl sociopolitical context...

Gotham. Nuff said.

Touch is aight if you are a die hard Kiefer Sutherland fan, but honestly I'm struggling to finish the season. ymmv

Person of Interest if you, like me, believe that Big Brother has been watching us for a very long time indeed

• Lemony Snicket. Clever and funny writing. It's about three orphans and is probably for children. It bummed me out for days and I can't wait for the next series.
  • edited June 2017
    Versalean said:
    House of Cards. The best political thriller I've ever seen. Oh, and Kevin Spacey. Admittedly, a good deal less entertaining (vs. fricking scary) in the present rl sociopolitical context...

Gotham. Nuff said.

Touch is aight if you are a die hard Kiefer Sutherland fan, but honestly I'm struggling to finish the season. ymmv

Person of Interest if you, like me, believe that Big Brother has been watching us for a very long time indeed

@Versalean Touch was fun when the Jackboxer app and Alternate Reality Game was still going. You could use the app to decode messages in the opening credits, as well as chat with other people via geolocation with the Jackboxer stickers. Precursor to Ingress and Pokemon Go.

The videos and site are now down, except for this one:

The companion Tumblr call to arms for fellow Jackboxers  (Veritas Lux Mea!), might be broken in some parts: http://jackboxers.tumblr.com/

Making of: http://designchapel.com/2012/07/07/jack/

Bear McCreary's Blog about his development of the score with the app (might contain series spoilers)
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/#blog/blog/other/daybreak/

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Sense8- Psychics. Gayness. Hot men everywhere all the time. UUUUNNNFFF

The Tudors- See above but with history. 

House of Cards- If you're into almost absurd conspiratorial political soap operas. Kevin Spacey is good, but Robin Wright is amazing.

The Great British Bakeoff- I don't know how Brits manage to be both hideously boring and deeply entertaining at the same time but it's addicting.

I also watch a lot of random WW2 documentaries

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I 100% co-recommend The Last Kingdom. The writing is amazing, the production is fantastic, the story is interesting and Uhtred is pretty scrumptious too.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• A big question I have right now is Why is the Grinch Stole Christmas trending right now on netflix x.x