[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Waiting for a good reply here. :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I wasn't really buying it until Shaddus decided a cagey reply was better then just denying it. ##Vote Shaddus

Vivet, I assume you're saying you went for Day vig?
    Not so much cagey as curious as to her reasoning. I'm vanilla townie, and unless  she's got some kinda role that feeds her false info, she's blatently lying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It feels more like a he said/she said as we don't have any way to confirm either of your claims. What is there to show you're vanilla townie?
    Othero said:
    It feels more like a he said/she said as we don't have any way to confirm either of your claims. What is there to show you're vanilla townie?
    Absolutely nothing. It's a bit hard to prove you're vanilla.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    To be fair, I can't really prove Shaddus is the dayvig serial killer either. But the potential pool is pretty small right now, and I'm more confident fingering at him than anyone else.

Yeah, Lehki was right to be suspicious about my claim. I didn't attempt to claim role investigator, I attempted to pick up dayvig. Dayvig was already claimed, though, and I'm a vanilla.

And I think it's safe to say dayvig ain't town at this point. They can literally shut me up and end this discussion at any point, and the only advantage to holding onto it now would be for scum purposes.

Now I'm sure some of you might be thinking, "What if Vivet actually is the dayvig?". What, you think it'd be smart for me to gamble on making it to the next day and neither getting lynched/nightkilled instead of using it right now? Maybe you do, but I ain't followin' that logic.

For about that same reason, though, I'm expecting to get lynched either way. Most of you want to know what me role is with certainty. Voting Shaddus was more for dramatic effect. Whether or not my partner offs him in the night is out of my control, but since I lack other means of emphasizing the value in this strategy I had to do it here, in the open.

Granted, if Shaddus really isn't the dayvig serial killer and the serial killer wins, that'd be pretty hilarious. And if I shut down the serial killer in this manner, that'd also be pretty hilarious. Feels like a win/win for the purposes of entertainment, if nothing else.

Riddle me this, Shaddy-poo. If you genuinely are vanilla town, why not vote on me? Why tip-toe around the situation? Something about that doesn't quite feel Shaddus-like to me. Town Shaddus would be more retaliative.

On that note, if all ya'll are ready to dive into one craaaaaazy night, then vote for me, and I'll switch my vote to myself to keep this show on the road. Why not vote for myself now, you ask? Because I want to be the final vote, duh. If I'm going to be overbearing and demanding, might as well take it to its limits.

(How many games does this make now, where Vivet is baiting voting for herself/getting herself killed? 3? 4? I've lost count now.)

/chin

Yeah, you're right. I must be the dayvig.

#Vote: Shaddus
    WELL THEN.

That's one way to steal my thunder.

I think you should all vote for SHADDUS and kill three birds with one stone.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Shaddus said:
    Trying to claim Mad Hatter? Would be funny if that's what Vivet really went for, and she's doing this Dayvig bluff to try to get people to blow you up. 
    Shaddus' vote was his third vote, so we'll find out soon enough either way.
    Vivet said:
    Shaddus' vote was his third vote, so we'll find out soon enough either way.
    Hm? The day is still on until Saturday evening. And I still think we should kill you. You said yourself that you still have a partner who could kill Shaddus tonight. If he is the SK, that's the biggest threat to both our sides still remaining, so I don't see why they wouldn't.
    Oh wait, you're right. I forgot the game's rules again.

This game's just had me flaking out left and right, ha.

But yeah, seems like a good divide. Shaddus or I, take your pick.

Y'all  should trust me more. It's like you people think I'm crazy or something.

#Unvote

Maybe Vivet is the Mad Bomber and has a bomb on me. Maybe I'm the Mad Bomber and have a bomb on Vivet. Maybe Phoebus is secretly a pigeon and will bomb us all.

Maybe there's no Mad Bomber and Vivet is snowing you all with her claim that "someone took dayvig before I could", but she actually took it herself.
    No unicorns, though. Definitely not any unicorns.
    Regardless of what powers you people have, Vivet is without a doubt a member of the mafia, so we should helpfully file the info she's given us away for future use, and then kill her. If she flips vanilla, we can assume someone above her got the power she wanted, whether that power was Dayvig or not.

Though I am curious, why does Shaddus have to be the one who got Dayvig, if Vivet's proposal is true? Othero, who was also before her in the draft order, is still alive, and I don't think he ever claimed anything - correct me if I'm wrong, I can't go looking for it right now.
    Phoebus said
    Regardless of what powers you people have, Vivet is without a doubt a member of the mafia, so we should helpfully file the info she's given us away for future use, and then kill her. If she flips vanilla, we can assume someone above her got the power she wanted, whether that power was Dayvig or not.

Though I am curious, why does Shaddus have to be the one who got Dayvig, if Vivet's proposal is true? Othero, who was also before her in the draft order, is still alive, and I don't think he ever claimed anything - correct me if I'm wrong, I can't go looking for it right now.

Maybe Othero is her aforementioned partner? He's historically been an aggressive player, but he jumped on me pretty quickly when she tried to pull her bluff.
  • Day 5 Vote Count

Vivet - 1
    Phoebus

Shaddus - 2
    Vivet
    Othero

Non-Voters - 3
    Lehki
    Falaeron
    Shaddus

Given how small the game is now, I am more than okay with making Day phases last 48 hours (which would mean Day 5 would end tomorrow in approximately 23 hours), rather than the current 72 hours. I would still prefer that everyone place their vote before Day ends. Anyone not in favor of shortening the Day phase?
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
    I see no problem with that!
  • Ok so I'm convinced that Shaddus and Vivet are both scum, just trying to figure out this mad bomber mess, hrm.

Mad bomber doesn't really make sense for the SK, doesn't help them win since they have no team mates. So do not think SK Shaddus would take it.

So then is Shaddus the other mafia and this whole mess was planned out ahead of time? In that case I don't think he would have even mentioned bomber. So yeah think it's safe to lynch Shaddus. Sort of.

If we lynch SK then mafia probably wins tonight by getting numbers down to 2v2,(unless Shaddus is dayvig and decides to off Vivet before lynch goes through) If we lynch a mafia though, and the remaining mafia doesn't off the SK in the night, then the SK will probably win by starting to kill. Remember, they win when it's them vs 2. 

Also Othero is probably the other mafia and the prince of night.

Sooooo, I think that's where we're at right now
    Why are we assuming we have a dayvig?
    Lehki said:
    Ok so I'm convinced that Shaddus and Vivet are both scum, just trying to figure out this mad bomber mess, hrm.

Mad bomber doesn't really make sense for the SK, doesn't help them win since they have no team mates. So do not think SK Shaddus would take it.

So then is Shaddus the other mafia and this whole mess was planned out ahead of time? In that case I don't think he would have even mentioned bomber. So yeah think it's safe to lynch Shaddus. Sort of.

If we lynch SK then mafia probably wins tonight by getting numbers down to 2v2,(unless Shaddus is dayvig and decides to off Vivet before lynch goes through) If we lynch a mafia though, and the remaining mafia doesn't off the SK in the night, then the SK will probably win by starting to kill. Remember, they win when it's them vs 2. 

Also Othero is probably the other mafia and the prince of night.

Sooooo, I think that's where we're at right now

Just as an aside, Phoebus is the first person to mention Bomber on this current day. Not me.
  • We're not assuming anything we're speculating possible ways this could play out and also you know why
  • Shaddus said:
    No she's not. 
    I didn't actually mention Bomber. Any assumptions you make are your own fault. Welcome to Mafia.

And unless I'm mistaken, we're assuming dayvig because a person you suspect to be scum (And likely to lie) says she tried to get dayvig but someone else already had it. I hate to WIFOM this, but come on.
    Actually, I do think I'll WIFOM this a bit.

Vivet is smart. Crazy smart, and a bit chaotic. I don't think her bluff was done in haste, but I also don't think she expected me to call her on it.

Now, I'd call this a mistake for most people, a slip up of sorts and perhaps done out of desperation. But Vivet doesn't usually get desperate, and this combined with her openly and casually claiming that she has a partner leads me to believe that she wants attention. Maybe a bomber, maybe not, but I don't think any of her actions were unintentional.

• edited July 2017
    I haven't heard any objections, so I will be shortening Day phases to 48 hours and ending this current Day phase at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT on Friday, July 14. Please finalize your votes by then! Sorry for not thinking of this earlier, and thank you all for your forbearance.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Okay, not spending any more time on Shaddus' rambling.

I think Vivet is still the best option for today. If we lynch the SK, we're handing the game over to the Mafia and that's it. If we take out Vivet, we might still end up losing but remaining mafia will have to kill the SK tonight to have any chance of winning, and I think that's the best option we have as Town.

##Vote: Vivet
  • All of this just sounds like conjecture/an attempt at confusing everyone.

##Vote: Vivet