[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• Lehki first mentioned the usefulness of possible draft clash, and I think mafia would be less likely to, unless it didn't really affect them. So fine for now and we'll see how it falls later. He was also last to pick a power so possibly less threatening?
  • Another possibility for Ellowyn - no serial killer deaths on two nights whilst she was away. That could be coincidence, with blocking/medics etc, but it might not be.
  • It does look pretty shady for Ellowyn. The reason I didn't vote for her is because if she is the serial killer and would potentially get modkilled, then we should use that opportunity to root out more scum.

But since she has responded and voted, removing the potential of a modkill, she's probably a good bet to vote for

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Ellowyn

I'll again note that Celina was a low-risk, high reward lynch in that if she wasn't scum, she'd likely be vanilla. If she ended up being scum, because maybe it was so stupid to take that role it was brilliant. Ellowyn carries some more risk as she's likely got a role if she's not SK/scum.

• and just to check, we have an hour or two left right?
  • Midnight GMT, so one hour and fifteen minutes.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ellowyn fulfills my criteria as someone who voted for Fyler, and that is a potential point about the missing kills. Could be nothing, but I gotta vote for someone and I'm more interested in seeing her flip now than my other options. So, ##Vote: Ellowyn.
  • unvote
    Vote: Ellowyn

I'm adding Kalikai to my short list, the arguments continue to be too flimsy for me to take as a real town position.

Currently, there's no argument against me as mafia other than a superficial one regarding the name of a power. Once that is removed, the probability of me being mafia is the same for anyone else for which we have no real reason to suspect other than they are playing the game. I exist, therefor it's possible. 

I mean, sure, maybe I'm diabolical enough to pick the most obvious mafia power that I drew attention to before the game even started and play the "it's too obvious" card. Mwahaha etc etc.

However, double night is a pretty great power for the mafia (maybe less valuable used as early as the mafia did, but valuable none the less), the chance that virtually every member of the game (except the one person behind me) would not try to pick it up before me is slim to none. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Similar to Arix picking up godfather, I have a hard time buying the number of seasoned mafia game players here would chance leaving great mafia powers on the table for the next to last player to pick up.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    ##Vote: Ellowyn

Sorry, love, but it looks like you're our best option. Sorry that it got brought about by something out of your control.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Fyler said:
    unvote
    Vote: Ellowyn

I'm adding Kalikai to my short list, the arguments continue to be too flimsy for me to take as a real town position.

Currently, there's no argument against me as mafia other than a superficial one regarding the name of a power. Once that is removed, the probability of me being mafia is the same for anyone else for which we have no real reason to suspect other than they are playing the game. I exist, therefor it's possible. 

I mean, sure, maybe I'm diabolical enough to pick the most obvious mafia power that I drew attention to before the game even started and play the "it's too obvious" card. Mwahaha etc etc.

However, double night is a pretty great power for the mafia (maybe less valuable used as early as the mafia did, but valuable none the less), the chance that virtually every member of the game (except the one person behind me) would not try to pick it up before me is slim to none. 

I agree it's flimsy, hence my vote change. I was mostly voting based on the low risk, which is a point I mentioned several times now, and pointed out that Ellowyn holds a greater risk in that it's likely she has a power. Lets not focus on a tiny portion of my actual reasoning.
  • I'm afraid that I was too much of a stiff-necked host to allow some of the weird stuff Sylandra did try to invent. A list will definitely be coming in the post-game!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • edited July 2017
    Final Vote Count for Day 2

Fyler - 2

Shaddus
    Ellowyn

Ellowyn - 6
    Vivet
    Dys
    Kalikai
    Phoebus
    Fyler
    Tremula

No Lynch - 1
    Othero

Lehki  - 1
    Falaeron

Non-Voters - 2
    Silvanus (unvoted from Fyler)
    Lehki (unvoted from Fyler)
  • edited July 2017

Night Two

Buoyed up by waves of confusion and paranoia, a few puzzled citizens of Lusterniaville sought to find some meaning behind the unexpected eclipse that had darkened the skies. Despite the uncertain, undecided mood of the town, they finally decided to pin the blame upon Ellowyn, who had been mysteriously absent the past two days. Deciding that her disappearance and subsequent reemergence were simply too suspicious to ignore, the town summarily brought her to the gallows and lynched her, only to watch her blue townie blood pouring from her corpse.

===

[no flavor zone]

Ellowyn, the Town Role Detective has been lynched.

It is now Night Two. If your role includes Night actions, please send them to me before the end of Night. Night Two will end in about 24 hours from now at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT on July 4.

Also, happy July 4th, everyone! May the Fourth be with you.

• edited July 2017

Day Three

After a late night of finger-pointing, quarrelling, and eventual lynching, many of the businesses in Lusterniaville stirred somewhat sluggishly to life the next morning. The seven-star restaurant on the ground floor of the Triple Junction Resort and Spa hummed with activity as room service orders started coming in. The resort staff shook their heads as they worked, grumbling about how---even in the midst of town-wide chaos---people still wanted hot coffee and breakfast at the break of dawn.

On the fourth floor of the resort, Dys caught her breath as she staggered through the corridor. Climbing all those stairs with a heavy tray of food in hand was not what she had signed up for when she took this job a month ago. The elevators had gone out of order two weeks after she joined the staff. Now, every room service order from above the second floor was a trial of strength, stamina, balance, and teeth-clenched patience.

"Ugh," she complained. "Who needs to eat this much food this early in the morning?"

Pulling herself together, Dys knocked on the door of the proper room. No one answered. Feeling annoyed, she knocked harder, but there was still no response. After pounding on the door for the third time, she began contemplating either kicking the door down entirely or just leaving the tray next to the door, when suddenly the decision was made for her.

From inside the room, she heard a loud bang as a shotgun blast tore the door from its frame and bullets slammed into her through the thin wood, knocking her to the ground. Her vision blurred and her mind reeled with shock as she unsteadily tried to climb back onto her feet. She managed to stagger a short distance the hallway before she heard someone's steps thudding behind her. There was an incongruously cheerful little "ding" sound, followed by a low "whoosh", and then the unseen stranger gave Dys a powerful shove forward. She braced herself for impact, but the ground never came.

Instead, she kept falling and falling into a seemingly endless void. Slowly, the reason for what happened became clear to her pain-fogged mind: she had been pushed down one of the empty elevator shafts and was falling to her death. In her last moments of life, Dys' mind and vision cleared for an instant, allowing her to look up and see a shadowy figure pause at the edge of the elevator shaft, throw the shotgun down into the darkness, and walk away.

===

[no flavor zone]

Dys, the Vanilla Townie has died.

It is now Day Three. Day will end in 72 hours on July 7 at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 Central/11:59 GMT, at which point voting will be closed and the game will move to Night Three. Remember, the voting syntaxes are ##Vote Player and #Unvote Player.

• We are in so much trouble.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well at least I have some good news.

I am your vote detective, and thanks to the quick lynch on Ellowyn I know that 2 out of the 6 people that voted for her are mafia. And one of those six are dead. So out of that list:

Fyler, Phoebus, Vivet, Tremula and Kalikai are mafia.

Cross referencing the thought process of the mafia wanted to pick earlier numbers and they could coordinate and make sure they don't clash with their numbers, leaves me to do a quick vote.

##Vote Kalikai

Both Kalikai and I picked 2. My role is vote detective, I even hinted to this being my role when I mentioned to Tarkenton that there is an investigator with a one shot ability so it would be reasonable for them to claim early.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    To round out the list of suspects versus the numbers they choose:

Phoebus the suspect choose the same number as Othero.

Vivet and Fyler, the other suspects, choose the same number as Lehki.

Tremula the suspect did not reveal what number, but seeing as how they are draft number 4, it is likely they choose a later number in the draft order.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I can get on board with this, but not just because of the clash, but because Kalikai was initially on board with lynching Fyler but quickly switched to Ellowyn near the end, which kind of started the lynch train on her.

##Vote Kalikai
    Oooh. Well, now's a great time for me to claim. I'm the Town Copycat! Which means I'm the Town Godfather, thanks to Arix being the first to die. I was convinced this power would be completely useless to us, but now it's maybe not so useless as I feared! The power makes me immune to votechecks. This means that even if I was a baddie, I wouldn't be one of the two pinging your vote investigation. It narrows our options down whether you trust my alignment or not. Super!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh, this is a great turn of events. I could have claimed earlier, but since it's fairly difficult to verify now that our role detector is dead, I can at least confirm my vote. I'm a vanilla Townie - I chose 8/3 for my draft numbers (like I said, anyone who knows me would know  that's my first and second favourite number), and I tried to get inventor but Tarkenton/Sylandra nabbed it from me. That leaves us with Fyler and Vivet, and my money is more on Vivet than on Fyler.

##Vote: Kalikai

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well, what to say.

I switched my vote from Fyler to Ellowyn after 1) numerous other people did, signifying that the train was dead and 2) because it was flimsy reasoning . I also wasn't a quick switch, I has stayed on Fyler for most the day period, but once I realized that Ellowyn wasn't going to modkilled, it seemed more reasonable to pursue that path thinking she was the SK. Others agreed with it too.

As for my role, I'm simply a Vanilla townie, I attempted to get the Bad Santa role to keep it out of scum hands, but I missed it. If Tremula and Falaeron are what they say they are, then that means Bad Santa is Shaddus.

I'm going to vote for ##Vote: Tremula because I find it pretty convenient that Tremula is decently high up and claiming vanilla townie with an easy to see role that we cannot possibly verify. It'd be easy for me to claim that I went for role detective. She fits the vote criteria as well 
  • Falaeron said:
    I can get on board with this, but not just because of the clash, but because Kalikai was initially on board with lynching Fyler but quickly switched to Ellowyn near the end, which kind of started the lynch train on her.

##Vote Kalikai
    This is some pretty weak reasoning, Kalikai switched to Ellowyn when everyone else did because Fyler looked clean and we were very short on time. 

Silvanus said:
    Well at least I have some good news.

I am your vote detective, and thanks to the quick lynch on Ellowyn I know that 2 out of the 6 people that voted for her are mafia. And one of those six are dead. So out of that list:

Fyler, Phoebus, Vivet, Tremula and Kalikai are mafia.

Cross referencing the thought process of the mafia wanted to pick earlier numbers and they could coordinate and make sure they don't clash with their numbers, leaves me to do a quick vote.

##Vote Kalikai

Both Kalikai and I picked 2. My role is vote detective, I even hinted to this being my role when I mentioned to Tarkenton that there is an investigator with a one shot ability so it would be reasonable for them to claim early.
    This however doesn't seem very weak. ##Vote Kalikai

• Actually, I got my information wrong, I thought Falaeron claimed copycat, but it was actually Phoebus, so either Shaddus or Falaeron is Bad Santa

My bad, I misread.
  • Okay so hears a list of the claims so far. Italicized the ones that are mod confirmed.

Draft Order Results

1. Sylandra -  Inventor

2. Arix - Godfather

3. Ellowyn - Role Detective

4. Tremula - Inventor Vanilla

5. Falaeron - ???

6. Dys - Vanilla 

7. Shaddus - ???

8. Kalikai - Bad Santa Vanilla

9. Silvanus - Vote Detective

10. Othero - ???

11. Phoebus - Copycat => Godfather

12. Vivet - ???

13. Fyler - Copycat Vanilla

14. Lehki - ???

Still processing, but of those 5 Silvanus listed I think that Vivet has been oddly quiet this game, for her. 

• Just popping in to say "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!"

*SPLAT*
    Good god I wish I could edit my inability to type out the right choice, this is why you don't do things inebriated.

I do believe that Kalikai is vanilla, but I am not sure on alignment. If I were a townie in a position of Tark or Arix, I would probably choose powerful mafia role as a defensive tactic like Arix did.

So if Shaddus or Flareon are bad santa, that doesn't automatically assume guilt.

The farther you get from the top while still picking mafia roles leaves me suspicious. After Kalikai, my next best guess is Vivet.

Also as a note, since Phoebus is Godfather, it is possible there are 3 mafia in the list.
    Still thinking! Just figured I'd post where my head's at right now.

At the moment I'm mostly between Kalikai and Tremula. Kalikai is basically always pinging my scum radar with how aggressive she plays, so I have trouble reading her. Tremula bugged me when she refused to share her draft numbers back when literally everyone else was doing so, when the only thing an incomplete picture of the draft numbers was accomplishing was town confusion. Now they've been shared, but well beyond the time at which it was most relevant.
    Lehki said:

Vivet has been oddly quiet this game, for her.

Hmm, hasn't this been a scum tell for her before?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't know what a bad santa is, but that's not who I am.

##VOTE:KALIKAI
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.