A common theme keeps cropping up: People want to see more goop artifacts! Having more available will be good for everyone; it's an alternate tradeable currency that can take the place of credits, but it is incredibly devalued right now because there is a limit on what you can buy with it. We, as players, actually have the power to fix this problem.
I'm hoping that if there's a place with the requirements listed out and where people can discuss and plan, we might see some more gains on this front.
Here's what is needed:
1) People who want a specific artifact in the goop-shop! You need to request the artifact(s) you'd like to see there.
2) A designer! This can either be you, or by request of someone else. Sometimes designers like some acknowledgement / payment for their work, so this will have to be negotiated between you if necessary. But keep in mind that whatever you design will become a permanent artifact in the game that others will be able to buy and enjoy, too.
3) 2,000 aethergoop! This does not all have to be from the same person, however. If you've got other people who want the same skin design, you can work together to pool your resources and get it listed.
4) Someone who actually owns the base version of the artifact in question! This one's easy enough to find. It can be anyone who owns that artifact. Even if that person doesn't want your skin in the end, they can always just reskin it back to the original.
5) Patience! Once submitted, you need to wait for our friendly neighbourhood admin-folk to review the customization request and approve it.
I'm willing to volunteer any of my artifacts up for skinning purposes to get them on the list, and I'm sure many others are as well.
Naming credit goes to Sabnoc.