The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• VOTE  @Portius until proven otherwise. (I flipped a coin)

I was hit by a bus & got sidd instead
  • VOTE PORTIUS @Sylandra
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2017
    Vote Count:
    @Thyelleia: Sidd (1)
    @Portius: Ordassa (1)

With eight alive, it takes five to reach majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Thyelleia will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Four will end at 10/10, Tuesday, at 2:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Who did you target @Ordassa?

My feeling is that means either Portius or Cyndarin is the busdriver. At this point, I'm guessing Cyndarin, but if it's not Cyndarin, then that makes it more interesting
    Unvote:
    Vote Portius

since Thyellia was jailed last night.

• Oh, it could be Kelly too.
  • I tried to track @Portius @Sidd

• Ordassa said:
    I can confirm @Sidd visited no one last night
    Ordassa said:
    I tried to track @Portius @Sidd

???
  • Portius said:
    Well, this exploded while I wasn't paying attention.

Walk me through the argument for lynching Trem. I'm about 75% confident that Trem is town, but I also recognize that there's basically no way to verify this for other people. And it could have been someone else targeting me, although I'd have expected them to counterclaim if that was the case.

But I can do some double checking for my own benefit. @Tremula would you say that your role is someone who flies?
    can portius detect the name of the character you play?
  • Lehki said:
    Ordassa said:
    I can confirm @Sidd visited no one last night
    Ordassa said:
    I tried to track @Portius got @Sidd instead

???

• I tried to track @Portius got @Sidd instead
    #postfail
    Vote Count:
    @Portius: Ordassa, Sidd (2)

Based on the current votes, @Portius will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Four will end at 10/10, Tuesday, at 2:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ah okay, that's interesting. Sounds like the busdriver was active again last night then. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    And here I was hoping that I could be subtle and still nudge things the right way without outing my power. Direct way it is, then.

My role is Ashitaka, from Princess Mononoke.

I'm a power cop. The town's version of Yarith, except that I don't get to janitor anyone. I investigate someone, and I get their power. I do not get their alignment. So, for example, I can't tell the difference between a serial killer and a vigilante.

Here are my night actions:

N1:Vivet, but I got jailed by Shaddus and nothing happened.
    N2:Ordassa, confirmed that he was a tracker.
    N3: Lehki. He's the arsonist.

Do with this information what you will.

VOTE: LEHKI
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I don't understand why you would have looked at Ordassa night two. He was pretty much already confirmed.... seems like you had better options.

It's a strong claim, but it's rather convenient at the same time.

Did Lehki ever say who he targetted N2 and who he was redirected to? I'd be interested to hear that. and his defense to this claim.

Vote Count:
    @Portius: Ordassa, Sidd (2)
    @Lehki: Portius (1)

Based on the current votes, @Portius will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sidd said:
    I don't understand why you would have looked at Ordassa night two. He was pretty much already confirmed.... seems like you had better options.

I'm not sure that he was confirmed at that point. Leaving aside the weird fishing that he did, since I can write that off as a person being new, the order of information confirmed me.

I said that I had been targeted.
    Ordassa said that he had seen someone target someone else, and that target did not die.
    When pressed, Ordassa said he saw who targeted me, but didn't say who that was.
    Shaddus admits to targeting me.

Ordassa only came out and said things that lined up with what other people had already said, instead of providing things that were purely new. That's not a hug deal on its own, since somebody has to go first and confirmation is useful, but it does mean that I wasn't quite positive that Ordassa was telling the truth. Chalk it up to me being cautious. So, in the absence of anyone else who had really caught my eye as a great pick, I figured I should check up and confirm that role.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Well, we basically lynched Tremula for trying to lynch Ordassa because at least myself and a few others felt Ordassa was confirmed enough, so to then investigate him the night after is odd. 

I mean, the only 'new information' here that you are offering is claiming Lehki is the arsonist. So there really isn't any solid backing here, you have the easy pass with the N1 jailing and investigating Ordassa is the safe claim.  It's almost too safe. As I said, I'm not discounting it entirely, but it really is super convenient. 
  • Well obviously have to call bullshit on that.

Vote: Portius.

So I unfortunately don't have much in the way of solid proof for my defense, but I'll go ahead and admit that I'm Howl, which was the main reason I was against Kelly's calcifer/howl lovers theory. When Sao admitted he was lovers I got a little paniced that maybe Kelly was right and it was some weird set up where I was secretly linked to him.

On N2 I tried to visit Othero but got Kelly instead.

My role is basically a Jack-of-all-trades, I have a few one shot powers.
  • What did you try to do when you visited Othero?

Did you try to visit someone last night?
  • I was taking a shot in the dark hoping to get lucky with an investigation power. Kelly reads as town, but after the way day 2 was going o started wondering if she was an investigation immune godfather playing aggressively trying to get attention, which is why I poked at her a bit. 

Did nothing last night.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Eh. Arsonist is toothless tonight since they got an itchy trigger finger last night. Do they'll need to tag someone else (tonight) before the blow them up (at least 2 nights away). 

So good news is our arsonist is bad, and we don't need to solve Lehki vs Portius today.  
  • UNVOTE PORTIUS
  • UNVOTE PORTIUS
  • Do you have a better thread to pursue right now, Celina? 

Also, just to pick at Portius' claim a little, I don't quite get Ashitaka as a role cop. Every other role has fit the character pretty well, though that's just nitpicking over flavor I guess.

The thing that bothers me more though, is that Yarith got the "identity and ability", but apparently Portius doesn't get the name, just the power? Looked back and Ordassa has never actually revealed what character he is so that's another convenient bit to his claim.
  • @Lehki i said i knew who targeted@Portius. it was shaddus. @Shaddus confirmed it. This was day one. I am the tracker. We solved that already. I am not calcifer Lehki.
  • I'm not saying you're calcifer. We know you have the tracker role, but you never told us what ghibli character you. 
  • And just to be extra clear, I'm saying it's suspicious that Portius' power doesn't learn your name, not that you're suspicious Ordassa.
    edited October 2017
    Vote Count:
    @Portius: Sidd, Lehki (2)
    @Lehki: Portius (1)

Daraius said:
  • (you missed Lehki voting for Portius @Sylandra)

I too am curious about what path we should move towards today if not trying to figure out the Lehki/Portius one.

• hmmm.... I will jump on the bandwagon, until otherwise proven

VOTE LEHKI