The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Sooo we have an arsonist. So at least 4, reasonably assuming 3 mafia and 1 arsonist. 
  • Sorry about ending day one, my math was really off
  • Sorry about ending day one, my math was really off
  • So did anyone see anything last night that would point to being marked by an arsonist?

• I didn't, but wasn't there a fire spirit in one of the movies? I wanna say Howls moving castle

• Yeah, Calcifer
  • Poor little Ponyo :(
    There are also soot spirits in Spirited Away. Though Calcifer seems more likely since he's more flame-like.
  • Ponyo's cute but did anyone see anything fishy last night?

• Kinda sucks to lose the firefighter n1, but at least we have confirmation of an arsonist being present. Will agree that Calcifer seems a likely suspect, can't really think of any other fire-themed characters.

Don't have anything useful to report from last night, hopefully somebody else saw something.
  • Nothing to report from me either. Sorry
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • There's also Kamaji, but Calcifer seems more likely
  • I know someone targetted another but no one died from that action.
  • Kinda sounds like you're saying you're a Tracker?
  • Cough up info @Arix
  • Like what? I didn't see anything weird, and as far as I know I wasn't targetted with any night actions
  • Ordasaa, I think you need to clarify a little more if you're trying to pressure Arix.

It sounds like you're saying you are a tracker who saw Arix target somebody who did not die last night. If that is the case, that just tells us Arix is not Silvanus' killer, which doesn't really mean much at this stage. Could mean arsonist.  Could mean pretty much any town player. Could be mafia using non-lethal power.
  • nah Lehki I am just fishing
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    A point to take note of before we make any more arsonist speculation.

It is common to assume an arsonist is an independent third party/serial killing sort, but we do have precedence for an arsonist being a (powerful) addition to a mafia. Queen Elizabeth was a godmother with an arsonist mark, and the added caveat that the mafia could not perform a night kill and mark someone on the same night - it was either one or the other.

If no one reports any mysterious night results that don't indicate a particular role action, then it might be that the arsonist is a part of the mafia with similar limitations to arson usage. But it's too early to really guess at that, and I'm sure time will tell us more.

That said, I have no indication that I was targetted by any effects or abilities last night.

And if you similarly have had no indication, it might be good to report that for due emphasis. Flavour and the extent of night results vary a lot from game to game, and I believe Sylandra has started to gravitate towards keeping them more sparse so that it doesn't become too easy for us to reconstruct the exact mapping of all night actions point by point. Checking in on this might help us figure out where this game stands in that general trend.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I can say that I did get targeted by a night action last night. The fluff was present, but minimal. Probably not enough to get a role name from it, even for someone who actually knows the company.

I did get the power's effect, for what it's worth. I'm generally inclined to stay quiet about the details at this point, since I don't like letting scum know what roles are in play if I don't have to, and I don't think it can really help our decisions at this stage. But I can say if we decide that it's necessary.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I didn't receive any indication that I was doused last night. Vivet raises a good point regarding the potential alignment of an arsonist. There's no reason not to announce if you've been doused if you're aware of it, right?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Portius said:
    I can say that I did get targeted by a night action last night. The fluff was present, but minimal. Probably not enough to get a role name from it, even for someone who actually knows the company.

I did get the power's effect, for what it's worth. I'm generally inclined to stay quiet about the details at this point, since I don't like letting scum know what roles are in play if I don't have to, and I don't think it can really help our decisions at this stage. But I can say if we decide that it's necessary.
    Well, that's good to know even without specifics on the power in question. Thank you.
  • me neither.  Idont know if  Iwas targetted by a power last night

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ordassa said:
    nah Lehki I am just fishing

Sigh.
    Vote: Ordassa

It is waaaaaay too early for this, sorry.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Portius said:

Did the fluff seem minimal like the power/effect failed somehow? Or did the effect just not seem that strong?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I mean that I know exactly what the power that targeted me was, but I didn't get much narrative out of it. Like, in past games, you could look at the description that came when you got targeted and hazard a guess at the role that did it. In this one, nowhere near enough information to link it to a specific character.

So to fix that somewhat mediocre phrasing: I was hit by a power, and it came with a description of the mechanical impact. There was a narrative description, but it was small and uninformative.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I was not targeted by an action last night.

Maybe it would be useful to speculate a bit about the arsonist's alignment, going under the assumption that it could be Calcifer. I haven't seen that movie, but I did a little google-fu and he doesn't seem inherently evil. I'm more inclined to think he could be third party, and maybe even have a teammate in Howl? Though I dunno, I guess he is a "fire-demon" which could be mafia-esque. I'd be interested to hear any theories on it, if anyone is a bit more informed, unless we don't think we can draw conclusions along the lines of movie contexts. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Ordassa will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Nothing happened to me, not sure what to make of anything here.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ordassa said:
    nah Lehki I am just fishing

Sigh.
    Vote: Ordassa

It is waaaaaay too early for this, sorry.

Why? shaddus why! wouldnt one of the mafia stay silent at this point?

@Portius mechanical impact?  Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke (guns and iron) ? the castle from Howl's_Moving_Castle (calcifer powers this) ? maybe a character from castle in the sky.?