The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• @Sylandra you forgot ordassa's vote
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ordassa said:
    @Sylandra is this allowed?

Vote Arix
    Sorry, missed that! Edited earlier vote count to account for it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote: Ordassa

I'll probably rescind this sooner/later but for a lack of absolutely anything else to do or discuss, we might as well get some kind of confirmation on the tracker claim.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • (Also I'm still relatively new to mafia, I just read back and saw Tremula call it a watcher but I thought it was called a tracker earlier. Whatever it is.)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Portius what did this power do to you?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus, Arix, Yarith (3)
    @Arix: Ordassa (1)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Ordassa will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I see a who but not a what.
  • Portius already stated that he didn't feel it was necessary to explain what the power was at this point, and I'm inclined to agree with him. We don't need to be outting powers this early on, it just gives mafia too much info to work with.
  • good point @Lehki. Well then, I will refrain from singing like a canary for the now.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The main distinction between a watcher and a tracker is that a watcher chooses someone and sees everyone that acts on them, but generally not HOW they're acted upon. A tracker chooses a person, and follows them to see whom they act upon, but once again not how they act upon the target.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm very conflicted on what to think from this discussion. Would it not be a good idea to wait until the next night to see what else Ordassa can track/watch before we decide on what to do with her? 
    (I'm a really new to mafia and I the watcher/tracker thing seems useful?)
  • Ordassa is a male character.
    @saobutt, if we do let Ordassa live it is not likely they will get another night. As Lehki as said, Portius should not say what power was enacted upon him, because if he does and Ordassa confirms such a thing, then we have two town powers outed. Right now, it appears people want to pressure Ordassa to try and confirm the tracker information, which he has not yet confirmed.

So once again, @Ordassa, if you'd like some heat off of your back, please say very clearly who you saw get targetted. At this point I think it's Portius, from how Ordassa's been pressing him for information, and I'll keep my thoughts on that to myself for now.

• @Tremula psh! as you say i am dead either way. if i sing, i am dead for sure. i will wait a little longer. then we are all down two. less protection for the rest
  • That doesn't make sense, if you're dead either way and you are town, doesn't it make sense to give us as much information as possible before you die?
  • You are not dead either way @Ordassa.

First you have to give people a reason to keep you alive.

Second you must give them a reason to keep you alive.

If you are what you say you are, yours is a role worth keeping. So now you have to prove it
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
    @Ordassa, since you're new to mafia I'll explain the thought process. 

You are currently a dead man walking, by both town and mafia standards. You are not being of incredible use of town, giving us a safe lynch. However, if we choose to focus on someone else for the remainder of the day phases then it's likely the mafia will kill you tonight to have your power out of the way and to prevent you from accidentally seeing something useful.

However, if you become of use to the town by giving us as much information as is safe to do (which I have asked for twice now very clearly) then it is likely that you, as one of the likely-townies and likely-to-give-us-more-info-players will find a town protective power on you, should one exist. Ess is correct, Sidd is correct. Just tell us who was acted upon so they can confirm whether or not they received a night message of any sorts. Otherwise, you'll be lynched.

• Those two reasons may be the same. Firstly i should add today. And secondly I should have added in future
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Thanks for clearing that up @Tremula.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Tremula you've convinced me

yes it was@Portius

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I'm so lost.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ordassa said:
    @Tremula you've convinced me

yes it was@Portius

Are you saying that you targeted me with a power that let you see who I targeted last night, or that you saw someone who used their power on me? The distinction is important.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm doubtful that Ordassa got lucky enough to target Portius with a power on the very night Portius is apparently targetted. Either Ordassa''s power is passive, or he's full of it
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Nope @Shaddus I am not full of it. I know who targetted him and I rather not say because it would out another. Luck would be seeing who killed ponyo.
  • sounded like a vague statement that got amended when someone mentioned that they got targeted by something
  • It's like when a psychic says 'I'm sensing a loved one whose name starts with... T?' and someone in the audience jumps up and goes 'Yes! My husband's name was Thomas!'
  • I didnt target Portius. never said I did. I slipped into the pocket of the eprson who hit portius with a power
  • @Portius was what you got hit with a blocker?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ordassa said:
    @Portius was what you got hit with a blocker?
    Do we want me to provide this information? I can do it if there's a compelling reason, but I'm not seeing what it could confirm if Ordassa only watched the person who targeted me.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Unvote, Vote:Nobody

I'm going to be honest, I'm a little lost.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it