The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• @Tremula - it was pretty bad and it screams scummy to me.

At this point, everyone kept saying 'don't reveal don't reveal don't reveal' and then you turned around and revealed it. Maybe it was because you thought Portius saying 'it seemed like a town power' was enough to protect you? All it does is put a target on your back IF you're town but dropping it and trying to get a train going on Ordassa (or just trying to take advantage of mob mentality) to off a known townie under the guise of 'he's bad for us even if he is town'

Lynching a townie, no matter how terrible they are playing, is a win for the scum. It comes across super scummy that you pushed that.

My vote stays, I'd prefer Tremula over Shaddus at this point if people would be willing to switch over.
  • Oh, and I don't really view Portius saying 'it seemed townie' as enough to confirm that he is town given we don't actually know what he did. 

If he wants to reveal of whatever, there really isn't any point in hiding it anymore since he blew his anonymity anyway
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Sidd said:
    I don't think there should be an issue revealing information. We can't win without information.

Yeah, maybe the scum get some info too, but if we're holding everything close to the chest while they continue to pick people off (or douse them with gas), by the time we get some information, it may be too late. It may be that the scum killed AND marked someone last night, so we're already on the losing end of this.

Sidd said:

At this point, everyone kept saying 'don't reveal don't reveal don't reveal' and then you turned around and revealed it. 

This will probably look gods awful but I cbf to go into the sourcing. You're also doing a LOT of pushing against me for doing this even though it's not been confirmed by either Ordassa or Portius, which in turn makes YOU look scummy as hell. You'll also note that I'm not voting for anyone right now, and would you just happen to look at that? Sidd - 4. Suddenly, though, you're rushing to switch everyone around under the premise of getting people to "not lynch town" by shooting into the dark, when by your own words 'Lynching a townie, no matter how terrible they are playing, is a win for the scum. 

Vote: Sidd

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    And because no editing, yes, I realise I voted after saying I wasn't voting, that's because sequencing is hard. I was not voting. I am now voting against someone who is, but will not have enough votes to be lynched unless two others switch, which is little more than raising my cup and saying 'I'll call your bet'. 

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well, this exploded while I wasn't paying attention.

Walk me through the argument for lynching Trem. I'm about 75% confident that Trem is town, but I also recognize that there's basically no way to verify this for other people. And it could have been someone else targeting me, although I'd have expected them to counterclaim if that was the case.

But I can do some double checking for my own benefit. @Tremula would you say that your role is someone who flies?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, just woke up. Ordassa isn't lying, but he did a really crappy job about fishing for information. I also rather wish he had at least learned what happened when I targetted Portius, as opposed to just saying that I did. That makes me look scummy :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You are not confirmed to be town, where Ordassa pretty much is.

I don't take you performing some unknown power that 'is probably town' as town confirmation. The ball is in your court if you want to tell us what you did, after all you are the one that blew your own cover that -everyone else wanted to keep secret-. Portius at this point isn't confirmed town either, I'm sorry but 'something happened to me and it seems to be townie' doesn't mean the person say that is actually town.

You want to give me a reason to think you're town? Shaddus at this point just threw out a lurker vote to put pressure and has yet to remove it, that's no inherently scummy, so between you and him, you seem the more guilty one to me. 
    Shaddus said:
    Sorry, just woke up. Ordassa isn't lying, but he did a really crappy job about fishing for information. I also rather wish he had at least learned what happened when I targetted Portius, as opposed to just saying that I did. That makes me look scummy :/
    Wait wait wait, hold up @Shaddus. Are you also claiming that you targeted me last night?
    Alright. I'm a Jailer, and took Portius for a ride last night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Whaaaaattttt.

@Ordassa - who did you follow?

Portius said:
    Shaddus said:
    Wait wait wait, hold up @Shaddus. Are you also claiming that you targeted me last night?
    Yes. Now thanks to Ordassa's hamfisted fishing, everyone knows it :/
    Shaddus said:
    Alright. I'm a Jailer, and took Portius for a ride last night.
    This is true.

I was told that I could not use a power against anyone last night, and nobody else could use powers against me. So it's possible that Tremula did target me, and I just didn't hear about it because she got blocked, or because we don't get an alert for every power that gets used. It's also possible that she just made it up. I have no way of distinguishing.
    Sidd said:
    Whaaaaattttt.

@Ordassa - who did you follow?

Apparently he followed me, and saw that I targetted Portius.
    Okay, this is too much information.

Unvote

I need to re-read this for like 20 seconds

Honestly, I was one hundred percent convinced Portius was some form of self-watcher with limited immunities. It's a Sylandra game, after all, she can balance anything.

@Ordassa, who did you follow?

THIRD POST, BUT!!!!

Ordassa hasn't said that he followed Shaddus, he just poked at him to unvote. 

• Anyway - here are my arguments for Tremula

1) We confirmed Ordassa to be a tracker, tracker isn't really a scum power, and afterwards, Tremula then votes for him. Why vote for someone that's been pretty much confirmed as a townie
    2) He then reveals that he targetted Portius after everyone said 'don't reveal who it is' - just why would you do that? If you are town, you now have two townie people with night actions that scum can off in the middle of the night. 

Here is how that reads scum to me. Ordassa played terribly, but we got it out of him that he was a townie and watched someone act on Portius, Portius had previously said he was acted on, so it was more or less confirmed, Ordassa is a pretty safe townie bet at this point but then Tremula tries to use his bad play to vote for him and lynch him. He then reveals that he targeted Portius to try and add strength to his claim (probably thinking that Ordassa could back up that he followed him, and your statement that the power used was probably town).

He was 1) trying to get a train on Ordassa or 2) trying to take advantage of mob mentality to get a confirmed townie lynched. That's why I voted for Shaddus when I called him out, to save the confirmed townie (we have no idea what Shaddus is, but he's more likely to be scum than Ordassa at this moment). 

Now we also have the wrench that Shaddus may have targeted you as well? Things are spicing up.
  • Well, if SHaddus is not the jailer- then we need to change votes fast so he doesn't get lynched.
  • er, I mean if he is the jailer, we need to change votes fast
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)
    @Shaddus: Saobutt, Lehki (2)
    @Tremula: Sidd (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero (1)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Shaddus will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have 30 minutes left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I hate to do this, but in the interest of protecting Shaddus, and needing at least two people to vote for him, I'm hoping someone follows me on this

UNVOTE
    Vote: Saobutt
    Yeah, I want to rescind the whole "75% confident that Trem is town" thing that I just said. New information to work through, since there's a counterclaim.
    A self-watcher with limited immunities seemed plausible, for how whimsical Ghibli is, but I suppose we'll see what happens tonight. To show I'm willing to work and protect the jailer:

Vote: Saobutt

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    rofl at Shaddus coming in and blowing it all up

I'm willing to tip the vote somewhere, but really hoping Ordassa can swoop over and give us something to believe in. 
  • Scary. I'm not sure how much our lives are worth but I'm going to
     UNVOTE 
    Vote Count:
    @Shaddus: Lehki (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero, Sidd, Tremula (3)

Based on the current votes, @Saobutt will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have 15 minutes left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lol I don't know if it is a wise decision but my life and my heart are one...if that makes sense. 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Since Shaddus is safe and we're running out of time, I'm going to Vote Tremula . I have to agree with Sidd's logic, as I don't see why Tremula decided to out her involvement in the first place.
  • Basically you're going to lose more..
    VOTE TREMULA
    edited October 2017
    Vote Count:
    @Shaddus: Lehki (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero, Sidd, Tremula (3)
    @Tremula: Kaimanahi, Saobutt (2)

Based on the current votes, @Saobutt will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

~You have 2 minutes left to vote!~
    Daraius said: