Vae Victis! A Roman Mafia Game. CLODIUS AND EMPERORS WIN!

Comments

• I find that an interesting claim. Town has already been revealed to have a tracker, and an alignment investigator. I personally am of the opinion that a role investigator benefits mafia in almost every setup more than it does town, but that could be my inexperience showing. Further, in the previous day, towards the end you expressed that you were unfamiliar with the term 'miller' though thought there was such a role in the game, which Sylandra filled in the details for. It seems a convenient defence.

I do, however, accept that the Ushaara read is probable and that you are a role investigator, just not that you're a miller.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:
    I find that an interesting claim. Town has already been revealed to have a tracker, and an alignment investigator. I personally am of the opinion that a role investigator benefits mafia in almost every setup more than it does town, but that could be my inexperience showing. Further, in the previous day, towards the end you expressed that you were unfamiliar with the term 'miller' though thought there was such a role in the game, which Sylandra filled in the details for. It seems a convenient defence.

I do, however, accept that the Ushaara read is probable and that you are a role investigator, just not that you're a miller.
    I was trying to get a claim out of Sidd and see if he would claim it or not :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Well Shaddus is an obvious lynch. But I don't like to vote until everyone has had a chance to talk, so I'm holding off on the train.

Something odd happened to me last night, but I'd probably assume it came from a townie and I'm not sure if they would want me to reveal it. So I'll let them say something, if they think it's prudent.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 2-Yarith, Ess
    12 Players remain! 7 Votes required to lynch!
    One less vote to lynch Sylandra!
    Day 3 ends at 12:30 PM EST on November 3rd!

"Pomona loves the orchard;
    And Liber loves the vine;
    And Pales loves the straw-built shed
    Warm with the breath of kine;
    And Venus loves the whispers
    Of plighted youth and maid,
    In April's ivory moonlight
    Beneath the chestnut shade.

But thy father loves the clashing
    Of broadsword and of shield:
    He loves to drink the steam that reeks
    From the fresh battlefield:
    He smiles a smile more dreadful
    Than his own dreadful frown,
    When he sees the thick black cloud of smoke
    Go up from the conquered town."

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, The Prophecy of Capys

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • So @yarith is saying @Shaddus reads as a rebel?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    A Cross shined down on me last night and I can only assume that's what led me to be worth one less vote to lynch today.

Interesting speculation then: whoever is capable of lowering the votes required to vote, likely isn't aligned with whoever targeted me night 1 with jeers and whatnot, assuming that we can rule out mockery (as the Cross thingy seems mockery-esque). Which brings me to this thought: anyone else get that message of jeering last night? Helps us figure out what that does exactly.

---

So! I think @Shaddus sounds more to me like a mafia member who happens to be part of a rebel team with a Consigliere, who happened to find out that @Ushaara is a copycat. Especially given that he pretended not to know what a Miller was yesterday. If anything, he should have been voting Sidd ASAP for being suspicious--how many millers can be in one game?!

Proscribe: Shaddus

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Wasn't supposedly seeing a magical shining cross Constantine's conversion thing?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well first up, yeesh, Nero was a rough safe-claim... :D

Second up, yes, @Shaddus is right about me being a copycat and I did get the sense that I was investigated last night which I imagine was him.  Though given that I was pretty vocal in calling for a lynch of Nero/Sidd, I'm curious why he thought I merited an investigation over others?

I am leaning to lynch him as revealing my role without an ok to do so was presumptuous and unnecessary, and just feeds info to mafia.

Thirdly, seems the Cataline conspiracy explains the jeering of Sylandra and not arson prep, but not so sure it implies she is Cicero. Historical theme, but not historical fact, yadda yadda...

Lastly, one kill = most mafia supporting the conspiracy?
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 3-Yarith, Ess, Sylandra

Well, I feel comfortable saying I'm not Cicero, so it's not that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Wait, did Shaddus unnecessarily out our new blocker? Sorry, am catching up.

PROSCRIBE: SHADDUS
    Vote Count
    Sylandra(1)
    Shaddus 4-Yarith, Ess, Sylandra, Arix

I also wanted to say that I think we got a lot of information from Sidd's body. Here were my conclusions:

1. It looks like he had a crisis power(?), so the crises seems like something the rebels can initiate.
    2. His crisis power is wtf op, which means I'd have to think there are some limitations on how the rebels can use them (cool downs? doesn't seem like we have one today).
    3. He got a safe claim, so just throwing out your supposed emperor identity should probably be dismissed for any town cred. 

@Ess what did you mean about Cicero?
    Anyway, since the cat is out of the bag, I'll confirm that I blocked Kaimanahi last night.

So she is not Vivet's killer and could not support the Catiline conspiracy. Not 100% proof of innocence by any means, but given that the rebels won the conspiracy, I think it is unlikely that Kaimanahi is one.
    Ushaara said:

Thirdly, seems the Cataline conspiracy explains the jeering of Sylandra and not arson prep, but not so sure it implies she is Cicero. Historical theme, but not historical fact, yadda yadda...

Lastly, one kill = most mafia supporting the conspiracy?
    ^Was @Ushaara who mentioned Cicero, not Ess. I've said this before though, I'm not Cicero so I think it's a misplaced theory if it hinges on that point. Genuinely surprised no one else saw jeering so far, making me question my arsonist theory, hmmmm. Unless whoever jeered me supported the crisis last night?

I also wanted to say that I think we got a lot of information from Sidd's body. Here were my conclusions:

1. It looks like he had a crisis power(?), so the crises seems like something the rebels can initiate.
    2. His crisis power is wtf op, which means I'd have to think there are some limitations on how the rebels can use them (cool downs? doesn't seem like we have one today).
    3. He got a safe claim, so just throwing out your supposed emperor identity should probably be dismissed for any town cred. 

@Kaimanahi makes a good point that it seems conspiracies are instigated by mafia, and that they know what each conspiracy involves. Luckily we offed Sidd before he could use his. Does each mafia member have one, I wonder? And if Sidd's was so good, then I have to wonder what the one which happened last night did...

Also safe-claims are worrisome, but I also would never have pegged Nero as a safe claim, ahaha. I think to some degree, being less versed in the theme makes it harder to tell what an actual mafia member's name would be? Certainly wouldn't have thought of Sidd's real role name as the threat it was.

Ushaara said:
    Anyway, since the cat is out of the bag, I'll confirm that I blocked Kaimanahi last night.

So she is not Vivet's killer and could not support the Catiline conspiracy. Not 100% proof of innocence by any means, but given that the rebels won the conspiracy, I think it is unlikely that Kaimanahi is one.
    Well possibly, but we also only saw one kill last night, but were conditioned to expect two, so FoS: Kaimanahi for a bit. After all, third parties can apparently support whoever they want, too! Mafia winning the conspiracy might be an indicator of that.

Definitely think @Shaddus is the best target for today, though.
    Daraius said:
  • assassin killer is appointed, so a person can be blocked but an assassin can still get through if they weren't the one assigned to do the kill
    Ess said:
    I think if the result of the Cataline Conspiracy was successful and Sylandra can be lynched with one less vote, that would indicate Sylandra to be Cicero.

Latin studies teach me that Cicero, driven as he was from pillar to post, was a staunch defender of Rome. 
    This is Ess talking about Cicero, btw.
    Oh damn missed that.

Yeah still not Cicero tho.
    Daraius said:
    @sylandra I was responding to Ess page 4 re. Cicero comment. Also, I was reading your 1 vote less to lynch as the reward for winning the conspiracy, though it does seem like it would be much stronger if it hadn't been announced to us all...

And yes, do realise there are few scenarios where Kaimanahi is still mafia, but personally thinking unlikely.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Yarith said:
    Hm. With the death of Vivet I believe that Vatul, Yasei, Kaimanahi, and Cyndarin are the most likely candidates for remaining rebel scum in that order. That is, of course, upon the elimination of Shaddus, who is also a member of the rebel body. At first I was suspicious at the randomly thrown out three word question, but the loose and vague defence of Sidd tipped me towards an investigation, which turned up positive for being a rebel agent. I think it is fair to say that Sylandra is very unlikely to be a member of the rebels, a 1 vote soften seems a very unusual negative for a member of the mafia, even so as a third party.

Needless to say, I Proscribe: Shaddus
    Does anyone have any further information to provide? Perhaps coincidence, but I find the lack of participation of Vatul, Yasei, and Cyndarin in the prior day phase to read a little scummy, and I doubt that any of the mafia members would have immediately jumped upon proscribing Sidd.
    I don't participate much (or at all) on the weekends, can go back and check previous games. I'm pretty consistent on that front.
    Also, obviously Shaddus is a solid choice given Yarith's track record (Town MVP), and I'm willing to vote whenever we're ready to close the day out. I have no information to offer as far as last night goes.
  • What about night one, you said someone targeted you?
  • I'm lost to why I am second most likely to be rebel scum.
    Night one someone targeted me, yes, though it was a violent act. I think it was an investigation of sorts, as they asked me a lot of questions after getting me drunk. 

Though the message wasn't explicit.
    *WAS NOT a violent act
  • I'm lost to why I am second most likely to be rebel scum.
    Think he was just naming people he considered low-activity in no particular order
    Doot de doo, inhaling caffeine and further theory-crafting:

1) Last night all I saw was the Cross shining down on me. Having reconsidered Vivet's powers, it seems logical to assume she used her power on me. My role sheet doesn't involve charges though so I wouldn't have noticed what her ability did. Hence my immediate assumption it was what led to my lynch count lowering.

2) If the lynch count lowering is the Catalina Conspiracy, yeah, it's way more underpowered than I expected it to be since it was announced on the opening dayphase post. Does make sense though, since no one else had this happen to them Night 1. Really don't know why I'd be targeted for this after yesterday by anyone except an anti-town person. But again, I saw nothing on my person aside from the Cross shining down on me, unless this was set up Night 1 with the jeering? Idk man.

3) Tangent, but we really lucked out getting rid of the Strongarm the day that the investigator revealed. I'm pretty sure they'd have aimed for Yarith otherwise, because he's on fire with his rebel smoke-outs. Town MVP indeed!

4) I'm agree with the "Vatul, Yasei, Kaimanahi, and Cyndarin are the most likely candidates for remaining rebel scum in that order." But I'd swap Yasei and Kaimanahi around, because we went from 2 kills to 1 kill on a night she was blocked, which is sketch.
    Daraius said:
    Well while the crises are a pain in one regard, they do kind of help us to narrow down the field.

Based on what has been revealed, we know

Didn't participate in crisis:
    Ushaara, Kaimanahi, Vivet, Shaddus, Yarith

Undeclared:
    Sylandra, Cyndarin, Arix, Tremula, Ordassa, Ess, Vatul, Yasei

So of the undeclared, one of them had to kill Vivet, and one or more had to support the conspiracy.

I'm still leaning to lynch Shaddus, but the fact that he didn't participate in the crisis is a small point in his favour.
  • I don't think Cyndarin participated in the crisis, but I could be misinterpreting what targetted him
    I didn’t as I have no night power.