ABL - Make your AB's into links for faster, easier navigation

EjderhaEjderha Member Posts: 168 Gifted
Hello!

I am not a super coder or anything, but when I was learning Tessenchi and Zarakido I decided the few minutes to make all the AB files into links would save me ages of typing out long ability names. I have since expanded it to work on everything else. I've tested it and had a few others test, so it should not break anything.

Nothing much will really change, other than when you AB all the line items will be links that pull up the relevant skill, and then within the skill, every line will bring up the AB for that ability. Should handle specializations, abilities that start with * (like stances), etc. I have not bothered to change the echo colour for skills you have not yet learned, which are normally a darker grey, but if there is desire I could probably work on that?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNiL_C5ie_DgdxPvZIZinlVx6-dHA

Comments

  • MaekoMaeko Member Posts: 31 Apprentice
    Does this do anything that CONFIG MXP ON doesn't do?
  • EjderhaEjderha Member Posts: 168 Gifted
    Maeko said:
    Does this do anything that CONFIG MXP ON doesn't do?
    I had no idea that worked! Technically, this does do more than CONFIG MXP ON, as you can click on abilities you do not have and see the AB file, and it doesn't grossly underline everything (which looks terribly cluttered to me). YMMV.
  • AyisdraAyisdra Member Posts: 996 Fabled
    Ejderha said:
    Maeko said:
    Does this do anything that CONFIG MXP ON doesn't do?
    I had no idea that worked! Technically, this does do more than CONFIG MXP ON, as you can click on abilities you do not have and see the AB file, and it doesn't grossly underline everything (which looks terribly cluttered to me). YMMV.
    You can see ABs of skills you don't have (as long as you have the skillset active), assuming you do AB <skillset> <skill> (instead of just AB <skill>).
  • EjderhaEjderha Member Posts: 168 Gifted
    Ayisdra said:
    Ejderha said:
    Maeko said:
    Does this do anything that CONFIG MXP ON doesn't do?
    I had no idea that worked! Technically, this does do more than CONFIG MXP ON, as you can click on abilities you do not have and see the AB file, and it doesn't grossly underline everything (which looks terribly cluttered to me). YMMV.
    You can see ABs of skills you don't have (as long as you have the skillset active), assuming you do AB <skillset> <skill> (instead of just AB <skill>).
    I don't think you read the posts you are quoting. You cannot use MXP to click on abilities you do not have - they are not treated as links by MXP. This package DOES treat them as links.
  • KendraKendra Member Posts: 186 Gifted
    Ejderha said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Ejderha said:
    Maeko said:
    Does this do anything that CONFIG MXP ON doesn't do?
    I had no idea that worked! Technically, this does do more than CONFIG MXP ON, as you can click on abilities you do not have and see the AB file, and it doesn't grossly underline everything (which looks terribly cluttered to me). YMMV.
    You can see ABs of skills you don't have (as long as you have the skillset active), assuming you do AB <skillset> <skill> (instead of just AB <skill>).
    I don't think you read the posts you are quoting. You cannot use MXP to click on abilities you do not have - they are not treated as links by MXP. This package DOES treat them as links.
    THANK YOU for making this, Ejderha. Very kind. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
Sign In or Register to comment.