Aetherships!

A large appeal for me has always been aetherships, I love them, I love building them and playing with them but I feel like there is little to no incentive to own a personal ship anymore. I can't attack another org with it, I can hunt or do flares.

This being said I have no solutions, I remember being able to bombard docks back in the day but I forget what that actually accomplished. I just want to be able to use the massive goldsink that is an aethership.

Comments

• Even something simple like a rogue bubble, moving randomly through aetherspace once a day that actually gives people a reason to get out and explore! Maybe someone would take up aetherspace piracy just some fun reasons to actually undock.
  • I would throw credits at aetherships like they were up on the tables, but I have absolutely no interest in group bashing. If there were a single useful thing I could do solo in an aethership, I'd tap the plastic.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can solo hunt gold in them, actually.  Talan used to do it.  It is -far- more efficient in a two-person team though (no exp/essence, just piles of gold).
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Xenthos said:
    You can solo hunt gold in them, actually.  Talan used to do it.  It is -far- more efficient in a two-person team though (no exp/essence, just piles of gold).
    That said, it's only really efficient if few people are making the rotations through the trade ships. Too many and none will have decent deals anymore. Though I suppose some change to aethertrading down the line could have changed that.

• Solo or double gold hunting isn't really an incentive to go out and actually use an aethership though, what I really want I suppose is more ship based PvP. More crews and teamwork. It's an amazing aspect of the game that is totally left to the sidelines.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I completely agree!  I am simply pointing out that there does exist a reason for solo / double aethership usage.  To me it is not enough of a reason to get out and use them regularly though.
  • Yeah, (as usual) I was hyperbolating. Solo aetherhunting vs. astral isn't even a conversation, especially considering the relative outlay. But yeah, I would love to see anything that made aetherspace a bit more used. As for pirates, where do I sign, cap'n?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Personally would love to see aetherships having more uses too, both in solo and group activity. Right now, there's little to no incentive to even have one save for the wildly known and there mostly org ships cover it.

Apart of that, I'd really love to see aethership hunting  getting a good ol' look and maybe eventually a bit of an overhaul. It's the most boring activity in lusternia I can possibly think of and basically numbs my brain within half an hour.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.