PVP Minor League

Not sure if Common Grounds or Ideas would be the correct place for this, but my hope is that it isn't an idea, but the beginning. 

I have a hope to start a new "thing", and I would love to get everyone's thoughts. I am new to the world of PvP, and I want to see more meaningful PvP in RP settings. My thought is creating a outside tier system and reward system. Hopefully, this idea doesn't violate any terms and conditions please tell me if it does. Characters and scheduled events will be based on the tiers. I think a four tier system would work. I would also like a peer-reviewed and judge ranking system. Not sure what it would look like pursay. I envision an upvoting that would move characters up tiers. In other words, participants would rate charcters. Example, three people rank Rasvin tier 3 and two people tier 4. Rasvin would be a 3.4. He could participate in tier 2 or tier 3, and "open" tier 1 events. Of course a character can participate up except for closed tier 1 events (for those purists that take combat to the next level).

Requirement Ideas:
Tier 4 
Circle 90 or under 
Unable to retire (meaning their value isn't that great)
Greater than 3.5 player rating

Tier 3 
Titan or below  
No retirement value restriction 
Greater than 2.5 player rating

Tier 2
Demigod or below (no ascendents) 
No retirement value restriction 
Greater than 1.5 player rating 

Tier 1
You know who you are. 

Example events: 
Storyline: Despite the Inner Sea being conflict free as of late. Rumors of an eminent Magnagoran attack are spreading across the basin. (Other orgs are welcome to particpate)
Event Details: Tier 3, 03/29/2018 6:00 PM EST, Group Combat, Single Life. 
Rewards: 5 credits winning side choses who gets the reward with historian discretion. Ties are determined by historian. Winner must not have parished.
Entry: Free (Some events could have a player entry free to fund the rewards)
Historian: Nicholo of Hallifax 
Please RSVP below. Entry at the time of event will be granted at historian discretion.

Historians will record the events (optional) and be the referee in a way. Historians will be preferablely tier 1, but tier 2 could also be accepted in a pinch. Historians of a relatively neutral org would be preferred. In this example, anyone but Magnagora or Celest. 

Events could be more tactical than a skrimish. Example: Hallifax has created a new weapon. The crystal releases energy in a 3 room radius destroying everything it touches. Hallifax has two targets in mind: Palace of Pleasure and Drums of the Dead. 

My thought is this will act as a PvP minor league to train and practice so the elite players have more competiation thus being less bored in actual events. It would also maybe draw some attention from those previously not interested in the high entry cost and knowledge of being "good" at combat. 

I know some of this can be done in the Arena, but I like the thought of being in the world. 

Coaches:
Each org should have coaches that they send to monitor their org in events. Generals would be (Tier 1), and lieutenats would be (Tier 2). They should not in any way harm, hinder, or aid participants. They should monitor and critique their own particapents. They should guide the strategy of their participatants. They could be a target caller (this is the line any farther would be a no-no). 

I don't mind to further expand on the idea, but I believe the following would be several key benefits:
1. It would be fun.
2. Bring together similar level, ability, and timezone charcters.
3. Create amazing RPPVP opportunities.
4. Build up PvP player base. Make people less wary of PvP. 

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Rasvin said:
    -snip-
    Where would you hold such an event? If you hold it in an arena, coaches would not be able to be present inside the arena, otherwise fights would not end until they died too. If you held it somewhere on prime, there would have to be a gentlemans agreement to PK FORGIVE if someone was marked with suspect status.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Rasvin said:
    -snip-
    Where would you hold such an event? If you hold it in an arena, coaches would not be able to be present inside the arena, otherwise fights would not end until they died too. If you held it somewhere on prime, there would have to be a gentlemans agreement to PK FORGIVE if someone was marked with suspect status.
    Honestly, when is the last time that the Avenger system really stopped anybody from doing anything?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Versalean said:
    Kagato said:
    Rasvin said:
    -snip-
    Honestly, when is the last time that the Avenger system really stopped anybody from doing anything?
    It is rare, but it DOES get used from time to time.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • It would be different places based on the event. The agreement would be to PK forgive. If not you get snubbed from the group. I thought about that. 
  • Titan and demi are not such a big difference that they need their own tiers. You'd have very few people in the titan only version.

However, if you implemented a proper combat ranking, you could lock people to require them in some events.

If you are talking something this big, just add a new mechanic for it, I mean, we already have JOIN EVENT that can open PK. Joining this kind of event would just disable avechna in the area. Also, new areas and such can do this too. So we have a flag for no-avenger.
  • Happy to be pocket judge-y non-com. \o/
  • Malarious said:
    Titan and demi are not such a big difference that they need their own tiers. You'd have very few people in the titan only version.

However, if you implemented a proper combat ranking, you could lock people to require them in some events.

If you are talking something this big, just add a new mechanic for it, I mean, we already have JOIN EVENT that can open PK. Joining this kind of event would just disable avechna in the area. Also, new areas and such can do this too. So we have a flag for no-avenger.
    Maybe if we get it going, and it is actually popular that would incentivize a code change. Would you suggest making three tiers or moving tier 3 to circle 98 and under? 

My goals with the tiers were to separate the elite from non elite PK demigods, to have a true newbie tier (tier 4), and to have "a I'm a novice but I can cure and I think I have a viable kill method or know my clsss role" tier. I thought vitals got a jump at demi-god? I'm I wrong in that thinking?
  • If your ranking people you could do a sort of ranking tournament as the first event.