Avenger

A couple scenarios that have happened in the past couple weeks with more Prime fighting, and I've had a lot of questions asked at me, and I really don't know the answer to how Avenger works in these scenarios,or if its a bug or not.

Why can I be in enemy territory and attacked by people on my Victims list, end up dying and never lose them on my Victims list?

Alternatively, why can an enemy on my Bullies list, declare and attack my ally in neutral territory, I defend my ally and attack the enemy, but he never be taken off my Bullies list, and unable to attack me at all? So much that I can even go into enemy territory (Celest) and zap him while he is at the Pool of Stars, and he still will never lose status on me?

Quoting HELP AVENGER, and the scenario laid out there:

If Galt kills Chade, then Galt is placed on Chade's Suspect list. 

The only way Galt's name can be taken off Chade's Suspect list is if Chade makes any hostile action against Galt. If Chade is first attacked by Galt and then attacks Galt in self-defense (instead of running away), Galt will be placed once on Chade's vengeance list but  taken off Chade's Suspect list.  If Chade attacks Galt first, Galt is taken off Chade's Suspect list and may kill Chade again at any time without fear of Chade taking vengeance. 

In the scenarios that I have encountered, going off Help Avenger

Galt is enemied to Celest. Chade is Celestian. Galt is inside of Celest, but has PK CAREFUL ON, so will never actually attack Chade first. Chade attacks Galt, so Galt will never be placed on Chade's Vengeance List (cause he isn't attacking), but nor does he get taken off Chade's Suspect List.

Are these bugs? How does Avenger actually work? Is anyone as confused as I am on this? Is it because of enemy territory, which Help Avenger never explains?
2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

Best Answer

Answers

• It is because of enemy territory. I think (*think*) it is deliberate, because people should not lose suspect they have on someone else simply for defending their territory. Of course, enemy territory is treated the same irrelevant if it's New Celest or the Inner Sea.
  • MoiMoi
    edited February 2013
    For the first one, basically this:

The Avenger will NOT protect you if you die on another plane. Travel to other planes at your own risk. Also, the Avenger will NOT protect you if you enter territory where you've been declared an enemy. These are "open PK" zones. As stated above, suspect status will not be dropped when you attack suspects in open PK zones.

out of HELP AVENGER. If you are in enemy territory, you do not gain suspect or lose bully status for getting attacked/killed. Number two is a bit more complicated, but basically you can't lose bully status by being attacked by someone using the DEFEND verb, only the DECLARE verb.

E: Formatting! My only weakness.