Lusternia IRC

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
edited March 2013 in The Real World
So we had a few more people in this over the past month, but then sometime during last week when I was sick it all emptied out again. Sadface! Therefore I figured posting it here rather than just on FB would get a few more people to see it.

We're in #lusternia on irc.deathwyrm.net (port 6667) - come join us! :)

(If you don't have an IRC client, mIRC is really easy to use and setup).

Comments

• Not to be a Pessimistic Peter, but mIRC is a virus/worm/computer-trouble magnet.
  • Luthian said:
    Not to be a Pessimistic Peter, but mIRC is a virus/worm/computer-trouble magnet.
    Then use pidgin (or similar).
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    This is why I use Mibbit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I didn't know that! I use pidgin myself too, so it's not a problem for me. But useful for other people :)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I've had a lot going on this past week but I'll try to poke my head in when I can.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Deathwyrm? what's wrong with freenode?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I doubt anything is wrong with it, it's just the one that's been used on-and-off by Lusternians over the last many years.
  • Xenthos said:
    I doubt anything is wrong with it, it's just the one that's been used on-and-off by Lusternians over the last many years.
    Gotcha.
    Just a bump for this - it's still going and we've got people in it daily...but it would be really nice to get some more non-Gloms! 

Poor Anita is all on her own, and if people don't join us soon...well, we might just convert her.
  • I joined once or twice, but to an empty channel [and idling Xenthos, someone left his headlights on]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

edited February 2013
    I think the majority of us that are in it at the moment are GMT, so that might be part of the issue.

ETA: That said, Morkarion and I keep some of the weirdest GMT hours you'll meet, so...who knows. Maybe bad luck! Come try again <3
  • I'm quite happy. There's four of us non-gloomys now :3
    Tacita said:

ETA: That said, Morkarion and I keep some of the weirdest GMT hours you'll meet, so...who knows. Maybe bad luck! Come try again <3
    We tend to have a flexibility that swings 12 hours each way.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Too many non-Gloms here. /twitch
  • Just out of complete curiosity, I assume the IRC is ooc?
    Svorai said:
    Yup!
    But it doesn't stop us recruiting people.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos idles on IRC?

I am shocked and appalled.
  • There used to be a Lusternia radio station on IRC as well, hosted by Bau/Kiarlea etc and it was pretty good. First ascension we got about 30 people (And she did something naughty on air, haha). Maybe more people would join IRC if the radio station was up?

I don't know how to set something like that up though.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
    I'd say I'd be interested in setting up something like that, but I don't think I have the upstream bandwidth to support anything like that (I think my connection is something like 1mbps maximum upload)

• Feel free to put any suggestions or requests for things like that to me. So long as it's just Lusternian players, I'd be happy to host pretty much anything.

support@pharanyx.com if you want to take up the offer.
  • I could probably set it up with instructions but my itunes library is... messed up. Not programming-wise, just music selection.

I should not have Rammstein next to Beatles next to Rasmus and Electric Six - Gay Bar. I have -everything-.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • Gorlois said:
    There used to be a Lusternia radio station on IRC as well, hosted by Bau/Kiarlea etc and it was pretty good. First ascension we got about 30 people (And she did something naughty on air, haha). Maybe more people would join IRC if the radio station was up?

I don't know how to set something like that up though.
    I was one of the original djs on that, was great, and I do miss it dearly :) It was originally hosted by Alyssandra, and had DJs from all over the playerbase. Was awesome fun :)
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
    Serenwilde have taken over the IRC! It's a coup!
    Dunno if it is just me or not, but I can not connect to the IRC server.  It attempts to connect to bahumet.deathwyrm.net unsuccessfully (appears to be down?)

• So if one was using mibbit would they go /join #deathwyrm? New to the whole irc thing, just started using it with another game
  • edited March 2013
    The server is irc.deathwyrm.net on port 6667

Then you join room #lusternia

Unfortunately I can't comment on how each individual IRC client will do that, as I'm just using Pidgin. Though if you have questions on using Pidgin for IRC, ask away.

Also, do join the IRC, it's great fun! I joined recently and have had enjoyable conversations with the enemy and other people I don't otherwise get to interact with OOCly. And I haven't seen any silly drama pop up (yet), which is quite nice.
  • edited March 2013
    I used the pidgen thing to join. I found it easy enough to figure out. Also it's /join #lusternia and you need to put irc.deathwrym.net somewhere.
    Shedrin said:
    The server is irc.deathwyrm.net on port 6667

Then you join room #lusternia

Unfortunately I can't comment on how each individual IRC client will do that, as I'm just using Pidgin. Though if you have questions on using Pidgin for IRC, ask away.

Also, do join the IRC, it's great fun! I joined recently and have had enjoyable conversations with the enemy and other people I don't otherwise get to interact with OOCly. And I haven't seen any silly drama pop up (yet), which is quite nice.
    I try using that, irc.deathwyrm.net redirects to a server named bahumet.deathwyrm.net, which times out when I try to connect to it.