Forum Oddities

Few odds and ends to ask about the forums, just so they're in one place.

[1] I'd asked somewhere in the Forums Reset thread, but are the numbers in the Reactions bar on a user's page meant to go anywhere [say to a summary list of all relevant agrees/disagrees/et cetera] or should they be unclickable?

[2] What point totals do you need for each forum rank [or at least a vague approximation thereof]? [N.B. Not really a question, but user point totals now appear twice on userpages, before and after # of posts].

[3] Relatedly, are the reactions/badges the only means to rank up? If so, what are some of the badges available then?

Thanks

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Best Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Accepted Answer
    Strangely, answering questions does not actually seem to give points (I'm not sure why, I think they'd want to encourage answering questions).

Thus far, the only method for gaining points do indeed seem to be positive reactions & earning badges.  I've located badges for:
    1) Uploading a "photo".
    2) Getting certain numbers of Likes.
    3) Making certain numbers of posts.
    4) Getting certain numbers of Agreements.
    5) Presumably there is also one for achieving certain levels of Promotes as well.

As for the other questions, I can't help with those.  Sorry!

I just need to get the "Unanswered 1" off of my screen. :(
  • Accepted Answer
    I believe the forum defaults for ranks are 50/100/500/1000. I'm not sure if Estarra changed that, and she is really the only one who could answer this question with certainly.

Answers

• Now if there was only an option to say a question is answered partially instead of binary yes/no...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited February 2014

• Iasmos said:
    Tip: try asking one question at a time.
    I would, but I didn't want to fill up the Q&A with threads. Because I am strange, I suppose.

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If it helps, I became Capable at ~100 points.