Aerochemantics

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I meant what DMP does Enya have against Elec/Asphyx.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Force wall drops when the user does -anything that stops a channeled action. Checking ABs, using a skill, checking score, whatever. I don't see it bring an issue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eventru said:
    Tulemrah said:
    Two questions. Why is it not called Aeromechanics, and why did this have to happen on moving day? I would also like to note that silver is one of Halli's lowest stocked comms.
    Because we wanted the opportunity to twirl our mustache and laugh caustically in your general direction.

(Or because those are just the way the dice roll, and we don't look at your comm stocks, we prefer the '-chemantics' theme, because you aren't Aeromechanics but Aerochemancers, and why did you plan your moving day on our Aerochemantics release day?)
    I believe the proper term is "Aeromantic Engineers" in either case.
  • This looks amazing, difficult to resist the temptation to go "Ooooh, shiiiiiiny" and run and get it, especially as I think I have sufficient credits to cope with the loss, but oh well.

Somewhat irritated at the disc ability, as that's something we proposed for the Institute, due to us being the only Guardian guild that can't fly :<
  • I was a little confused at the people complaining about Cloudkill, because that wasn't the ultimate one as far as I could remember. So I was wondering what was up. Then I looked back at the ABs and realised that it's probably because cloudkill's sensitivity was getting applied before the damage, so there's pretty much no way to prevent the damage from being boosted by sensitivity.

Well, what a wonderful design.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So is Hyperbeam their alternate attack? If so, they're going to struggle hunting things that resist electrical damage (like two-headed eagles). Similar to Wildewood and blunt damage.

Does it use a reagent like Treehug and Luminate?

• Yes, it does, if I'm reading it correctly.

Mobs that resist elec are probably less common than those that resist blunt, if my memory serves. Plus, aeromancers only had access to elec and cold in aeromancy anyway.

Yes, it takes an altostratus reagant
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I think
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Re forcewall: Gust bypasses forcewall, but beast charge doesn't, so looking to be like mini-barrier.
  • edited February 2013
    Ushaara said:
    Re forcewall: Gust bypasses forcewall, but beast charge doesn't, so looking to be like mini-barrier.
    You should bug anything that passes forcewall. While a decision may've been made and the design hasn't been updated, I feel comfortable saying the design document noted that, and I quote, "Caster cannot do anything while forcewall active, nothing can pass forcewall". So if something goes contrary to that, bug away, Mr. Robinson.
    Aye, aye Captain!
  • Also, I'm not broken up about introducing a counter to the monk omni-trump card.

All classes have set ups that they struggle with. Passive healing makes bardqusition nearly impossible, acrobatics is a giant crotch punch to people building wounds, passive stun/hindering curb stomps strategies reliant on careful timing and the list goes on.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Looks a lot more thought out than than Wildewood. Though aeon on hit seems like a bad idea, and static is uh...static sounds insane.
    As a note, why are all the new specs getting massive damage buffs? Can we look at reducing that to something reasonable like 10 dmp. I have to maintain war karma and a curio just to be on the same level, that's just ridiculous.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Is it the case that it strips quicksilver before giving aeon? If so, that isn't too terrible.
    Oh, and final note, sensitivity being applied before cloudkill is a immediate unbalancing factor. It should be applied after, otherwise it's just a huge damage boost for nothing. Gives aeros an immediate advantage (and didn't we just nerf that damage anyways)
  • Can't you just keep deafness up so that's stripped before sensitivity is applied? I might be getting mixed up.
    Rivius said:
    Is it the case that it strips quicksilver before giving aeon? If so, that isn't too terrible.
    @Rivius That's the case, yes. So I'd imagine that if you get afflicted with aeon by an aerochem solo, you're a statistical fluke.

We don't balance around strictly solo, just as a note. So if there's a warrior in the room, or any of the 37423 sources of aeon available to Hallifax...it's going to be a real problem. Fighting Hallifax will be aeonfield+aeon on hit+active aeon. That's brutal. Aeon spam on its own is obnoxious in groups, so let's just triple it. That seems like a good idea.

• Celina said:

We don't balance around strictly solo, just as a note. So if there's a warrior in the room, or any of the 37423 sources of aeon available to Hallifax...it's going to be a real problem. Fighting Hallifax will be aeonfield+aeon on hit+active aeon. That's brutal. Aeon spam on its own is obnoxious in groups, so let's just triple it. That seems like a good idea.

It's unreasonable and borderline impossible to balance around group combat (without removing group combat), as well. The class should be functional and capable solo, and I think in the long run reactive aeon will be fine.

Re sensitivity, I think that's obviously a bug.
  • There may need to be a few tweaks but over all i'm digging this. Are Geomancer's next?
    (if their debut includes the creation of a land bridge between the swamps and cay I'd be cool with that too)

• edited February 2013
    Blacktalon is next. (Ickytrees)
  • BT, Geos, and then Pyros.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • So worried about our skill. So worried.

If you want to skip us, I won't mind.

/keeps BT untarnished
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What? Maybe I want to be a tree!
  • Odds are we'll lose people who carve our totems with the release of Ickywoods :(
  • edited February 2013
    I don't want a Wildewood copy :(

I think I'll spontaneously combust ICly if Brennan's all like "Our future was weakness." And then kill him for his doubt.

Plus hnng. Just hnnng. 

Edit: BT is all I've known and I love it. I'm irrationally nervous about any changes that are made to it (I'm sorry to the wonderful people who have probably spent hours and hours and days and weeks planning and plotting these skillsets - it's very appreciated, but I can't stop being nervous!).
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Reflective aeon?

How do I know that Geos are going to get reflective hunger?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
This discussion has been closed.