God Blogs

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Enyalida said:
    I am going to resume sitting next to Dain and (especially) Wisdom, emoting at them until they get upgraded! /grump

Daraius said:
    Brb going to continue implicating Daraius as Quettle's long lost son.
    That's pretty much what you have to do!

Though Dain doesn't need to be upgraded, he's already pretty fantastic! And Daraius, keep trying. All the centaurs acknowledge and call Ev "brother".
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dain is indeed pretty cool. The only thing would be to eventually tie in some of the lore that's been brewing VERY slowly among the long-term players of the guild, which would only take a few word changes, tbh.

Wisdom needs some love though. I already contacted our patron to put the thought on Divine minds (hopefully), though I only have a few ideas of what way she could develop! The problem is that 100% of her reactions consist of railing about the Goloth, because she hasn't been changed since the event where she arrived and the Goloth was part of the story.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I completely agree with posting the logs on the forums. In fact, it's one of the first things I did as soon as I came back to a sleepy Glomdoring. I'm not naming names but I'd like to think that helped attract and keep a player here or there!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I usually post the important ones, not the little interactions. I'll start posting all of those, too!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I'm bad at saving my logs, but I'll try to remember and post 'em.
  • Enyalida said:

EDIT: I have a question. Do gods look at RPWHO when they're in the mood to possess an npc, to see who is around with time to do decent length RP?
    Personally, I do not. 

I mean, if you look at RPWHO at this very moment, 0 out of 53 players in Lusternia have it turned on. So despite the hopes for RPWHO to be used as a connective tool for players (and admin!) for roleplay, it isn't being used much at all. Which is a shame, because it has the potential to be a very powerful tool.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Didn't see that one coming.
    One of the reasons I never used it is because it always listed people I never met before from enemy orgs who I had no real reason to try and RP with.

• I haven't used RPWHO yet because I'm a wee newbie and keep forgetting it's a thing! Also probably not good for much yet besides 'teach this novice about the many many many things she doesn't know' RP. ^_^
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I made turning it on part of my login trigger. So... There's one xD
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Thanks for the post, Hoaracle! I was very intrigued by Adasser from the log that was posted, so it's fun to hear about how he came into being. 

And for the record: I love talking to NPCs. I started doing it when I was new, without realizing it might get me interactions back. Imagine my delight when one spoke up! 

Since then, I'm always slightly hopeful that my idle chattering at a denizen might elicit a response, and pleased as punch when it does. Even when it was a gallery master trashtalking the Skyplume family (nyeh nyeh!! Kiss my butt, Skysoarer! :P) I think my favorite may have been the whole "white heather" incident, because I was so flustered by the quest at the time, so the memory really stuck. I seem to not have it saved anymore, which is sad. But speaking of logs, I do seem to still have a certain "catsphere.txt"...oh dear. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    If the issue with people using it is that people are not using it...

I get the feeling that most players don't know about it, or don't remember about it. More fate guide stumping is needed!
  • Everiine said:
    One of the reasons I never used it is because it always listed people I never met before from enemy orgs who I had no real reason to try and RP with.
    But that's what makes things interesting! Break the mold every once in a while. See what that kind of person does and try and spur a conversation! Not too hard, and it makes for some really good RP.

• Once I am more firmly grounded in the game and feel safe coming out of the trees I'll turn the RPWHO thing on forever. Possibly by stealing @Tarkenton's trigger. ^_^
    Sedanas said:
    Everiine said:
    But that's what makes things interesting! Break the mold every once in a while. See what that kind of person does and try and spur a conversation! Not too hard, and it makes for some really good RP.
    In a time like now, when the enemies are trying to work together, then yeah, it works. But most of the time, I can't think of a single reason Ev would contact a member of the Shadow Court on his own :( . So I guess is the solution is use RPWHO, and hope lots of other people do, too, so I have more people to choose from.

• @Everiine, I would love for the sisters to still meet. Even if it were just Nihi and MD. But to be fair I haven't been putting any effort into RP for a very, very long time. <3 Miss my Seren RP a little. I stalked that lucidian for irl months. If I get some time later tonight I can post all of my Lisaera/Adushoc interactions and what not. I didn't know people actually liked reading them.
  • edited December 2015
    Ieptix said:
    I wrote some words.

Possibly too many words. Actually, definitely too many words. But verbosity and rambling are my things, so deal with it.

As probably Sciomore's most vocal 'critic', I want you to know that I absolutely LOVED hating him. :x
  • @Ieptix IT WAS YOU!!!

I loved Sciomore, especially since I kept sticking my ribbachi at the Matrix and relaying all the shenanigans to Gaudiguch. 10/10 would do again

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Ieptix Thank you for sharing. It's interesting to see the other side. And the death cannon by @kiradawea was really... it was amazing and shocking and I had a lot of RP being basically 'What are going to do with Hallifax having a laser to blow off stuff?'. :x
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I thought it was great, and I loved the fact that there were consequences.

@Davos already mentioned this, but I did covertly give a message to @Yarith and him, basically saying 'Hey, shoot us, but we're going to keep up appearances and fight you then entire way. Also, don't be too obvious about agreeing to shoot us.'

This was sent knowing we had a shield and we'd be ok. (well, I hoped we would) 

I think it was a fantastic event.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Ieptix please give us a part two!

and be my Hellsing Abridged buddy
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Good read.

9/10.

Not a 10 because we didn't get a doom canon.
    Well, did you ASK for a doom cannon?

• [QUOTE]Basically, Kiradawea was responsible for Hallifax even having a meaningful event, even if it meant destroying the city for a few days. [/QUOTE]

Aww. :\">

I'm sad that with all that happened, I didn't think to grab the room designs of Guardian in paintings. I did run around to read them though, and I have to say that I was really happy with how it turned out. I was at that moment really impressed with how quickly you'd whipped up such a nice mini-area. And in retrospect, I should've just kept the access number a secret so more people could enjoy Guardian. It was great.

With that said, I'll make sure to keep trying to get a real Guardian set up at some point. Seeing it built was incredible, and for me, at least, this'll be an event that I'll remember forever.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    If you get to rebuild it, please call it Destroyer instead of Guardian.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• It was called Guardian for a reason. ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.