You favourite place in Lusternia?

I recently saw full realm map an it looks impressive. So many places to visit and explore.. I plobably wont see most of them for quite some time, so Id like to hear which place in Lusternia you love the most. And why? 

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Icewynd. Loved the event that released it, love the lore, love the fact that I have an actual reason to wear scarves and gloves and a warm coat, and I love that it has animals that make empathy a useful skill.

• Icewynd is far too cold with too much lore hidden behind quests that require incredibly large health pools. Instead, I'd say my favourite area is Frosticia. The snow and ice fae have an interesting dynamic. The quest there is fun, and it is a great spot for hunting and influencing.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • The new lava pit.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I can handle Icewynd's cold easy. The hunting things, not so much.

• I can't ever find enough clothes or blankets to avoid having at least a 50% reduction of speed. Makes the place rather unappealing for me.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I can't ever find enough clothes or blankets to avoid having at least a 50% reduction of speed. Makes the place rather unappealing for me.
    As far as I can tell, the highest warm goes up to thermal cocoon...which is still a severe reduction in speed since Icewynd is so bitterly cold (in the dead of winter).  Icewynd actually isn't too bad during spring and summer!  I've had a few windless days where I didn't have any movement reduction.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The Gutter. I love zombies.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Between a rock and a hard place in Hyfae and Klangratch's Teapot in the Northern Passages.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What about between a roc and a hard place?

• At the Master Ravenwood, just watching everything happen from afar.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Between a roc and a hard place is another!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:

At the Master Ravenwood, just watching everything happen from afar.

Feeling 1337?

• Xenthos said:
    At the Master Ravenwood, just watching everything happen from afar.
    Feeling 1337?
    You know it, dawg.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:
    The Gutter. I love zombies.
    The Commander's room was my favourite, but now I adore the dried lava pit so much.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited February 2013
    No love for Magnagora? Let me add some. It's tainted, smells bad, all kind of creepy stuff happening all around. But this is exactly why I love it. I have to say, room descriptions in Lusternia are the best of all MUDs Ive tried recently. Even if I have to check good half of the words in vocabulary.  :-B
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The dried lava pit is a crazy room of amazing wonder that is heavily under the influence of Morgfyre.

There's your Maglove.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Btw, would be cool to hear Creators opinions too. Dont be shy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Our administrators, shy?

Someone forgot to give Eventru the memo!

(Which is generally a good thing, hooray for admin communication)
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Clarramore is airy and beautiful, with wind wisps and butterflies and powderfruit.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The lovers retreat in Caiomhe Dell is very sweet, and hilariously ironic that it is also constantly bombarded with a foul smell.

• NochtNocht Glomdoring
    The Kiakodan Nature Reserve

I remember being walked through it by its creator shortly before its release, and getting a kick out of all the mobs and situations! I think I was still a little ephemeral at the time.
  • On the roof of the ur'Guard tower.

I love the ambient messages of Magnagora from there.  
  • My wife's nest.

Ohoho
  • For me, definitely the asylum. Such a great American horror story feel. Really enjoy creepy psycho stuff like that

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    A little obvious, but I love Tosha, in spite of its oddities. I wish there was a little more to discover about what the monks do there and the function of each training room.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Elostian's Realm [and by extension Mt. Seirode], a nice peaceful place to get lost in. Clarramore pulls up with a close second in the favourite et peaceful department.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Oh. Thoros's temple in Fain Land was always a little awesome secret spot only a tiny handful have seen. It's really cool, behind a blood waterfall.

Fain dominated me to test passwords on it once when I was AFK. And kept flinging me to astral when it didn't work.

Oh memories.

• I just like Serenwilde. Even though I've been playing for a while, I still get somewhat lost in it from time to time, and it really gives the impression of "deep, mysterious forest" without being super dark about it.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.