You favourite place in Lusternia?

Comments

• Celina said:

Oh. Thoros's temple in Fain Land was always a little awesome secret spot only a tiny handful have seen. It's really cool, behind a blood waterfall.

Fain dominated me to test passwords on it once when I was AFK. And kept flinging me to astral when it didn't work.

Oh memories.

No-one can remember the password any more, so the only way in is through the mask-opened passageways.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2013
    Shuyin said:
    Between a rock and a hard place in Hyfae and Klangratch's Teapot in the Northern Passages.
    I similarly enjoy Klangratch's Teapot.

Also, @Isune's Fulcrux.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Oddly enough, I'd like the kepheran hives to live in, apart from the matriarchial society like many insects, particularly bees in this scenario. However, its a bit obscure in lighting from what I discern of navigating the tunnels with dangerous and aggressive creatures that could be anywhere at a turn or such. Second best... I'd probably love to live in Mysrai's godrealm, lol
    Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2013
    I know there is another place that really struck a chord in my aesthetic sensibilities, but strangely I can't remember where or what it is. Besides that, it would be the beautiful manse I designed. Also, despite the fact that it isn't what I thought it would be, @Nocht's temple/godrealm. And definitely the entirety of the Manifestation of Mother Night.

(I never claimed to not be a RL Glom...)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Oh, if we're talking about where we'd like to live? Definitely Stewartsville or Delport. Those two villages have such charm to me.

Possibly Paavik, too. I do love the Lusternian villages.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Most of us would end up living in some sort of Hallifaxian-suburb; I mean, how would we survive without our computers and internet? :(
  • Always been a huge fan of Maylea's godrealm, Kiunid Vruna. I love the impressionistic feel of it. And Czigany Wayfaire! That's a blast. I'll also throw in my vote for Clarramore. Mm, those room descs.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A lot of Mysrai's godrealm rooms have amazing descriptions which boggle the mind, but I'm going to have to go with Mount Seirode. That's where Pesukaru had his first picnic-date with Shulamit, and where he proposed too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Akyaevin said:
    Celina said:

Oh. Thoros's temple in Fain Land was always a little awesome secret spot only a tiny handful have seen. It's really cool, behind a blood waterfall.

Fain dominated me to test passwords on it once when I was AFK. And kept flinging me to astral when it didn't work.

Oh memories.

No-one can remember the password any more, so the only way in is through the mask-opened passageways.
    I've got a few passwords to small areas in the temple. I'll check around sometime.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • On-topic, the Blood Fist is pretty amazing, walking around and trying to place all the cameos. Plus the maggots are cute! Well, so long as they just remain text-objects that adopt your face if you emote at them, I'm pretty sure they'd be more disgusting in real life.
    edited February 2013

Oh duh, how did I forget. LIRANGSHA. The geometry of the Plenopticon (is that even what it's called am I making this up what) is just...mmmmyes.

Zvoltz's godrealm comes in close, very close second to this feast of geometry. Now when Isune gets one for me to fawn over endlessly...from afar at least, then we'll talk favorites again.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's the 'panopticon'! Like, "See everything"/"All Observed". It lets the blind folk 'see'!
  • Lyreth's realm
    Enyalida said:
    It's the 'panopticon'! Like, "See everything"/"All Observed". It lets the blind folk 'see'!
    Unfortunately I would never connect the string "pan" to any of those things, so :b

-

• edited February 2013
    Eritheyl said:

Enyalida said:

Unfortunately I would never connect the string "pan" to any of those things, so :b

Pan references "all". Pandemic, pandemonium, pansexual...

Optic, sight, seeing. Ooh, this is fun. I should break down words more often.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Evali has been crushed to death by a hard-shelled, many-legged cave-fisher.
    You see the death occur at the Princess' Bedchamber.

Someone had a sense of humour.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    My only gripe with the lava pit room, is that you only get the one gibbering insanity hallucination tick on entry. Other than that you can sit in there and nothing happens. There should be periodic hallucinations, drain of mana/willpower and an increasing neurotic state of mind.

You could meditate in there while slowly going mad, yesssssssss

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I've always thought Hallifax's nexus world was gorgeous. The room descriptions, the overall structure, the various Sculptures within it... It's symmetrical, elegant, and jewel-like in every sense of the word.

I seem to remember that Glomdoring's and Magnagora's nexus worlds were both pretty cool too. I have a feeling all the nexus worlds have great flavor and design.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's a little spot in Serenwilde with a small waterfall (not Moon Falls) that has always been a favorite place of mine. I've also appreciated the centaur village in the Hifarae Hills and the fulcruxes of Lisaera and Charune.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'm with @Majanishi - I've long been a huge fan of the i'Xiia Asylum. It's the only area in Lusternia that's ever made me truly scared to explore a little further and see what was inside, and all of the ambience imho is awfully well done. (In part why I have an i'Xiia priest!)
    Don't forget to vote Lusternia!
  • "Near the edge of a pool of frozen crystal." in ethereal serenwilde. Not only is it lovely, it's also the original entrance to Lady Lisaera's temple, and the location of I think both of Laysus' marriages. But all of etherwilde has always been my favourite area in the game.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • ooh, at the top of the Moonhart Mother Tree, it's quiet, no one ever goes up there, so I think meditate and relax in peace and quiet
  • I don't have one yet, since I've been two places and don't remember any of one. Magnagora and Celest.
  • The zoo in Magnagora. Oh Taint, you so crazeh.

Meliashmora because I like it's theme.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • Icewynd all the way!! And the Crown of Rituals!
  • Oh and Frosticia!

• Asmodea said:
    Icewynd all the way!! And the Crown of Rituals!

Asmodea said:
    Oh and Frosticia!

I'm sensing a theme here...

With aetherbubbles, my favourite is Crumkindiva because CANDY.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • Mysrai's Shifting City is a lot of fun. The room descriptions are pretty epic, and very eclectic. It seems to have something that could cater to every type of personal taste. But for me, it always seemed to have the "frozen in time" sort of feel to it. Not sure if that makes sense but yeah.
  • edited April 2013
    I love the Earthen Library - it's where our Guild Tutor is situated. Kind of gives me the feeling of ancient knowledge - heavy, dusty tomes beneath the ground, pleasent silence and all that. Not to mention Jezebel's insanity - once she made a clay pyramid and splashed it onto my head for no particular reason.
  • As a Physics Undergrad I have to say that Hallifax, the Hallifaxian Nexus World and Continuum are all awesome.

1) The complexity and organization of the city of Hallifax is amazing. Considering also that it resembles the city of Sharn of Eberron (D&D campaign setting) adds my love to it. The descriptions are nice, but my mental image of crystalline spires floating in the sky is priceless.

2) The mandala shaped heart of the Matrix is amazing. The motifs are pretty and the map just look gorgeous.

3) Continuum being a semi-hypercube that it takes so hard to get your mind on is mind blowing. If you ever take classes in advanced geometry I can promise you that you could begin to understand just how awesome Continuum is.