Artifact Ideas

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tristanna said:
    Versalean said:
    Okay, I'm finally on the correct page. And, yes, part of my butthurt over the price of the pliers is that the only reason I need them is that I didn't initially understand the rune system well enough to put them on the right item.

That being the case should we really have a system/artefact whose only purpose in the current setup is to 'punish' (intentionally or otherwise) people newbies who put the rune on the wrong thing?
    I would also like to point out, that the runes here make everything permanent too, so once you put a rune on something, you're stuck with it. Making a rune removable, would encourage people to change outfits more often. Or even, just let things decay like normal, so if a newbie put something on the wrong item, they'll get it back eventually. and if you want to change your look eventually, you can. 
    A huge perk to me is that runes make things permanent - I deliberately spread my runes out over my enchantments so they don't decay, because decay is irritating.

I have put runes on the wrong item before, issued myself and had them fixed without trouble because Estarra isn't an evil ogre. 

(That being said it would be nice if it was at least clarified when you attach a rune that it cannot be moved, make sure you're putting it on the right thing and use 'confirm'.)

• Lavinya said:
    Tristanna said:
    Versalean said:
    Okay, I'm finally on the correct page. And, yes, part of my butthurt over the price of the pliers is that the only reason I need them is that I didn't initially understand the rune system well enough to put them on the right item.

That being the case should we really have a system/artefact whose only purpose in the current setup is to 'punish' (intentionally or otherwise) people newbies who put the rune on the wrong thing?
    I would also like to point out, that the runes here make everything permanent too, so once you put a rune on something, you're stuck with it. Making a rune removable, would encourage people to change outfits more often. Or even, just let things decay like normal, so if a newbie put something on the wrong item, they'll get it back eventually. and if you want to change your look eventually, you can. 
    A huge perk to me is that runes make things permanent - I deliberately spread my runes out over my enchantments so they don't decay, because decay is irritating.

I have put runes on the wrong item before, issued myself and had them fixed without trouble because Estarra isn't an evil ogre. 

(That being said it would be nice if it was at least clarified when you attach a rune that it cannot be moved, make sure you're putting it on the right thing and use 'confirm'.)
    I love the permanent part too. Trist still has the same cloak, the same robe, the same boots, the same rings, the same bracelets that she got a year ago when I first started playing. Though sometimes I think it'd be nice to switch to a more planned look. Or get rid of that item so-and-so gave her, and she put an artie in it so she could keep it forever. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited February 2017
    Might be interesting to be able to put items into Nexii and have it destroy the item but return the rune. As I understand it the primary draw for the Pliers is more that moving the runes doesn't destroy the item with them, since I think you could smelt the weapons down and get the runes back or detach the runes and destroy the weapon before, but that might be Mandela Effect at work.
  • Anita said:
    Soooooooooooooooo....

How about that honey / honeycomb artifact?

Something that works like the flowerpot or the candy box.

Tae's Secret Stash of Honeycomb: (works exactly like the magical flowerpot) : Produces a max of 6 honeycombs per Lusternian month, when removed like flowers, lasts 2 months. Can be stored in shop storerooms.

Tae's Secret Honeypot: (works exactly like Gryphta's Olde Tyme Healing Tonic) Produces only honey (not honeycombs), can be put into the liquid-rift, vials, kegs etc.

*Please note, these are only names off the top of my head, but please let me us have honey ;-; *
    *Also please note, these are able to be used in cooking recipes etc. And possibly anything with honeycombs, if the second artifact were to be a thing, can we use the honey instead of trying to find the honeycombs?*

Bumpy bump. Please? 
  • Would it be possible to ever have an artifact to break down curios? I'm not sure if I'm the only one, I have a butt-ton of hair curios I'm never going to use that are completed, it'd be nice to be able to break them down (obviously for a cost).

Could have a one-time for one completed curios at the 30-40-50 or 75 credit mark, and then a one you can use all the time for a much higher credit cost?
  • Anita said:
    Would it be possible to ever have an artifact to break down curios? I'm not sure if I'm the only one, I have a butt-ton of hair curios I'm never going to use that are completed, it'd be nice to be able to break them down (obviously for a cost).

Could have a one-time for one completed curios at the 30-40-50 or 75 credit mark, and then a one you can use all the time for a much higher credit cost?
    You might explain the need a bit more?

You realize that if you want random bits someone will almost certainly trade you x random bits for that curio? Possibly with x being more than 10?

The cost proposed puzzles me. You have a one time cost that seems roughly on par or perhaps even higher than most curios.

Are you having trouble selling extras?
  • 11928   * Complete Azure Fins           None         Complete Azure Fins
    21934   * Complete Dark Feral Mane      None         Complete Dark Feral Mane
    26763   * Complete Crimson Soft Mane    None         Complete Crimson Soft Mane
    31059   * Complete Fiery Red Curls      None         Complete Fiery Red Curls
    44228   * Complete Rainbow Plumes       None         Complete Rainbow Plumes
    82054   * Complete Dove-Grey Feathers   None         Complete Dove-Grey Feather
    140193  * Complete Spiked Blonde Hair   None         Complete Spiked Blonde Hai
    166734  * Complete Brittle White Hair   None         Complete Brittle White Hai
    177675  * Complete Wild Pink Hair       None         Complete Wild Pink Hair
    180669  * Complete Curled Blonde Hair   None         Complete Curled Blonde Hai
    213952  * Complete Electric-Blue Hair   None         Complete Electric-Blue Hai
    216571  * Complete Blond Pigtails       None         Complete Blond Pigtails
    218890  * Complete Powder-Blue Pigtails None         Complete Powder-Blue Pigta

Above is a list of hair curios I can't get rid of - I suppose I can just try again to sell them, but rather than getting gold or credits, it'd be nice to break them down for rubbing. At most I get 2 goop from a piece, and other pieces to go toward my other curios I'm searching for / possibly want to make.
  • @Anita I suppose part of the issue is the admin seeming to price curios at what 3 credits each? Where, many of the curios added don't hold that sort of market value.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ayisdra said:
    Versalean said:
    Okay. Totally agree with your estimation of their value. But if it was originally auction only I guess they have to price it higher to not screw over the auction winners. Thanks for clarifying, @Ayisdra.
    Oh, you misunderstood, @Versalean. They were never actually an auction artifact. They were originally going to be auction, but Estarra asked "if three people would be willing to pay what I think they would be valued at, I will release them as a general artifact instead". Which is what happened, Est valued them at 1500 and people were willing to pay that. I believe a full set of weapon runes were around 3K credits when they were a thing and people needed at least two sets (one bashing set and one pvp set), which I think is probably a decent price for the pliers in those times.
    I am one of those "three people" (I think there were more than just three) who were willing to pay 1500 for it (it was actually a deal for us warriors).

I have, for a very long time, been a proponent of adjusting how warrior weapon runes worked & reducing the price of the pliers considerably.

At this point we have the warrior rune overhaul done (though different from how I proposed it), we just need the cost reduction to be applied.  I love my pliers; they are really useful to have.  But they should be more easily acquirable, I am sure they would sell a whole lot more with reasonable pricing.
  • Aetherbomb (2000cr)

One charge per month. You target a player with it, and it turns off all their artefacts for 1 hour. Could help to reduce the feeling of power creep in the game. 
  • Giving someone very rich the ability to disable one person's arties for -any- length of time sounds to me like it would only increase the feeling of power creep.
  • Versalean said:
    Aetherbomb (2000cr)

One charge per month. You target a player with it, and it turns off all their artefacts for 1 hour. Could help to reduce the feeling of power creep in the game. 
    Hah, and all the super rich people will buy dozens and bomb each other mericilessly all day.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Uhhh, lusternia's arties aren't actually all that combat-necessary. Garbage players will still be garbage with artifacts, and supermasterproplayers will still be good.

You can't disable greatness (or garbageness?).
  • Why is Sidd in the artifact name and it affects Shuyin?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lerad said:
    Why is Sidd in the artifact name and it affects Shuyin?
    Because without Sidd, Shuyin loses power.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lachesis's Shuttle ~2K artifact.
     Once per weave allows user to change one ability's description, this change is illusionary. [OOC there is no mechanical effect. Only changes what those who could normally see the ability will read/see when you use it.] Only one ability may be altered by this at any time.
    REWEAVE <skill><ability><description>

Might be best as an auction artifact similar to the Shears.Though, in that case the once per weave requirement becomes once per hour/IG day.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2017
    Tylwyth said:
    Lachesis's Shuttle ~2K artifact.
     Once per weave allows user to change one ability's description, this change is illusionary. [OOC there is no mechanical effect. Only changes what those who could normally see the ability will read/see when you use it.] Only one ability may be altered by this at any time.

Might be best as an auction artifact similar to the Shears.Though, in that case the once per weave requirement becomes once per hour/IG day.
    Something like this is actually very popular in other IREs. Instead of you picking the message, there are a collectible series of reskins for your prime bashing attack (I suppose we'd need whips as an option too) that you can swap between. For example, if you activate the ice version, your sword attacks are reskinned to show you blasting ice at the NPC. Most of these are customized based on the attack, as well.

Personally, I think something like selling these is great for a promo - the collectible nature encourages people to snap up a bunch, they are purely cosmetic so don't change the game's meta, and they are FUN. It's cool to see some variety when grinding away.

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1294/styles
  • Breandryn said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Lachesis's Shuttle ~2K artifact.

Something like this is actually very popular in other IREs. Instead of you picking the message, there are a collectible series of reskins for your prime bashing attack (I suppose we'd need whips as an option too) that you can swap between. For example, if you activate the ice version, your sword attacks are reskinned to show you blasting ice at the NPC. Most of these are customized based on the attack, as well.

Personally, I think something like selling these is great for a promo - the collectible nature encourages people to snap up a bunch, they are purely cosmetic so don't change the game's meta, and they are FUN. It's cool to see some variety when grinding away.

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1294/styles
    Last time I suggestion something like (in relation to the nose scent lines), I was told, by players, that it would be bad for combatants who relay on having such lines in a single standardized format for knowing what their enemies are doing. At least not without some sort of standard line (like 'Ayisdra used scent') in the game.

Personally I would love the ability (although not 2K credit love, more like ~50cr...) to have customized lines for stuff.
  • Well, that's something I imagine won't be such an issue once server-side stuff is tackled. In the other IREs, that included a config for brief combat lines (eg Name used transmology slime) so changing the descriptive lines no longer messed with combat.
  • Well, something to look at in the future then.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2017
    Something you can drop in a room and it blocks player pets like ribbachies, that one fae and I think tracker hounds from relaying what is said.

Edit: I know privacy gems are a thing, but something temporary you can carry with you would be a neat alternative.
  • Tirah said:
    Something you can drop in a room and it blocks player pets like ribbachies, that one fae and I think tracker hounds from relaying what is said.

Edit: I know privacy gems are a thing, but something temporary you can carry with you would be a neat alternative.
    Only if we can get the ability to see emotes through the ents >_>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Absolutely agree.

Incidentally, there is no fae that spies. 

It's REALLY REALLY easy to just detect one of the spy ents and immediately kill it, by the way. The thing you carry with you that stops spying is your weapon/caster implement. Eco bonds usually take one hit and they have to scurry off  - or they don't have armor and killing them is fast and lops like 70% of a tanky demigod's max hp off. Ditto tracker bonds, sans armor. Ribbachi go down even faster. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Absolutely agree.

Incidentally, there is no fae that spies. 

It's REALLY REALLY easy to just detect one of the spy ents and immediately kill it, by the way. The thing you carry with you that stops spying is your weapon/caster implement. Eco bonds usually take one hit and they have to scurry off  - or they don't have armor and killing them is fast and lops like 70% of a tanky demigod's max hp off. Ditto tracker bonds, sans armor. Ribbachi go down even faster. 
    Killing the creaturer's of your city mates seems wrong.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, if it's a citymate just tell them to knock it off :/
  • Maybe something like this has come up (or maybe it even exists in some form). I apologize if that's the case:

Test Dummy - 150cr
    Only usable in an arena, can be attacked just like a player. But rather than take damage from attacks, it simply tells the owner the specifics of the attack: amount of damage done, what afflictions, etc. Also allows user to enter arena by themselves by CHALLENGE DUMMY.
  • Foehn said:
    Maybe something like this has come up (or maybe it even exists in some form). I apologize if that's the case:

Test Dummy - 150cr
    Only usable in an arena, can be attacked just like a player. But rather than take damage from attacks, it simply tells the owner the specifics of the attack: amount of damage done, what afflictions, etc. Also allows user to enter arena by themselves by CHALLENGE DUMMY.
    Just confused about why the bolded would be helpful? Whatever the answer, I'd pay 150cr just for the rest.