Artifact Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What?  It's that time already?  Oh gosh, oh gosh.

/hyperventilate.

/trawl thread for previous ideas.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos said:
    1) The ability to get added to cartels for design access only; no access to the clan aether, news posts, ability to see who is in it, etc, simply design access.
     - It would be really preferable if this wasn't an artifact and available to everyone, but I've asked for it numerous times to no avail thus far.
     - Giving the clan head the ability to restrict certain designs so that these design-leeches can't see them would also be nice.
    2) A curio satchel.  You can stick all your curios in the satchel and activate / utilize them (including rubbing the enchanted ones), but they do not take up inventory clutter.  This way you can actually pull the things out if you want to show them off, instead of anchoring them back home.
    3) Revamp warrior runes as per my idea on the last forums; warriors will love you!

I had more floating around, but it is early and they do not wish to come to play at this point.  I'll post them when I re-think of them.

Xenthos said:
    An Ikon-generator; once per RL day you can pull an Ikon out of it.
    It also comes with the ability to tune it to a specific (non-Eternal!) set, meaning that you'll always get an Ikon from that set (but the ikon drawn remains random).

1 ikon every 24 hours isn't going to throw things off; can generate more than that pretty readily in other ways.

Possible addition:
    * Further comes with a low (2-5%?) chance of drawing a random Eternal ikon, since it is an artifact after all, regardless of how it is tuned.

Xenthos said:
    Quest curio companion; whenever you earn a quest curio, a second one is automatically generated from the same collection!

Xenthos said:
    A skillflex enhancement artifact: raises the number of skillflex points per day from 50 to 100.

• edited April 2013
    Treads of the Obsessive: When worn, these boots give you a message every time you enter a new room for the purposes of explorer ranking. Additionally, you may STOMP TREADS to see how many rooms in the current area you have explored, and the total number of rooms.

Certificate of Unparalleled Lechery: The owner of this charm may have children acknowledge him or her as their parent, without the owner being married. Children claimed in this manner will never know for certain who their other parent is.

Prism of Tzaraziko: Once per Lusternian day, you may SPIN PRISM to change all damage you deal to denizen to one type, chosen at random upon spin. This effect lasts until the prism is spun again or for after four Lusternian days.

Decoy Generator: Dropped in a room, creates a copy of yourself which can be targeted by others. When hit with a hostile action, it explodes, causing minor damage and stealing equilibrium for a period. The decoy shows up on SCENT with your name. 15 minute use cooldown.

----

Also, I'm getting to a point where I really, really want to be able to stick a shield rune on a monk or warrior weapon. But that might just mean I need to talk to my envoy.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Being able to single parent adopt would be GREAT! Also, being able to adopt when your spouse is inactive, but you don't want to divorce them for reasons.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited April 2013
    Except a shield rune on a monk or warrior weapon will be a bit overpowered, I'd think, especially if you still get to use it as a weapon. If not, well... might as well just use a weapon and a shield. That said, weaponparry takes precedence over shieldparry, so if you have a shield and a weapon wielded, you'll be parrying with weapon rather than shield. I think that's probably intentional, but eh... no idea. I just know that any time I've wielded a weapon and a shield on a character, they'd ignore the shield completely.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Except a shield rune on a monk or warrior weapon will be a bit overpowered, I'd think, especially if you still get to use it as a weapon. If not, well... might as well just use a weapon and a shield. That said, weaponparry takes precedence over shieldparry, so if you have a shield and a weapon wielded, you'll be parrying with weapon rather than shield. I think that's probably intentional, but eh... no idea. I just know that any time I've wielded a weapon and a shield on a character, they'd ignore the shield completely.
    There was this one time that Shuyin and Akui attached shield runes to her katana and it bugged out every katana in the game. I had a katana with 780some precision and 400 speed. It was sweet for a day

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • A tablet of faith (or whatever you want to call it)
    - Allows you to check how much essence you have offered to the god whose shrine you are standing before. (Showofferings for yourself only)

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Let's Do This! Version 8

Kiakodan Pollen - when held in the inventory, anyone who says the user's name will make the user sneeze. If you want this to be even more fun, allow it to work off tells and channels as well.

Crumkane's cookie - a cookie that you can eat over and over and over for some sustenance. Usable twice per game day.

A beacon of ice - generates one ice larva in the the user's room once per IC year.

A time contraption - allows you to set your age once, contraption gets destroyed afterwards

A book of regional dialects - allows you to give your says an accent or voice. Ex: Shuyin says in a whiny voice, "Nerf" - subject to admin review/approval.

Mark of racial superiority - allows you to change your perceived race to any of the spec-specific adjectives without actually changing your stats - ex: Shuyin the kephera can choose to be displayed as a royal kephera without zenobia being up, etc.

A gnomish hose - fills a room with actual water, making you need to SWIM to get in/out.

A heavenly drill - allows you to temporarily change indoor rooms to outdoors for a few seconds, allowing you to fly/etc.

A fierce ring of death - allows a player to challenge another player to a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Mechanical crank - keeps musicboxes playing until you STOP CRANK, then they'll run their timer down naturally. Maybe have it work for pocketwatches too, but not a big deal. 

Balloon rune. - heavily reduces your summon resistance when worn. Opposite of mass rune.

Minimap - catacombs map for the user only, doesn't take entourages (player, etc), stopped by distort.

Scorpion's Tail - with this item in your inventory, lets you envenom your weapons with any existing poison.

Stretched skin - adds +100 tattoo weight to a body part. If you want to gouge people, make one for every body part.

Divine feast - add 40 demi weight, upgrade of manna.

Mark of the stars - bestows a random astrology sphere on you once per IC day, weighted to be beneficial.

Shroud of Atropos - Hides the user's kills from deathsense.

Dimensional Key - allows you to send portals (like in Veneration) to another player, stopped by everything that stops portals. Entering a portal while a monolith is dropped will prevent successful entry as well.

Vanity Mirror - allows the user to generate 1 reflection of himself, like the Beastmastery/Glamours ability.

Bolas - when wielded, allows you to throw them at a target, entangling them. Can be done directionally as well.

Ikonchest - generates 1-2 random ikons inside every IC month.

Curiochest - same as above, only curios.

Roidoru reagent - speeds up beast balance.

Night's cauldron: replaces a SD's cauldron, generate shadows every IC day, up to 200

Pound of flesh - generates a specific flesh once per IC day, syntax is WEIGH (flesh)

Gem mine - same as the flesh, only for charged gems

A card of the fates - a blank tarot card that allows you to inscribe any tarot card on it once every IC year, acts like an infinite version of the card inscribed

Mote of the fates - same as above, only for motes

Rune of the fates - same as above, only for runes

Covenleader's Badge - if you're the leader of the coven, reduces the number of members required for rituals by 1.

Blessing of the Forest - if you're appointed the caretaker of a totem, all your totems last significantly longer before reverting.

Stealth Brace - generates darts for blowguns every IC day.

Holy Altar - generates 1-2 holy globes every IC month.

Mister - generates mist reagents every IC day.

Sapper - same but for woodstuff

Charger - same but for aerochem

Flag of the 2nd Circle  - grants the owner the "standardbearer" ability in Knighthood

An Illusory Prop - grants the owner the ability to cast programmed illusions in a room.

Snoefaasian Amulet - grants the owner the ability to freeze ground, put up icewalls, and call forth a blizzard effect similar to the snoefaasia fae. The latter is usable once every IC month.

Cape of the Inferno - grants the wearer a 20% chance to burn away the next entanglement that hits them. Only works for entangles that you can invoke summer/tipheret on.

An Aetherial Hook - allows you to pull an adventurer from a room adjacent to your own. Stopped by shield, summon resistance, blocking, and walls.

Beastmaster's Whip - lash it to a loyal entity (tracking dog, flesh, fae, demons, angels, etc) and you will be able to summon it at no cost (power, area, room, etc reqs) except for balance/equilibrium once every IC day.

Poison Bomb - Throw this object at the ground or to another room, hitting everyone in the room with random afflictions.

Urlach's Gravestone - You power it up by killing mobs. When it reaches you full power, you can set it at a room where you will be automatically rezzed when you die. Need to kill again to recharge it.

Changeling Armor - Permanent armour that can be changed between 70/70 robes or 100/100 fullplate whenever you touch it for a big balance loss. 

Portahouse - Allows you to set up illusory manses as if you were a bard. 

Recharging field - When worn, anyone who hits and bounces off your shield (lowmagic/highmagic/etc) will restore a portion of your health per attempt.

Brass balls - gives you access to the numb ability from athletics.

Wand of Stonewalls - lets you make stonewalls, like the other similar wands.

Circlet of Dionamus - lets you use the vitality ability from athletics.

Springloaded Boots - lets you use the springup ability from acrobatics.

Tae'dae's Skull - gives the wearer a chance to resist forced commands.

Tzaraziko's Dice - you can roll these dice once a month and get a random blessing. Like the candy box, only better. Examples: +1-2 unweighted to a random stat, health bonus, DMP, etc.

Ayridion's Spark - when worn or consumed, allows a demigod to make purchaed powers go supernumerary for no essence cost.

Badge of the Explorerb - when worn, it gives the wearer a line whenever any 'new' rooms are entered for the purposes of determining the gain of explorer rank.

Beastmaster's Gland - allows a beast to hold and spit up to 100-500 shots of a poison.

Ring of D'varsha - wearing this ring gives the owner a 10/10 armor boost along with a full set of tailoring proofs. Stacks with any type of armor.

------------------------

....Yeah, I'm going for interesting stuff now.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013

Springup doesn't need to be made more prevalent heh. It's kind of broken against Cavs, BC and Axelord.

I like the tae'dae skull idea and the beast master gland especially. Even 50 extra sips would be cool.

Minimap would be sweet too. I'd buy that.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Vesterra's Orb 

Allows you to go into a trance-like state where you keep on dreaming until you wake up(via your own choice or when you get attacked).
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Every time this comes up, some people like to rehash everything they've ever suggested before but didn't get in. You're welcome to do so but I note that Estarra takes every idea from the thread, compiles them in a list, then we remove the ones we do. Then the following time, we add to that list. Bringing up "Crumkane's Cookie" for four years running doesn't actually do anything, in that regard; it was already on the list and will be on the list next time, and so forth.
    Well no one ever explained the process, all we get are bumps. But I'll keep that in mind for next time.
  • edited April 2013
    I figured not, given it tends to happen a lot - thus why I pointed it out! There should be an emoticon of a rainbow and a star.

My suggestion is to always look for new ideas versus old ones. Personally, if I were sitting around creating artifact concepts (I'm not, probably the worst person in the world for that job) I'd come up with things that aren't "mimic xyz" but unique, interesting, and valuable. Who that value appeals to, be it combatants, utilitarian, or roleplayers, isn't really important - just that it has it. Though, I'd try to come up with enough things that every 'type' is appealed to. That's just from my experience, anyways. I'm sure looking at what have been approved and what haven't is a good enough indicator.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Damnit Shuyin, you were 1 hour past my expected time. Way to fail me. :( Good thing I didn't bet any money or anything on you.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Creating unique artifact ideas is pretty tough. If it weren't, the admin wouldn't be outsourcing thinking of ideas to players.

Furthermore, a lack of feedback on what can and cannot be done when it comes to artifact ideas can only get you so far.

And sorry! Long day.

But fine, here's some more:

Boring name 1 - increases the length of time before your damage shift fades.

Ran out of cool names 2 - Allows you to hold multiple gestalts and allows you to easily switch between a battle gestalt and an influence one.

Not very clever title 3 - allows you to stage your own lotteries and quizzes ala divine events.

Nggh, insert funny artie here 4 - the wearer takes less damage and shrugs more afflictions the more people attack him/her within a span of time.

Okay last one for now 5 - scrying effects on you have a chance to return random locations instead of your actual one.
  • A curio jigsaw puzzle piece - can be attached to an existing partial curio to fill a random slot that isn't already in existence. Cannot connect two jigsaw pieces together, but enables people to finish a curio that only has one piece missing.

A (lesser/greater) rune of empowered fields - attached to jewelry, increases mists/spores/leaves/fields/etc. duration by 1.5x/2x (unless demesne runes already do this).

A rune of enriched reagents - attached to jewelry, doubles the creation of reagents and sap from 5 to 10.

A rune of reactions - attached to jewelry, increases the chance for reactive effects to proc. PhantomArmor, catalysts, barks, mantras, firering, facepaints, etc.

An (un)holy beast collar - attached to a beast, gives them divinus or excorable-type minor breath.

• Oh, is Shuyin bringing the game-imbalancing stuff? Lemme give it a shot...

Great Rune of ______ Piercing: Comes in ranks 1/2/3. Against denizens, reduces damage resistance against the given type of damage by 1/2/3 ranks (for example, dropping invulnerability to supreme/enormous/great resistance.) Against players, reduces effective DMP of the given type by 5/10/15.

Great Rune of Clarity: Doubles the length of stun and blackout immunity.

Speeding Hourglass of Demise: Shortens the cast length of timed instant kills by one second.

Tosha Prayer Beads: A monk with these beads is considered to have a momentum of at least 2 at all times.

Resonance Diamonaut: A battle turret with this diamonaut attached proceeds through its BOMBARD cycle much faster.

Lirangshan Mist: POINT JAR AT (target) to unleash a soothing mist, putting a denizen back into a laidback state. Resets once per Lusternian day.

Lirangshan Terror: POINT JAR AT (target) to instantly put them into a paranoid state. Specifically works on villagers in revolt and targets currently being influenced. Resets once per Lusternian day.

----

...but seriously, make that Flag of the 2nd Circle. Please. Invincible monk needs to show off.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited April 2013
    I kind of like the scrying effects one for sure.

EDIT: Can be called mantle of mystical misdirection.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Combo stuff:

Raaahhh don't feel like thinking of a cool title 6 - shield rune + grip rune + 10 cut/blunt to any attachable object.

Changeling Weapon - changes to the weapon of your choice (with adjustable stats) every time you do a command for a long balance time.
    edited April 2013
    Viynain said:
    A (lesser/greater) rune of empowered fields - attached to jewelry, increases mists/spores/leaves/fields/etc. duration by 1.5x/2x (unless demesne runes already do this).

A rune of enriched reagents - attached to jewelry, doubles the creation of reagents and sap from 5 to 10.

A rune of reactions - attached to jewelry, increases the chance for reactive effects to proc. PhantomArmor, catalysts, barks, mantras, firering, facepaints, etc.

Unfortunately, first one does not do so. Second one would be nice. Third one would be iffy for me somewhat.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Would love an artifact that doubles the number of rings/necklaces we can wear would be lovely. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I wouldn't worry too much about "possible" (unless you know it isn't). Let Iosai worry about that. (/hum)
    edited April 2013
    Eventru said:
    I wouldn't worry too much about "possible" (unless you know it isn't). Let Iosai worry about that. (/hum)
    An artifact that makes you talk more than Eventru. 

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • An artifact for melders that negates affinity.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Manse artifact: Aetherrift. Works like a personal rift, but has a much larger capacity (10x or so). Can only be used by the owner of the manse.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Eventru's Salubrious Loincloth - Alerts everyone in the Basin when the wearer logs on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Orb of Shrouding - can only be implanted in a manse you own. Makes anyone in the room unable to be scried/farscouted.

Gnomish Chumbucket - PULL BEAST FROM BUCKET to spawn a random non-loyal mob from anywhere in Lusternia once a lusternian month. Maybe a fink, maybe a Kethuru tentacle. Automatically aggressive.

Yoftie's Awl - point this awl at a mob or person to make a non-reactive doll of them. Lasts ?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • <insert object type here> of aetheric attunement: Allows the user to attune to a plane or aetherbubble once per lusternian day. For the duration of the day, the user can speak and be heard on that plane or aetherbubble from anywhere, somewhat like a limited version of omniscience. Possibly, in addition, the user would be able to scry people on that plane or aetherbubble from anywhere (ie, you could scry people on astral from prime if attuned).